other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 19:53:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>

um i also wanted to know a few things like..........

what is the actual maximum boost i can run on factory internals (nevermind
the turbo i'm replacing with a big booty :P) so with turbo out of mind what
can i run
Also what is the factory overall compression like 8.9.2 type thing, ahh u
know what i'm talking bout even if i don't lol

is boost cut and fuel cut the same thing or are they separate annoying
quirks? has anyone piggy backed their 7mgte and successfully gotten rid of
them, also any consequences for piggy backs?

err i think that's about all so far

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:13:00 <Hunt M>
Ok factory internals on a 7M have been known to get around 500hp (in USA) at
the wheels IF the head is torqued correctly.

Maximum boost depends on flow/fuel cut. People call the this boost cut but
this is NOT correct. It does not really have much to do with boost as it
runs off flow. There is a BIG difference!! Some days you will find 10PSI
will get you flow/fuel cut where-as other days you may find 15PSI is
capable. Its all due to the ambiant air temperature at the time which will
cause the air mass to be denser on a cold day and on a hotter day the
opposite where the air is "thinner".
From my knowledge the flow/fuel cut works on when the AFM flap is pushed
fully (or close to) open and hits a micro switch activating the cut. The air
FLOWING past the AFM is what makes the AFM flap move not boost as there is
no boost at the atmosphere side of the turbo.

Piggy back??.....*bang* (shoots suze in foot) DONT SAY THAT EVER AGAIN!!!
hahah
Reason I'm so mean is due to my theory above.....if the AFM is maxed out the
ECU is not going to be aware of any more air going into the engine and
therefore not going to provide any more fuel which in time will lean out and
then BANG (your engine this time not my gun ;-)

My 2cents

How close am I to the truth, anyone? ;-)

Cheers
Hunt M

> um i also wanted to know a few things like..........
>
> what is the actual maximum boost i can run on factory internals (nevermind
> the turbo i'm replacing with a big booty :P) so with turbo out of mind
what
> can i run
> Also what is the factory overall compression like 8.9.2 type thing, ahh u
> know what i'm talking bout even if i don't lol
>
> is boost cut and fuel cut the same thing or are they separate annoying
> quirks? has anyone piggy backed their 7mgte and successfully gotten rid of
> them, also any consequences for piggy backs?
>
> err i think that's about all so far

> Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
> http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:18:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
so working on ur theory hunt, would i be safe on 15psi

oh another thing

on the throttle body is the air mixture screw? correct?
if not what is it, where does it need to be adjusted etc and god please some
tell me how i can stop my car stopping and every gas station and demanding
petrol lol

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:20:00 <Hunt M>
NO!!!
I'm not saying your engine will be safe on any boost level
I'm saying in theory it should be but there is no way I'm going to say that
it is possible just to cover my ass!!

> so working on ur theory hunt, would i be safe on 15psi
>
> oh another thing
>
> on the throttle body is the air mixture screw? correct?
> if not what is it, where does it need to be adjusted etc and god please
some
> tell me how i can stop my car stopping and every gas station and demanding
> petrol lol

> Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
> http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:23:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
lmao

in the sense i wont destroy my internals lol
well i've read from various articles on the net (understandibly they'd vary)
that 14 is max and 15 is max then i've heard and spoken to a few others that
17 is max
what is max lol

ok 7mgte owners what max boost are you all running?

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:41:00 <Hunt M>
The CT26 will start to max out at around 14-15psi so anything above that you
are going to strain the turbo without much gain at all, or you will get gain
but the turbo will have to work 10times hard to got from 15-17psi as it
would from 10-12psi.

If the turbo is reco'd and prehaps upgraded to T04 compressor wheel etc you
should be looking at around 15 for the MAX power to strain ratio.
Altho I wouldn't recommend running standard i/c and intake pipes if your
going to run higher boost. There's no point running 15PSI when your intake
pipes etc are not flowing as much as they could or should. Imagine if it's
15psi at the engine what it is at the turbo, 18, 19 20, 21,22?????

