Re: Autos   2003-10-28 21:54:00 <john shannon>

Do eny one now the difference between the mk4 auto and the mk3 auto are thay the same and can i use the mk4 auto with my 1jz computer,

>Subject: [sconz] Re: Q for the Torsen folks
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:20:59 +1300
>
>well you know how an lsd is meant to behave 1 wheel one way 1 the
>other catch up etc stuff
>and you know how a torsen is meant to behave 2 wheels driving etc
>
>well my pretty little lsd has decided to become a torsen lol
>someone..... (john) must have given it a complex lmao :P
>
>Cheers
>
>Suze
>

>>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>>Subject: [sconz] Re: Q for the Torsen folks
>>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:13:39 +1300
>>
>>explain what you're talking about dear

Gaming galore at XtraMSN Gaming!

Re: Autos   2003-10-28 23:42:00 <Stuart>
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:53, you wrote:
> <P>Do eny one now the difference between the mk4 auto and the mk3 auto are
> thay the same and can i use the mk4 auto with my 1jz
> computer,<BR><BR></P></DIV> <DIV></DIV> <SPITE_GIRL@HOTMAIL.COM>

internally the clutches are a little different, as are a couple of the other
components - basically the JZA70 auto is about 1/2 way between the JZA80 and
the MA70 in basic strength, although it's much harder to find than either, it
would seem.

Electrically I'm sorry I could not really tell you, but I quite strongly
suspect they are compatible.

The major reason the JZA autos last better than the MA autos is that the
engine ECU limits engine torque during gear change, hence the strange popping
almost backfires they make during full power changes - that's the computer
dropping power in the engine through large retard to help the auto live
longer.

Regards,
Stuart W.

Re: Autos   2003-10-28 23:45:00 <Hunt M>
almost sounds like its drowning hahah

> > <P>Do eny one now the difference between the mk4 auto and the mk3 auto
are
> > thay the same and can i use the mk4 auto with my 1jz
> > computer,<BR><BR></P></DIV> <DIV></DIV> <SPITE_GIRL@HOTMAIL.COM>
>
> internally the clutches are a little different, as are a couple of the
other
> components - basically the JZA70 auto is about 1/2 way between the JZA80
and
> the MA70 in basic strength, although it's much harder to find than either,
it
> would seem.
>
> Electrically I'm sorry I could not really tell you, but I quite strongly
> suspect they are compatible.
>
> The major reason the JZA autos last better than the MA autos is that the
> engine ECU limits engine torque during gear change, hence the strange
popping
> almost backfires they make during full power changes - that's the computer
> dropping power in the engine through large retard to help the auto live
> longer.
>
> Regards,
> Stuart W.

Re: Autos   2003-10-29 15:12:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Definately noticed that caning the auto jz. However even the limited torque kicks ya behind going into 3rd, even 4th. Makes me want an auto again. Might need to buy an auto supra so I can have a choice. Can't beat the fun of driving a manual but when it comes to smack down nutsack ripping shifts you cant beat the turbo auto (1G tt autos need not apply, dismal, really!). One thing that gets me though, is the shift pattern of the TCCS autos. Not only (in the cars I've driven) did I find it to be (sometimes) erratic. Is the gearshift goverend solely by engine RPM? If so, how does the setup allow the driver to drive past the redline, and in this situation, how does the computer prevent over revving? The obvious motive behind these questions is, what say I want to give it 6 grand at full throttle, no more, and I want it to shift without backing off? In the non tccs auto I had to back it off to get it to shift otherwise it would just ring out.
Regards,
Jonathan

The major reason the JZA autos last better than the MA autos is that the
engine ECU limits engine torque during gear change, hence the strange popping
almost backfires they make during full power changes - that's the computer

Re: Autos   2003-10-30 10:00:00 <john shannon>

4 auto trans later i now have an original 1jz auto so i don't need one now :)

>From: Stuart
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Autos
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:39:21 +1300
>
>On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:53, you wrote:

Do eny one now the difference between the mk4 auto and the mk3 auto are

> > thay the same and can i use the mk4 auto with my 1jz
> > computer,

>internally the clutches are a little different, as are a couple of the other
>components - basically the JZA70 auto is about 1/2 way between the JZA80 and
>the MA70 in basic strength, although it's much harder to find than either, it
>would seem.
>
>Electrically I'm sorry I could not really tell you, but I quite strongly
>suspect they are compatible.
>
>The major reason the JZA autos last better than the MA autos is that the
>engine ECU limits engine torque during gear change, hence the strange popping
>almost backfires they make during full power changes - that's the computer
>dropping power in the engine through large retard to help the auto live
>longer.
>
>Regards,
>Stuart W.

Gaming galore at XtraMSN Gaming!

Re: Autos   2003-10-30 10:01:00 <john shannon>

4 auto trans later i now have an original 1jz auto so i don't need one now :) it's in and all running

>From: Stuart
>Subject: [sconz] Re: Autos
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:39:21 +1300
>
>On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:53, you wrote:

Do eny one now the difference between the mk4 auto and the mk3 auto are

> > thay the same and can i use the mk4 auto with my 1jz
> > computer,

>internally the clutches are a little different, as are a couple of the other
>components - basically the JZA70 auto is about 1/2 way between the JZA80 and
>the MA70 in basic strength, although it's much harder to find than either, it
>would seem.
>
>Electrically I'm sorry I could not really tell you, but I quite strongly
>suspect they are compatible.
>
>The major reason the JZA autos last better than the MA autos is that the
>engine ECU limits engine torque during gear change, hence the strange popping
>almost backfires they make during full power changes - that's the computer
>dropping power in the engine through large retard to help the auto live
>longer.
>
>Regards,
>Stuart W.

With Xtra Jetstream - you don't need a separate phone line for the internet!