RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 17:34:00 <Kevin Boyd>
John,

I don't think there is any need for an open class as Supras are high powered sportcars and going fast is what Supras are about, so why should we start discriminating against the quick ones? Having an open class because of NOS powered cars is not a good reason. There is currently only one car with NOS and that's Justins mkiv Supra (NITRO) and the two other fastest mkiv's owners (Graeme and myself) don't have any problem running against Justins car with NOS. I don't think we should discriminate against a NOS powered car just because it has two power adders (NOS and turbo). I-Drag went down this path at one stage and then realized that it was very discriminating and pointless as a bigger turbo car can make more power then a stock turbo car with NOS anyway. Once they realized this, they changed their rules to allow NOS cars to run in the same category as the non NOS cars. Both Graeme and myself will have big turbo powered mkiv's at Suprafest and both them will be easily capable of being quicker then Justins car no matter how much NOS he can run as he would end up blowing his engine up if he runs more then 150hp NOS. Others may be thinking of using NOS as well but that shouldn't matter either as a bigger turbo can make the car as quick or quicker anyway.

To keep things simple, I also don't think there is any reason to have a modified class. For the trophies though, I think its fair that these cars should run an engine that was available from the factory for that car. Those Supras with different Supra engines than factory are still eligible for the engine type certificates, so they also have a reason to compete.

By not running either open or modified classes, it keeps everything much simpler and you then don't get lots of problems of deciding who should have been running in which class.

cheers
Kevin

Subject: classes for suprafest 04 drag day
From: "John Rosser" <the_fallen303@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:11:27 +1300

------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C3B21F.80F75910

ok guys, the layout for the classes has been sorted into the following. =
we believe that this is the fairest way to run the classes, as it gives =
everyone a more equal chance of winning

MK2 Supra stock=20
...............mk2 sub classes=20

MK3 Supra stock=20
...............mk3 sub classes=20

Sub classes in mk2 & 3 are to cover the motor variants in these models =
and may be mixed with other classes with handicaps as required=20

MK4 Supra stock=20
...............n/a & turbo=20

Open and Modded Supra=20

Non Supra=20
...............straight Elimination class=20

DYO=20

the breakdown between stock, open and modified is as follows.
you can enter the "stock" classes to run for the trophies for the three =
"marks" of supra as long as the engine code that is stamped on the =
firewall matches that which is in the car. i.e. 7m-ge will be run in the =
mk3 n/a 7m subclass the 1jz-gte's will be run in the mk3 turbo 1jz =
subclass. due to every supra being different in different ways, the =
turbo on the turbo'd supras is free from the modifying rule. anything =
else can be modified, as long as the motor and form of induction remains =
the same. i.e., cully's supra is still a 7m-gte, but with a different =
turbo, this will not affect his chance of getting into the "stock" =
classes. we had to do it this way as there was just too many variants, =
and this was the simplest way to work out the classes.

open is a choosable option, if you want to compete against the =
"modified" supras. this option is however, not valid for the "mark" of =
supra trophies, but it will be available to compete for the "open" =
trophy

modified is basically anything with a motor that did not come with that =
car.=20

the use of NOS is only allowed in open and modified classes. if used in =
a "stock" class race, the driver will be given one warning, then =
disqualified from receiving any awards. they may still however, compete =
in the rest of the day.

some of these classes will most likely have to be fine tuned on the day, =
as there is now way to confirm what exactly is going to turn up on the =
day.

there are going to be certificates for the fastest of each motor class =
regardless of body. certificates for all that make it into the final =
elimination round to decide "top supra of the day". the trophies are to =
be for the top of each primary class, (mk2, mk3, mk4) the winner of the =
open class, and the winner of the final elimination round. there will =
also be a certificate for the winner of the "non supra" class.

Thanks

John Rosser

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:11:00 <John Rosser>
kevin, i was in no way descriminating against the higher power supras, and
if it came across that way, i apologise. what i was aiming for was a way
that the smaller hoursepower supras would have just as much chance of
winning the day as the bigger ones.

in regards to the running of nos, seen as you and graeme are the ones
running against him, and feel that it doesn't matter, then that note will be
removed. nos will be allowed on all occasions, unless any of the other
drivers have anything against this. speak up guys, do you mind either way
about running against a car that is using nos?

the open class is there for people that want to compete for a trophy other
than the model related ones. it is basically free for all with the stock
supras. as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
in the open class.

modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation needed
for that one.

the classes are only going to be used for the actual racing. the classes
will not apply for practice, qualifying, or grudge matches at the end of the
day. during those three, anyone can race anyone, regardless of car used.

about keeping it simple, it's not your concern, all you have to do is turn
up and race when your called. the problems have already been noted, and
difficulties fine tuned.

thanks,

john rosser

From: "John Rosser" <the_fallen303@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:11:27 +1300

[...]