> in the sense i wont destroy my internals lol
> well i've read from various articles on the net (understandibly they'd
vary)
> that 14 is max and 15 is max then i've heard and spoken to a few others
that
> 17 is max
> what is max lol
>
> ok 7mgte owners what max boost are you all running?

> Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
> http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:54:00 <Jonathan Walker>

Ok factory internals on a 7M have been known to get around 500hp (in USA) at
the wheels IF the head is torqued correctly.

500hp is very optimistic on a correctly torqued factory headgasket. If you aim for 500+, you do the work - METAL headgasket.

Maximum boost depends on flow/fuel cut. People call the this boost cut but
this is NOT correct. It does not really have much to do with boost as it
runs off flow. There is a BIG difference!!

Boost cut/fuel cut = same thing. People have different terms for different stuff. Your fuel will cut when the ecu can no longer reliably fuel the engine at a given level of boost. This will be very close to the maximum flow rate of your fuel injectors. Fuel cut is triggered when fuel flow approaches the maximum possible flow rate.

Some days you will find 10PSI
will get you flow/fuel cut where-as other days you may find 15PSI is
capable. Its all due to the ambiant air temperature at the time which will
cause the air mass to be denser on a cold day and on a hotter day the
opposite where the air is "thinner".

Simply caused by above, mass air pressure higher in cold temperatures due to relative density, blah blah blah.

From my knowledge the flow/fuel cut works on when the AFM flap is pushed
fully (or close to) open and hits a micro switch activating the cut. The air
FLOWING past the AFM is what makes the AFM flap move not boost as there is
no boost at the atmosphere side of the turbo.

I believe fuel cut is triggered by the ecu based on sensor calculations - I know it's not triggered by AFM aperature.

Piggy back??.....*bang* (shoots suze in foot) DONT SAY THAT EVER AGAIN!!!
hahah
Reason I'm so mean is due to my theory above.....if the AFM is maxed out the
ECU is not going to be aware of any more air going into the engine and
therefore not going to provide any more fuel which in time will lean out and
then BANG (your engine this time not my gun ;-)

You can piggy back your ECU to defeat the fuel cut, but only do this if you have provided a means for the EFI to fuel above the factory specifications. Failing to do so will result in a boost past your fuel cut and possible max flow, and serious detonation as soon as the engine runs insufficiently rich. This will either kill, or damage severely, the engine. Depending on what you're aiming for, you can either start again with the EFI using an aftermarket configurable ECU and LOTS of dyno time, or you can set your sights within reason and carry out the reg reimer lexus afm/550cc injector mod. Not sure exactly what boos you can run with this, but I hear it's sufficient.

How close am I to the truth, anyone? ;-)

closeish

From: "Suze *Spite Me*" <spite_girl@hotmail.com>

> what is the actual maximum boost i can run on factory internals (nevermind
> the turbo i'm replacing with a big booty :P) so with turbo out of mind

It doesn't sound like you've done an incredible amount of research on the subject...when you say big booty what do you mean? How much do you plan to get out of the engine? Have you studied flow maps and nutted out what you REALLY want to do with the engine? It's no good coming along and saying "I want to work the snot out of my 7M how do I beef it up?' when no one has any idea where you want to go. If you wanted to take it out and race group A styles everyone would say 'stainless oversized valves/forged pistons/nasty cams/crower rods/beefcake crank/motec efi' and if you just wanted something to smoke little boys at the lights I'd say leave everything standard, make sure youre motor is tight, and lexus afm and injector it with something a little sexier than a c26.

what
> can i run
> Also what is the factory overall compression like 8.9.2 type thing, ahh u
> know what i'm talking bout even if i don't lol

Once again, no point arguing about lowering compression if we don't know what you want to do with the engine. Do you plan to run 30PSI of boost? if so, start saving.

> is boost cut and fuel cut the same thing or are they separate annoying
> quirks? has anyone piggy backed their 7mgte and successfully gotten rid of
> them, also any consequences for piggy backs?

