Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-29 18:27:00 <brestu97@...>
Hi all,

im after a few little things that no places seem to have!!

* 5M flywheel bolts for 7M block (not sure if they are universal)
* W5* bellhousing bolts for 7M block

anybody have these, know of where i could get em, or part numbers??
will any bolts from the auto setup be usable??

anybody had good/bad experiences with clutches?

i need something to handle 300hp under $500. probably lookin at goin 1g-gte super h/d with a BIG clamp force, and drill to fit to 5M flywheel

any ideas??

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-29 18:35:00 <Doig, Richard>

> * 5M flywheel bolts for 7M block (not sure if they are universal)

New flywheel bolts are always a good idea, having had to pull my gearbox
once for broken flywheel bolts. Sounds like you want 7M-GE bolts.

> * W5* bellhousing bolts for 7M block

Once again 7M-GE bolts.

> i need something to handle 300hp under $500. probably lookin
> at goin 1g-gte super h/d with a BIG clamp force, and drill to
> fit to 5M flywheel

Sounds shonky. What is being fitted here?

7M to a W5X using a 5M flywheel? Is the 5M flywheel the same as the 7M-GE
flywheel? Why not use a 7M-GE clutch? 1G-GTE doesn't even fit into this
equation.

Richard

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-29 19:44:00 <Hunt M>
Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
mine for $250 incl GST
It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has been
redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street as
a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

> > * 5M flywheel bolts for 7M block (not sure if they are universal)
>
> New flywheel bolts are always a good idea, having had to pull my gearbox
> once for broken flywheel bolts. Sounds like you want 7M-GE bolts.
>
> > * W5* bellhousing bolts for 7M block
>
> Once again 7M-GE bolts.
>
> > i need something to handle 300hp under $500. probably lookin
> > at goin 1g-gte super h/d with a BIG clamp force, and drill to
> > fit to 5M flywheel
>
> Sounds shonky. What is being fitted here?
>
> 7M to a W5X using a 5M flywheel? Is the 5M flywheel the same as the 7M-GE
> flywheel? Why not use a 7M-GE clutch? 1G-GTE doesn't even fit into this
> equation.
>
> Richard

> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
> For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
> at http://www.airnewzealand.com

Re: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 09:24:00 <Parts Imports>
Have the flywheel bolts here
bellhosing bolts need a sample of original and bell length 17mm head but how
long you need ??

Jason

> im after a few little things that no places seem to have!!
>
> * 5M flywheel bolts for 7M block (not sure if they are universal)
> * W5* bellhousing bolts for 7M block
>
> anybody have these, know of where i could get em, or part numbers??
> will any bolts from the auto setup be usable??
>

> anybody had good/bad experiences with clutches?
>
> i need something to handle 300hp under $500. probably lookin at goin
1g-gte super h/d with a BIG clamp force, and drill to fit to 5M flywheel

> any ideas??

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 21:46:00 <brestu97@...>
What kinda power you got hunt??
do u know if they can make it any more than 1770lbs?
and was $250 all of that done??
seems too cheap to be true if it is?
release bearing + clutch plate + pressure plate?

the one im lookin at getting is pretty mean, up to 3000lbs pressure plate (which seems awfully high!!) something like 40% stronger than standarg 1g-gte

**************************************
Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
mine for $250 incl GST
It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has been
redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street as
a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 21:56:00 <Hunt M>
I dunno what power i am at the moment but i got 124kw at the wheels at 6psi
doing a 15.3 1/4 mile and are running 12-14psi at the moment and it has ALOT
more power and have yet to have it slip, other than on my command ;-)
Put it this way i can cruise along at 10-15kmph in the dry rev her up and
dump into 2nd and just drift drift drift away with alot of smoke all the way
through 2nd gear.....with NO slippage of the clutch.
I think 1770 was about the max that they could do. Member I only have a full
face standard clutch plate, so would be even better with a paddle clutch or
similar......
My dad managed to get it through the guys and it was a small discount of
what it is really worth but not too much different but will speak to him
tomorrow about it
3000lbs is about 300% not 40%!!! hahaha

> do u know if they can make it any more than 1770lbs?
> and was $250 all of that done??
> seems too cheap to be true if it is?
> release bearing + clutch plate + pressure plate?
>
> the one im lookin at getting is pretty mean, up to 3000lbs pressure plate
(which seems awfully high!!) something like 40% stronger than standarg
1g-gte

> **************************************
> Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
> mine for $250 incl GST
> It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has
been
> redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
> doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street
as
> a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 22:04:00 <Hunt M>
oh i got the thrust bearing from trade parts i think for around $13 so
bugger all....
oh and its a push type standard clutch not a pull type like the 7m

> do u know if they can make it any more than 1770lbs?
> and was $250 all of that done??
> seems too cheap to be true if it is?
> release bearing + clutch plate + pressure plate?
>
> the one im lookin at getting is pretty mean, up to 3000lbs pressure plate
(which seems awfully high!!) something like 40% stronger than standarg
1g-gte

> **************************************
> Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
> mine for $250 incl GST
> It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has
been
> redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
> doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street
as
> a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 22:15:00 <Jonathan Walker>
If youre getting a butch pressure plate seriously consider a paddle type disc or metal facing disc as the standard organic disc will crack if you give any degree of stick.
Rehgards,
Jonathan
do u know if they can make it any more than 1770lbs?
and was $250 all of that done??
seems too cheap to be true if it is?
release bearing + clutch plate + pressure plate?

the one im lookin at getting is pretty mean, up to 3000lbs pressure plate (which seems awfully high!!) something like 40% stronger than standarg 1g-gte

**************************************
Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
mine for $250 incl GST
It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has been
redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street as
a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 23:11:00 <Hunt M>
Agreed totally!!
It would pay to look into getting a standard pressure plate modified and a
kevlar plate or similar

do u know if they can make it any more than 1770lbs?
and was $250 all of that done??
seems too cheap to be true if it is?
release bearing + clutch plate + pressure plate?

the one im lookin at getting is pretty mean, up to 3000lbs pressure plate
(which seems awfully high!!) something like 40% stronger than standarg
1g-gte

**************************************
Prolly not quite what you are looking for but the guys at auto clutch did
mine for $250 incl GST
It is a standard new 1G-GTE clutch plate but the new pressure plate has
been
redone from 1100lbs (standard) to 1770lbs and is really nice and soft yet
doesnt slip even after quite a few very very hard launches on the street
as
a test still doesnt slip and its about a year old now *touch wood* ;-)

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-30 23:14:00 <john shannon>

helps to get your engine first hunt :P

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] RE: Bolts + Clutches
>Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:13:15 +1300
>
>Agreed totally!!
>It would pay to look into getting a standard pressure plate modified and a
>kevlar plate or similar

Download MSN Messenger - talk to family and friends overseas!

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-31 01:50:00 <Hunt M>
About that. Have arranged for a mates car/4wd and will hire a trailor on saturday.....you going to be at workshop? Or free for lifting? Anyone else feeling strong to lift an engine and gearbox together on saturday? ;-)

>It would pay to look into getting a standard pressure plate modified and a
>kevlar plate or similar

RE: Bolts + Clutches   2003-10-31 19:00:00 <Rob M>
3000lb pressure plat would be more than enough for anything a 1g could throw
at it. Hunts @ 1770lbs doesn't slip & he's probably a low 14 high/13sec car.
Rob M.