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:18:00 <john shannon>

Hi John look i having to put nos in as well with the 2 k26s becouse my car is auto need the nos to get the turbos going.

>From: "John Rosser"
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:11:06 +1300
>
>kevin, i was in no way descriminating against the higher power supras, and
>if it came across that way, i apologise. what i was aiming for was a way
>that the smaller hoursepower supras would have just as much chance of
>winning the day as the bigger ones.
>
>in regards to the running of nos, seen as you and graeme are the ones
>running against him, and feel that it doesn't matter, then that note will be
>removed. nos will be allowed on all occasions, unless any of the other
>drivers have anything against this. speak up guys, do you mind either way
>about running against a car that is using nos?
>
>the open class is there for people that want to compete for a trophy other
>than the model related ones. it is basically free for all with the stock
>supras. as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
>in the open class.
>
>modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation needed
>for that one.
>
>the classes are only going to be used for the actual racing. the classes
>will not apply for practice, qualifying, or grudge matches at the end of the
>day. during those three, anyone can race anyone, regardless of car used.
>
>about keeping it simple, it's not your concern, all you have to do is turn
>up and race when your called. the problems have already been noted, and
>difficulties fine tuned.
>
>thanks,
>
>john rosser

Download MSN Messenger - add your friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:21:00 <Hunt M>
no you wont
4,000 stall converter will do you just fine ;-)
just dont try to cruise up queen street with it hahah

Hi John look i having to put nos in as well with the 2 k26s becouse my car
is auto need the nos to get the turbos going.

>From: "John Rosser"
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:11:06 +1300
>
>kevin, i was in no way descriminating against the higher power supras, and
>if it came across that way, i apologise. what i was aiming for was a way
>that the smaller hoursepower supras would have just as much chance of
>winning the day as the bigger ones.
>
>in regards to the running of nos, seen as you and graeme are the ones
>running against him, and feel that it doesn't matter, then that note will
be
>removed. nos will be allowed on all occasions, unless any of the other
>drivers have anything against this. speak up guys, do you mind either way
>about running against a car that is using nos?
>
>the open class is there for people that want to compete for a trophy other
>than the model related ones. it is basically free for all with the stock
>supras. as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
>in the open class.
>
>modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation needed
>for that one.
>
>the classes are only going to be used for the actual racing. the classes
>will not apply for practice, qualifying, or grudge matches at the end of
the
>day. during those three, anyone can race anyone, regardless of car used.
>
>about keeping it simple, it's not your concern, all you have to do is turn
>up and race when your called. the problems have already been noted, and
>difficulties fine tuned.
>
>thanks,
>
>john rosser

----
Download MSN Messenger - add your friends! ---

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:21:00 <John Rosser>
so do you want nos able to be used?

Hi John look i having to put nos in as well with the 2 k26s becouse my car is auto need the nos to get the turbos going.

>From: "John Rosser"
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:11:06 +1300
>
>kevin, i was in no way descriminating against the higher power supras, and
>if it came across that way, i apologise. what i was aiming for was a way
>that the smaller hoursepower supras would have just as much chance of
>winning the day as the bigger ones.
>
>in regards to the running of nos, seen as you and graeme are the ones
>running against him, and feel that it doesn't matter, then that note will be
>removed. nos will be allowed on all occasions, unless any of the other
>drivers have anything against this. speak up guys, do you mind either way
>about running against a car that is using nos?
>
>the open class is there for people that want to compete for a trophy other
>than the model related ones. it is basically free for all with the stock
>supras. as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
>in the open class.
>
>modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation needed
>for that one.
>
>the classes are only going to be used for the actual racing. the classes
>will not apply for practice, qualifying, or grudge matches at the end of the
>day. during those three, anyone can race anyone, regardless of car used.
>
>about keeping it simple, it's not your concern, all you have to do is turn
>up and race when your called. the problems have already been noted, and
>difficulties fine tuned.
>
>thanks,
>
>john rosser

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:29:00 <Adrian Maka>
as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
> in the open class.
>
> modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation needed
> for that one.

Thats a bit weird... so whjat exactly determines a 'stock supra'?

coz clearly as little as a filter, exhaust or even a bleed valve would put
you into a higher class :/

Although i agree a 'stock' class would be great, it just has t be made
clear what is determines a 'stock' supra..