In addition:

The CT26 will start to max out at around 14-15psi so anything above that you
are going to strain the turbo without much gain at all, or you will get gain
but the turbo will have to work 10times hard to got from 15-17psi as it
would from 10-12psi

If she's thinking lowering compression, if for the right reason, then the ct26 will be on the junkpile.

If the turbo is reco'd and prehaps upgraded to T04 compressor wheel etc you
should be looking at around 15 for the MAX power to strain ratio.

Same comment about the junk pile applies - aT04 wheel aint working even a minute amount of mucus out of it.

Altho I wouldn't recommend running standard i/c and intake pipes if your
going to run higher boost. There's no point running 15PSI when your intake
pipes etc are not flowing as much as they could or should. Imagine if it's
15psi at the engine what it is at the turbo, 18, 19 20, 21,22?????

Standard 1G piping loss of 2PSI at 15PSI. 7M piping I imagine will be even better. Once again, if she's thinking of running *excessive* boost new intake pipes and chargecooler go without saying.

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 20:58:00 <Cully Paterson>

> Maximum boost depends on flow/fuel cut. People call the this boost cut but
> this is NOT correct. It does not really have much to do with boost as it
> runs off flow. There is a BIG difference!!

> From my knowledge the flow/fuel cut works on when the AFM flap is pushed
> fully (or close to) open and hits a micro switch activating the cut.

Oh jeez Hunt, you were doing so well there for a while!

The 7M doesn't have a flap AFM, therefore a tad difficult for it to operate
any microswitch (which also does not exist).

> Piggy back??.....*bang* (shoots suze in foot) DONT SAY THAT EVER AGAIN!!!

And why not??

> Reason I'm so mean is due to my theory above.....if the AFM is maxed out
the
> ECU is not going to be aware of any more air going into the engine and
> therefore not going to provide any more fuel which in time will lean out
and
> then BANG (your engine this time not my gun ;-)

Try to get your whole head in front of the barrel when you pull the trigger
next time Hunt ;-)

But seriously, you're confusing 'piggy back' with fuel cut defenser. These
are different items for the purposes of this discussion. MOST Supra after
market fuel systems (good or bad) are piggy back setups. That is they
modify the signals in/out of the ECU in order to raise fuel cut etc
(precisely because you cannot modify the PROM in the Toyota ECUs so you have
to resort to piggy-backing). A fuel cut defenser simply holds the air flow
signal at a pre-defined maximum once the AFM reaches that level (and yes
that is the one you should be shot in the foot for).

So to answer Suze's multitude of questions:
- Stock AFR on 7MGTEs is 8.4:1. This will be almost perfectly identical on
every cylinder as it's slightly important to the combustion process for it
to be so.
- I've run my 7M daily on 17psi. That isn't necessarily the maximum you can
expect out of a 7M, there are too many variables. I once had a brief flirt
with 25psi and it survived that, surprisingly.
- The screw on the throttle body is not mixture, it's baseline idle
adjustment. The only mixture adjustment you'll find on the car is the idle
bypass on the AFM.
- The only way to stop your car wanting so much petrol is to stop driving
it. It's a 3 Litre Turbo, get used to the idea.

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:03:00 <Hunt M>
> > Maximum boost depends on flow/fuel cut. People call the this boost cut
but
> > this is NOT correct. It does not really have much to do with boost as it
> > runs off flow. There is a BIG difference!!
>
> > From my knowledge the flow/fuel cut works on when the AFM flap is pushed
> > fully (or close to) open and hits a micro switch activating the cut.
>
> Oh jeez Hunt, you were doing so well there for a while!
>
> The 7M doesn't have a flap AFM, therefore a tad difficult for it to
operate
> any microswitch (which also does not exist).

Sorry I thought we were talking about REAL engines such as the 1G-GTE!!! lol

> > Piggy back??.....*bang* (shoots suze in foot) DONT SAY THAT EVER
AGAIN!!!

