Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Upgrade   2003-09-08 09:14:00 <trembath@...>

Hi guys,

I have a Lexus AFM & 550cc injectors ready to go in my 7MGTE, but I want to
make sure the fuel/air ratio is going to be OK with a standard computer.

Is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator required to give some adjustment over
this, or will the standard computer handle it OK?

Cheers
Rob

Re: Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Upgrade   2003-09-08 09:16:00 <Cully Paterson>

> I have a Lexus AFM & 550cc injectors ready to go in my 7MGTE, but I want
> make sure the fuel/air ratio is going to be OK with a standard computer.
>
> Is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator required to give some adjustment
over
> this, or will the standard computer handle it OK?

Plug it in, that's all that required. With the stock AFM you'll get a
slightly lumpy idle and it probably won't want to idle at all for the first
few times you drive it, but otherwise it behaves fine and the A/Fs are AOK
everywhere.