Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-29 10:53:00 <Ben N>
Hi,

I have a mkiv, one of my front shocks is stuffed... Are the factory
bilstiens rebuildable? Or is new/second hand the only way?

Thanks,
Ben.

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-29 22:36:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
just to add to this are the factory tems rebuildable?
i can get new ones for $200 from toyota but would prefer a cheaper option
lol

>From: "Ben N" <Supra@sideways.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:53:02 +1200
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a mkiv, one of my front shocks is stuffed... Are the factory
>bilstiens rebuildable? Or is new/second hand the only way?
>
>Thanks,
>Ben.

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 01:22:00 <Stuart>
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:35, you wrote:
> just to add to this are the factory tems rebuildable?
> i can get new ones for $200 from toyota but would prefer a cheaper option

200 is a very cheap price for a tems shock.

they are rumoured to be un-rebuildable, but I've cut one ap[part and can see
no reason why not assuming you could find someone capable of threading and
re-assembling them, as they are not designed to come apart from new (but then
again neither are rebuildable koni's until they get their first service..)

all that wears out is a single sealing 'washer' around the piston, otherwise
they look internally like they would last a LONG time.

Stuart W.

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 08:19:00 <Ben N>

$200 is indeed cheap. I priced up the bilstiens from toyota (std on the
mkiv TT I believe) at $750+GST ex japan EACH!!

I have since had a price of $250+GST to rebuild them - Autolign in
Newmarket.

Thanks,
Ben.

> just to add to this are the factory tems rebuildable?
> i can get new ones for $200 from toyota but would prefer a cheaper
> option
> lol

> >From: "Ben N" <Supra@sideways.co.nz>
> >Subject: [sconz] Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
> >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:53:02 +1200
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a mkiv, one of my front shocks is stuffed... Are the factory
> >bilstiens rebuildable? Or is new/second hand the only way?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ben.
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
> http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 08:22:00 <Doig, Richard>
Manurewa Toyota had some Mk IV Bilsteins a couple of years back FYI. I
don't know what the MkIV has stock but these ones were yellow bodied and
fully rebuildable (as opposed to MR2 Bilsteins which are sealed struts made
by Bilstein).

Richard

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 08:31:00 <Ben N>
Yeah, on the car mine are the yellow units labelled Toyota/Bilstien and
yes, I'm told they are fully rebuildable as quoted for $250. *phew*!

Cheers,
Ben.

> Manurewa Toyota had some Mk IV Bilsteins a couple of years back FYI. I
> don't know what the MkIV has stock but these ones were yellow bodied
> and
> fully rebuildable (as opposed to MR2 Bilsteins which are sealed struts
> made
> by Bilstein).
>
> Richard

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 21:10:00 <john shannon>

Ben how many bilstiens shocks do you want front or back i have got the lot.

>From: "Ben N"
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:18:52 +1200
>
>$200 is indeed cheap. I priced up the bilstiens from toyota (std on the
>mkiv TT I believe) at $750+GST ex japan EACH!!
>
>I have since had a price of $250+GST to rebuild them - Autolign in
>Newmarket.
>
>Thanks,
>Ben.

With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone!

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 21:12:00 <Hunt M>
i want them ;-)

Ben how many bilstiens shocks do you want front or back i have got the lot.

>From: "Ben N"
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:18:52 +1200
>
>$200 is indeed cheap. I priced up the bilstiens from toyota (std on the
>mkiv TT I believe) at $750+GST ex japan EACH!!
>
>I have since had a price of $250+GST to rebuild them - Autolign in
>Newmarket.
>
>Thanks,
>Ben.

----
With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone! ---

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 21:17:00 <john shannon>

dont think your car will handle bilstiens you will shake your car to bits

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:13:17 +1200
>
>i want them ;-)

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 21:25:00 <Hunt M>
hahah this is true.....but it might stop with the jumping around on the
motorway

dont think your car will handle bilstiens you will shake your car to bits

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:13:17 +1200
>
>i want them ;-)

Re: Factory Shocks Rebuildable?   2003-09-30 22:28:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Jumping around? Haha if I know wat you're talking about..I have trouble keeping the arse of the car on the ground in 2nd on any slightly uneven surface :)