> And why not??
>
> > Reason I'm so mean is due to my theory above.....if the AFM is maxed out
> the
> > ECU is not going to be aware of any more air going into the engine and
> > therefore not going to provide any more fuel which in time will lean out
> and
> > then BANG (your engine this time not my gun ;-)
>
> Try to get your whole head in front of the barrel when you pull the
trigger
> next time Hunt ;-)

Show me how this is done dude!!! ;-)

Hunt
*waits for flames*

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:10:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
ok to add to some more multitude questions lol

where should the idle screw be set? if i closed it rite off and wound it
quickly b4 it stalled lol how many turns should i turn it to get it to
perfect supra idle?
how do i adjust the mixture on the afm? is it recommended? err before you
answer that obviously not but ahh actually i'll just leave it :P
Also i have a boost leak somewhere, any suggestions on finding it,
reasonably easy lol
Cully.. i can piggy back that fuel cut defender and my car will be fine?
I did a compression test on my car the other day i only did 4 chambers but i
got....
#1 - 149psi #2 - 152psi #3 - 153psi #4 = 153psi
is that normal or low or high or what lol, i looked in the tsrm and it says
normal standard is 142psi or higher, minimum 128psi

umm i think that's it again for now lol

Thanks

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:12:00 <Cully Paterson>

> > Try to get your whole head in front of the barrel when you pull the
> trigger next time Hunt ;-)
>
> Show me how this is done dude!!! ;-)

Bring me your head and a shotgun and I'll demonstrate ;)

You were however partly right about the fuel cut/afm. The 7M's fuel cut is
taken from a flow reading off the AFM - too much air passing through and
fuel cut is triggered. Other methods on other, ahem, lesser engines,
involve triggering microswitches (early 3SGTE MR2 I think?), or MAP sensor
readings.

Essentially however to go back to the original question about how much boost
you can run etc... There is no hard and fast rule. That's why turbo
engines like ours have knock sensors and fairly conservative engine
management, as what may be a safe maximum on one day may be out of the
ballpark the next. The best approach in just about all cases for trying to
push more power out of an engine is to get the intake charge temperature
down: bigger intercooler, more efficient (though not necessarily larger)
turbo and/or compressor choice, heat sheilding, and so on.

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:13:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
oi you lol
you know i have my shiny big intercooler ready :P it's probly going on next
week and err considering we sold intercoolers and fitted them i think i
realise i need bigger plumbing :P lmao sorry just had to mention that
the turbo can max out all it wants, i'm waiting for the impressive big burst
of smoke out the exhaust but i don't seem to have been successful yet lol
and i'm not t04ing :P

Need more speed? Get Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:16:00 <Hunt M>
> > > Try to get your whole head in front of the barrel when you pull the
> > trigger next time Hunt ;-)
> >
> > Show me how this is done dude!!! ;-)
>
> Bring me your head and a shotgun and I'll demonstrate ;)
>
> You were however partly right about the fuel cut/afm. The 7M's fuel cut
is
> taken from a flow reading off the AFM - too much air passing through and
> fuel cut is triggered. Other methods on other, ahem, lesser engines,
> involve triggering microswitches (early 3SGTE MR2 I think?), or MAP sensor
> readings.
>
> Essentially however to go back to the original question about how much
boost
> you can run etc... There is no hard and fast rule. That's why turbo
> engines like ours have knock sensors and fairly conservative engine
> management, as what may be a safe maximum on one day may be out of the
> ballpark the next. The best approach in just about all cases for trying
> push more power out of an engine is to get the intake charge temperature
> down: bigger intercooler, more efficient (though not necessarily larger)
> turbo and/or compressor choice, heat sheilding, and so on.

Well said, and just to add its all fine and dandy to get the air cold
(always a good thing to stop detonation) but you have to make sure you have
as you say heat sheilding and also larger intake pipes so you dont end up
straining the turbo as its trying to flow heaps of air through a straw!!

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:17:00 <Cully Paterson>

> where should the idle screw be set? if i closed it rite off and wound it
> quickly b4 it stalled lol how many turns should i turn it to get it to
> perfect supra idle?

