suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 12:30:00 <prisoner45@...>
Sorry to those who dont know whats going on. But surely there is someone on this forum that does know whats happening, or at least has some rough idea of whats going to happen.

Last suprafest was in feb, is this going to be the plan for next year? If so its less than 4 months away.

What is going to happen? Drags, grasskahna etc?

Any information will be most helpful, so i can let fellow supra owners know whats going on.

If its not going to happen please tell us.

cheers

RE: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 14:52:00 <Linton, David>
I phoned Andy today and as far as he is concerned, SupraFest 2004 will
be going ahead over Waitangi weekend (Feb 6th, 7th and 8th).

It is planned to have a drag day at Meremere on Feb 6th and invite the
members of Toyspeed to bolster the numbers. If we can get 80 cars, we
would be charging $25 per car and run the "full" timing system. This
would be manned by the dragstrip staff and we could run a proper class
and knockout round system.

Andy has also arranged for a dyno day once again at Torque Performance
in Avondale and I think this was for Saturday at the same cost as last
time. But don't quote me yet.

As for a grasskhana, I believe Stu Cameron from Toyperformance was in
the throes of organising a sealed area rather than grass. Stu would be
able to fill in the blanks as details come to hand.

There's also the trophy winners from last year to contact Andy for the
return of the trophys for this coming event.

Is this enough to start with??? If you'd like more, email me off-list
and I'll pass on what I can.

Regards
David

PS - hope to see everyone from last year again.

Sorry to those who dont know whats going on. But surely there is someone on this forum that does know whats happening, or at least has some rough idea of whats going to happen.

Last suprafest was in feb, is this going to be the plan for next year? If so its less than 4 months away.

What is going to happen? Drags, grasskahna etc?

Any information will be most helpful, so i can let fellow supra owners know whats going on.

If its not going to happen please tell us.

cheers

re: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 15:05:00 <prisoner45@...>
cheers david

Sounds good.
I will talk to nick soon about this event. Some of you will remember his black ma61 with the v8.
Once there is confirmation on dates etc, ill start letting people know.
As for toyspeed invite to the drags, let me know and i can inform them if you like, as i am in contact with alot of the guys in toyspeed most of the time anyway.

cheers

RE: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 15:32:00 <Hunt M>
How about the MKIV guys? Will they be coming along?
80 cars is a hell of alot!!
How many were there at Meremere last time?
Feb aye!! hrrrmmmmm hope to have engine in the car and run in and ready to
go for then!! Bring on no traction!! haha
A "full" timing system? As aposed to a half timing system??

Cheers for all that!

> I phoned Andy today and as far as he is concerned, SupraFest 2004 will
> be going ahead over Waitangi weekend (Feb 6th, 7th and 8th).
>
> It is planned to have a drag day at Meremere on Feb 6th and invite the
> members of Toyspeed to bolster the numbers. If we can get 80 cars, we
> would be charging $25 per car and run the "full" timing system. This
> would be manned by the dragstrip staff and we could run a proper class
> and knockout round system.
>
> Andy has also arranged for a dyno day once again at Torque Performance
> in Avondale and I think this was for Saturday at the same cost as last
> time. But don't quote me yet.
>
> As for a grasskhana, I believe Stu Cameron from Toyperformance was in
> the throes of organising a sealed area rather than grass. Stu would be
> able to fill in the blanks as details come to hand.
>
> There's also the trophy winners from last year to contact Andy for the
> return of the trophys for this coming event.
>
> Is this enough to start with??? If you'd like more, email me off-list
> and I'll pass on what I can.
>
> Regards
> David
>
> PS - hope to see everyone from last year again.

RE: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 15:47:00 <Linton, David>
Hunt (and others),

I'm hoping Kevin Boyd gets this list's posts as well and will
pass it on to the Mk IV guys also.
Last year, we had about 30 cars at the strip and we ran the
"cheaper" paper based system with less lights and features.
With a "full" system, you get reaction times, 60 foot times,
etc and it's all printed out for you.

I've just spoken with Matt and he's putting a post on the
Toyspeed website this afternoon.

Cully, are you near a (desk) phone?
David

How about the MKIV guys? Will they be coming along?
80 cars is a hell of alot!!
How many were there at Meremere last time?
Feb aye!! hrrrmmmmm hope to have engine in the car and run in and ready to
go for then!! Bring on no traction!! haha
A "full" timing system? As aposed to a half timing system??

Cheers for all that!

re: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 18:20:00 <prisoner45@...>
i have put posts up on http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz and toyperformance.

Will post up on nzpc and club sub, soon if we still need to.
But probably will need to invite other clubs to get 80cars.

cheers

re: suprafest.... again   2003-11-06 18:50:00 <Hunt M>
yeah 80 cars is a heck of alot if we only managed about 30 last suprafest!!