Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 19:02:00 <dale_bradly@...>
Well, it's back together, and about all i can say is i fixed the exhaust leak. Running under vacuum is fine, however that's all there is. I can't make any boost, the gauge stops at exactly 0psi and goes no higher. Have yet to find the cause. A 1650kg car is real sluggish with no boost! And the car has started smoking, so i guess it's all over. I'm gonna take it off the road long term and do stuff to it. :-( reduced to driving the Ford p.o.s.
After talking to Alltech, they said there is little that can be done for the CT-12A, due to the ceramic turbine, being a very real chance of it breaking off.
Anyone got any other idea's for an as-new, reliable setup? Any confirmation on the later model 1JZ having different ports? Would a 2JZ system fit? Anyone recommend a different turbo setup? Is there any bolt-in replacements for them? (HKS!!!)

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 19:41:00 <Cully Paterson>

> Well, it's back together, and about all i can say is i fixed the exhaust
leak.
>Would a 2JZ system fit?

Nope. The CT12Bs hit the firewall. You can retro the 12B cores into the
12A housings, but it's as yet unproven for any length of time.

>Anyone recommend a different turbo setup? Is there any bolt-in replacements
for them? (HKS!!!)

How much money you got??

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 19:44:00 <Hunt M>
off topic but cully your clock is 3 years out hahahah

> > Well, it's back together, and about all i can say is i fixed the exhaust
> leak.
> >Would a 2JZ system fit?
>
> Nope. The CT12Bs hit the firewall. You can retro the 12B cores into the
> 12A housings, but it's as yet unproven for any length of time.
>

> >Anyone recommend a different turbo setup? Is there any bolt-in
replacements
> for them? (HKS!!!)
>
> How much money you got??

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 19:46:00 <Cully Paterson>
Not my computer - I wouldn't be that slack ;)

> off topic but cully your clock is 3 years out hahahah

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:20:00 <john shannon>

Diesel ct12b turbos cores are better only running one of them with one standerd and getting good results and a good power upgrade been on car for 2months and still going strong

>From: "Cully Paterson"
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:21:38 +1200
>

> > Well, it's back together, and about all i can say is i fixed the exhaust
>leak.
> >Would a 2JZ system fit?
>
>Nope. The CT12Bs hit the firewall. You can retro the 12B cores into the
>12A housings, but it's as yet unproven for any length of time.
>

> >Anyone recommend a different turbo setup? Is there any bolt-in replacements
>for them? (HKS!!!)
>
>How much money you got??
>

>Cully

With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone!

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:30:00 <Rob M>
John,
How'd you get on today - any traction/times?
Rob M.

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:31:00 <stuartw@...>
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, john shannon wrote:

> Diesel ct12b turbos cores are better only running one of them with one
> standerd and getting good results and a good power upgrade been on car
> for 2months and still going strong

In what way are they 'better'??

diesel turbos have a completely different design target than petrol, as
the
engine operates in a very different way with different intake/exhaust
flows - what makes you think a diesel turbo is well suited to petrol use?

diesel turbos are also designed for much lower exhaust temperatures, and
tend to ignore lag problems as they operate in a much more constant flow.

they are also designed for much lower peak flow rates.

Stuart W.

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:35:00 <john shannon>

Traction was no good but won the day even beat v8 killer

>From: "Rob M"
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:22:36 +1200
>
>John,
>How'd you get on today - any traction/times?
>Rob M.

Download MSN Messenger - add your friends!

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:36:00 <Hunt M>
he didnt kill you cos you arent a v8.....if you were a v8 you wouldn't have
a hope in hell.... LOL

Traction was no good but won the day even beat v8 killer

>From: "Rob M"
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:22:36 +1200
>
>John,
>How'd you get on today - any traction/times?
>Rob M.

----
Download MSN Messenger - add your friends! ---

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:42:00 <john shannon>

Quest 4 recomended the up grade and i am just trying one and gone from 228kw to 289kw and been down the drag strip a few times.

>From: stuartw@kcbbs.gen.nz
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:17:44 +1200 (NZST)
>
>On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, john shannon wrote:
>

> > Diesel ct12b turbos cores are better only running one of them with one
> > standerd and getting good results and a good power upgrade been on car
> > for 2months and still going strong
>
>In what way are they 'better'??
>
>diesel turbos have a completely different design target than petrol, as
>the
>engine operates in a very different way with different intake/exhaust
>flows - what makes you think a diesel turbo is well suited to petrol use?
>
>diesel turbos are also designed for much lower exhaust temperatures, and
>tend to ignore lag problems as they operate in a much more constant flow.
>
>they are also designed for much lower peak flow rates.
>
>Stuart W.

Check out the Xtra gaming servers at www.xtramsn.co.nz/gaming !

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:46:00 <john shannon>

I think if he had traction then he would of killed me

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:31:23 +1200
>
>he didnt kill you cos you arent a v8.....if you were a v8 you wouldn't have
>a hope in hell.... LOL

With Xtra Jetstream - you don't need a separate phone line for the internet!

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:48:00 <Hunt M>
lucky i didnt go down....those low profile 195'rs would've been lots of
fun....hehehe

I think if he had traction then he would of killed me

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:31:23 +1200
>
>he didnt kill you cos you arent a v8.....if you were a v8 you wouldn't have
>a hope in hell.... LOL

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:51:00 <john shannon>

just think you and v8 killer ha

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:43:40 +1200
>
>lucky i didnt go down....those low profile 195'rs would've been lots of
>fun....hehehe

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:57:00 <Hunt M>
??? what about me and v8 killa??

>lucky i didnt go down....those low profile 195'rs would've been lots of
>fun....hehehe

----
Download MSN Messenger - add your friends! ---

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 22:59:00 <john shannon>

on the drag strip side by side

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)
>Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:52:41 +1200
>
>??? what about me and v8 killa??

Re: Bugger (CT-12A #2)   2003-07-27 23:08:00 <Hunt M>
side by sideways? lol