Couldn't tell ya, never had to touch mine.

Oddly enough there seems to be a couple of different variations on the 7M
throttle body setup. The one I have is a different casting to just about
any other one I've seen. Some exclude the adjustment screw.

> how do i adjust the mixture on the afm? is it recommended? err before you
> answer that obviously not but ahh actually i'll just leave it :P

No point unless you're doing the Lexus AFM mod.

> Also i have a boost leak somewhere, any suggestions on finding it,

A hoist and a squirty-bottle of soapy water.

> Cully.. i can piggy back that fuel cut defender and my car will be fine?

Yeah yeah sure, but just be aware I'll be lurking around the corner to laugh
myself stupid when you blow your car up.

(Just to reinforce - Fuel Cut Defenser = Spawn of Satan).

> I did a compression test on my car the other day i only did 4 chambers but
> got....
> #1 - 149psi #2 - 152psi #3 - 153psi #4 = 153psi
> is that normal or low or high or what lol, i looked in the tsrm and it
says
> normal standard is 142psi or higher, minimum 128psi

Now that's different from what you previously asked. The compression test
shows what cylinder pressure is retained when you crank the engine - it's
essentially a test to show what condition your rings and bores are in (and
possibly head gasket if it's in a really bad way). Compression ratio is
purely a static volume measurement and will not change during the life of
the engine.

FYI those numbers are reasonably good and I wouldn't worry about the
variation. I am a little concerned though that you've seem to have
misplaced a couple of cylinders...

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:20:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
wow there's a little bit of information for me lol

i have lowered my compression with a 4mm carbon fibre head gasket (i will be
doing the metal one when i next blow something up lol), i'm not sure what it
is lowered to exactly but i'm sure it will be enuf for what i want to do.
The turbo i am putting on can handle 600hp i believe
i won't really be doing internals at this stage, i just want to do all
externals i can but of course within reason.
so with the fuel cut defender i need to find something that can alter what
the current computer delivers in fuel to keep up?
any suggestions on what to use?

k that's it for now again lol

Need more speed? Get Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:27:00 <Cully Paterson>

> so with the fuel cut defender i need to find something that can alter what
> the current computer delivers in fuel to keep up?

Cross purposes again.

A fuel cut defenSer will do nothing to alter the fueling, and that I know of
there is nothing else that you can bolt on extra that will then raise the
fueling. You need to find something that modifies the signals both in and
out of the ECU such as a Geddy e-Manage or HKS F-Con.

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:34:00 <Hunt M>
Stop with these blasphemic words!!!!

Hunt

> so with the fuel cut defender i need to find something that can alter what
> the current computer delivers in fuel to keep up?

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 21:38:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>

>From: "Cully Paterson" <cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: other 7mgte stuff :)
>Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:07:57 +1200
>

> > where should the idle screw be set? if i closed it rite off and wound it
> > quickly b4 it stalled lol how many turns should i turn it to get it to
> > perfect supra idle?
>
>Couldn't tell ya, never had to touch mine.

DAM lol

>Oddly enough there seems to be a couple of different variations on the 7M
>throttle body setup. The one I have is a different casting to just about
>any other one I've seen. Some exclude the adjustment screw.

WELL um have you got a pic or something of yours?

> > how do i adjust the mixture on the afm? is it recommended? err before
>you
> > answer that obviously not but ahh actually i'll just leave it :P
>
>No point unless you're doing the Lexus AFM mod.

OH k sweet

> > Also i have a boost leak somewhere, any suggestions on finding it,
>
>A hoist and a squirty-bottle of soapy water.

I Have this strange feeling that it is my intercooler plumbing going to the
turbo, the one underneath absolutely everything :( god i've ripped that part
of my engine apart so many times lol

> > Cully.. i can piggy back that fuel cut defender and my car will be fine?
>
>Yeah yeah sure, but just be aware I'll be lurking around the corner to
>laugh
>myself stupid when you blow your car up.
>
>(Just to reinforce - Fuel Cut Defenser = Spawn of Satan).

