Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 00:12:00 <John Rosser>
ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 00:18:00 <Hunt M>
DAMM!!!!!!!!!
I'm painting my car on the friday and saturday before then.....lets hope its
all done by sunday!!!

ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the above
date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just wondering
who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and david linton
show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 08:21:00 <Adrian Maka>
Sounds like a good excuse to come to a meet and put the mighty 1JZ down
the quarter.
Keep me informed. like a meeting time and place or it be there?

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:05:35 +1200, "John Rosser"
<the_fallen303@hotmail.com> wrote :

> ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

> Thanks
>
> John Rosser

Adrian Maka
ClubAW Co-Founder
adrian@clubaw.co.nz

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 08:23:00 <Libby Cameron>
How about hams people meet at gilmours, aucks people meet wherever they sort
out, then all group up at mercer b4 heading to champion dragway???

just times to really sort out now???

Libby

>From: "Adrian Maka" <adrian@clubaw.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags
>Date: 1 Jul 2003 20:14:49 -0000
>
>Sounds like a good excuse to come to a meet and put the mighty 1JZ down
>the quarter.
>Keep me informed. like a meeting time and place or it be there?
>

>On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:05:35 +1200, "John Rosser"
><the_fallen303@hotmail.com> wrote :

> > ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
>above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
>wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
>david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > John Rosser

>--
>Adrian Maka
>ClubAW Co-Founder
>adrian@clubaw.co.nz

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
friends!

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 11:13:00 <Peter O>
Hunt,

Sounds like you are doing the paint job yourself.
That's a big job if one seeks a top finish.
Do you mind outlining what your doing where & how you prepped.

Pete
I'm painting my car on the friday and saturday before then.....lets hope
its all done by sunday!!!

ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 13:57:00 <Hunt M>
ok well we've spent about 30 hours on her getting her straight and have this
thursday friday and saturday to keep going so another 30 hours easy and then
the next friday will be very very fine sanding etc and saturday will be
paint day.
here's how it's gone so far

first thing was the drivers front guard as it was a little stuffed. we spent
hours and hours on that bugga!!
we tried to sand it back but as the front of the car has been resprayed
before there were quite a few layers of paint on so out came the angle
grinder and some cool air sanding thingy....called a DA i think??
with it back to bare metal we started to bogg it....roughly at first of
course just to get some base!!
after about 4-5 coats of bogg and a few coats of high build we've finally
got the guard pretty straight....still has a high tho so will take a little
bit more work....then went on the high build.....nice and yellow....and with
black guide coat on top it looked like a bumble bee car haha

next was the bonnet.....the paint on this was unreal!! the DA didnt even
touch it with 60grit and the little paint grinder on the drill just got
chewed up.....so off to mitre ten to get some paint stripper!! it took about
4 coats of paint stripper to get most of it off then finished it with the DA
then some long boards......it was actually nice and straight *phew*

so now on to the other gaurd....this was much the same as the bonnet....hard
as a rock....so out came the paint stripper again hahah so back to bare
metal again after many many coats of paint stripper and lots of sanding....
filled this up with bogg and sanded with long boards etc many many times
till finally nice and straight!!

we sprayed the front guards and bonnet with high build nice and
thick.....just to give us something to work from

now the front bumper.....this was a little tricky and out of everything has
the most amount of work to do.....we couldn't really use paint stripper as
when you try to scrap it off the scrappers would just dig into the plastic
and leave a nice little gouge!! so we got most of the top layers off
carefully with paint stripper then got the good old DA out and also just
some sanding boards and blocks

with the bumper ready we started sanding the rest of the car.....very
minimal work required here as the rest of the car wasn't that bad!!! just
sanding wet and dry to get the shine off ready for the high build......

the back right panel mind you had some work to do as there was a nice
running dent down it....john and some bogg soon saw to that haha

sprayed the high build over the rest of the car including front bumper but
not front guards and bonnet as these were already done.....the stuff we used
is green....hence the nick name at work.....the hulk mobile!! hahah

I've prolly missed alot but my mind is a kinda blank after some of those
fumes!! hahah......we used masks when doing the finall high build.....man
that stuff was strong haha

I'm painting my car on the friday and saturday before then.....lets hope
its all done by sunday!!!

ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 15:04:00 <Peter O>
Hunt,

Thanks - very interesting.
Obviously you have access to suitable garage in which to make a ton of dust
& presumably a clean positively ventilated spray booth.

But what about inside the doors, under bonnet, boot, engine bay, etc - I
assume you are not changing colour
What sort of paint have you selected & why.

Pete

I'm painting my car on the friday and saturday before then.....lets hope
its all done by sunday!!!

ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---
http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 15:32:00 <Hunt M>
for the prep work I'm using a mates garage.....you'd prolly know him....John
with the Type R......
as for the REAL paint we are hoping to use spites spray booth with has a big
suckie fan hehee
the original car color is white and this paint job ios gonna be white with a
blue pearl so not much different.......

I'm painting my car on the friday and saturday before then.....lets hope
its all done by sunday!!!

ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the
above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just
wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and
david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---
http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 21:25:00 <blondebear>
I would be most interested in the winter drags, One of the other car clubs wouldn't be the MR2 club, they are doing a run from Tauranga up north. Any details would be helpful cheers
ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

Re: Fw: july 13th winter drags   2003-07-02 22:31:00 <John Rosser>
cool man, would be great to have you along. as for details, it's just a normal winter drags event that champion dragway run. if your from the waikato we'll be meeting at gilmours carpark on Te rapa straight, just across from the pukete shell station. details of the winterdrags are on the champions website at http://www.championdragway.co.nz/
if you need anymore info check the forum at www.toyperformance.org.nz or e-mail me. my details are on the website

john

I would be most interested in the winter drags, One of the other car clubs wouldn't be the MR2 club, they are doing a run from Tauranga up north. Any details would be helpful cheers
ok guys 'n gals, i'm trying to organise a meet up at the drags on the above date, and also organising it with about three other clubs. just wondering who from the supra club would like to come along to help me and david linton show the baby cars how it's done :)

Thanks

John Rosser

july 13th winter drags   2003-07-09 12:43:00 <John Rosser>