OH k, fuel cut defender = bad
so i have to sit on 10psi *sits and cries*

lol

> > I did a compression test on my car the other day i only did 4 chambers
>but
> > got....
> > #1 - 149psi #2 - 152psi #3 - 153psi #4 = 153psi
> > is that normal or low or high or what lol, i looked in the tsrm and it
>says
> > normal standard is 142psi or higher, minimum 128psi
>
>Now that's different from what you previously asked. The compression test
>shows what cylinder pressure is retained when you crank the engine - it's
>essentially a test to show what condition your rings and bores are in (and
>possibly head gasket if it's in a really bad way). Compression ratio is
>purely a static volume measurement and will not change during the life of
>the engine.
>
>FYI those numbers are reasonably good and I wouldn't worry about the
>variation. I am a little concerned though that you've seem to have
>misplaced a couple of cylinders...
>
>Cully
>
>LMAO err well we figured if the first 4 were like that the others would be
>pretty much the same lol, the reason i first even checked my compression
>was because i had a minor 5 cyliinder problem lol
turns out my coil leads seem to be rather unhappy so $116 later i will have
some pretty new ones :D
i managed to shite my ignitor pack too the other day :s replaced it, car
goes. sweet lol

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
Personals!

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 22:40:00 <Hunt M>
generally when pouring and soaking an igniter pack and leads with water wont
help their life span!! ;-)

Hunt

> turns out my coil leads seem to be rather unhappy so $116 later i will
have
> some pretty new ones :D
> i managed to shite my ignitor pack too the other day :s replaced it, car
> goes. sweet lol

> Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
> Personals!

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 22:45:00 <john shannon>

Hunt hows the car

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: other 7mgte stuff :)
>Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:41:12 +1200
>
>generally when pouring and soaking an igniter pack and leads with water wont
>help their life span!! ;-)
>
>Hunt
>

> > turns out my coil leads seem to be rather unhappy so $116 later i will
>have
> > some pretty new ones :D
> > i managed to shite my ignitor pack too the other day :s replaced it, car
> > goes. sweet lol
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Suze

> > Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
> > Personals!

With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone!

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 22:58:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
um i dunno bout 1g toys but err the igniter pack on 7m's is a little far
away from the coil pack :P
i only sprinkled i didn't waterblast my entire engine lmao

research the 7m's buddy :P

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 23:00:00 <Hunt M>
Going really good. Wound the boost up a bit more. It spikes to about 1.1bar
(15.9psi -ish) if im in a high gear and I give it some stick, but if I cain
it in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth and let it rev right out it will go to about
0.8bar (10-11psi-ish)
Is this normal?
I also noticed when I went drag racing about a month back I entered the
burnout comp and afterwards there was ALOT of oil that had pissed out of the
cheap bleed valve, is this normal? I also noticed that it is blowing some
but not HEAPS of oil out of it just from everyday driving (bare in mind I
dont drive like a nanna!!)

>generally when pouring and soaking an igniter pack and leads with water
wont
>help their life span!! ;-)
>
>Hunt
>

> > turns out my coil leads seem to be rather unhappy so $116 later i will
>have
> > some pretty new ones :D
> > i managed to shite my ignitor pack too the other day :s replaced it, car
> > goes. sweet lol
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Suze

> > Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
> > Personals!

----
With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone! ---

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 23:02:00 <Hunt M>
Why you paying $116 for a set of leads??? thats a bit pricey even with "all
your contacts"
Yeah I should start to research the 7M's so I know what to fix when yours
breaks down ;-)

> um i dunno bout 1g toys but err the igniter pack on 7m's is a little far
> away from the coil pack :P
> i only sprinkled i didn't waterblast my entire engine lmao
>
> research the 7m's buddy :P

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 23:06:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
well hunt i got the same one and mine doesn't bleed at all
so i dunno what's up with ur one :(
sowry

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: other 7mgte stuff :)   2003-09-28 23:06:00 <Hunt M>
but im not running 6-7 psi......