If im one of two JZA70's there i might have to go stock to win something
so im not going against john(?) unless i will be in the MKIII class? :o

Laters

Adrian
1992 JZA70

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:35:00 <John Rosser>
the description of stock was outlined in the first e-mail. the reason we had
to do it only by going by engine type and sort of induction (ie turbo or
not) was that otherwise going by any sort of mod would put almost every
supra into modified.

john

> as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
> > in the open class.
> >
> > modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation
needed
> > for that one.
>
> Thats a bit weird... so whjat exactly determines a 'stock supra'?
>
> coz clearly as little as a filter, exhaust or even a bleed valve would put
> you into a higher class :/
>
> Although i agree a 'stock' class would be great, it just has t be made
> clear what is determines a 'stock' supra..
>
> If im one of two JZA70's there i might have to go stock to win something
> so im not going against john(?) unless i will be in the MKIII class? :o
>
> Laters
>
> Adrian
> 1992 JZA70

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:36:00 <Hunt M>
wider tires
different mags
shorter diff ratio

the list could go on and on and on and is silly to have a stock supra
class..........

> as long as your car meets the stock criteria, then you can compete
> > in the open class.
> >
> > modified class is there for an obvious reason. no more explanation
needed
> > for that one.
>
> Thats a bit weird... so whjat exactly determines a 'stock supra'?
>
> coz clearly as little as a filter, exhaust or even a bleed valve would put
> you into a higher class :/
>
> Although i agree a 'stock' class would be great, it just has t be made
> clear what is determines a 'stock' supra..
>
> If im one of two JZA70's there i might have to go stock to win something
> so im not going against john(?) unless i will be in the MKIII class? :o
>
> Laters
>
> Adrian
> 1992 JZA70

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:39:00 <John Rosser>
hence why we had to narrow it down to the motor and the general body it came
in as to how you define stock.

> the list could go on and on and on and is silly to have a stock supra
> class..........

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:40:00 <Stuart Cameron>
John has set up everything to cover all types, models, etc so how about we
leave it to him and concetrate on geting more supra's there be they 1gge
powered or fast mk4's whatever.......

Stu

>From: "John Rosser" <the_fallen303@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:34:38 +1300
>
>the description of stock was outlined in the first e-mail. the reason we
>had
>to do it only by going by engine type and sort of induction (ie turbo or
>not) was that otherwise going by any sort of mod would put almost every
>supra into modified.
>
>john

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 19:50:00 <Hunt M>
its interesting how you automatically class the mkiii's as slow and the
mkiii's as fast...... ;-)

> John has set up everything to cover all types, models, etc so how about we
> leave it to him and concetrate on geting more supra's there be they 1gge
> powered or fast mk4's whatever.......
>

> Stu
>

> >From: "John Rosser" <the_fallen303@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:34:38 +1300
> >
> >the description of stock was outlined in the first e-mail. the reason we
> >had
> >to do it only by going by engine type and sort of induction (ie turbo or
> >not) was that otherwise going by any sort of mod would put almost every
> >supra into modified.
> >
> >john

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-26 20:59:00 <Suze *Spite Me*>
i think it is all good to have a modified class for the highly modified
supras, as mk2's, mk3's, m4's that may only have say, exhaust, filter, boost
controller or anything may not have a chance with the highly modified
supras.
for example a 2jz straight out of the box is not exactly going to beat kevin
or justin, a 1jz standard isn't gonna beat john, or any other 13 second
supras are they, kinda unfair on them
maybe classes can be fine tuned during qualifying?
i would go into the modified class quite happily being that i would have an
unfair advantage being modified, it's all good to let everyone have a chance
:)

my 49c

>From: "Hunt M" <5uprah@supras.co.nz>
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:51:23 +1300
>
>its interesting how you automatically class the mkiii's as slow and the
>mkiii's as fast...... ;-)

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 10:26:00 <prisoner45@...>
my 2 cents worth
have a mk2 class
mk3 class
mk4 class
and dyo
if someone pours lots of money into their car they deserve to take out the prize or whatever.

Who cares if you have the fastest 5mge powered mk2 there.

there will be times given each time you finish a race and to me thats whats important.

its a fun day.
if you want to compare your times to other engine types, then sweet, you can.

last year, it was not fair that a "standard"(been told the owner lost count of power at 110kws at the wheels, by the owner)
took out the prize or whatever over a v8 powered mk2.

And as adrain said, there will probably only be 2 1jzgte powered supras there.

its getting stupid.

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 11:02:00 <John Rosser>
there are going to be mk2, mk3, mk4 classes, there are also going to be sub
classes, which are for the engine certificates.

the drawback of last year's was that turn up with an open chequebook, and
you could win, therefor the smaller supras didn't bother to turn up. the
reason for doing it this was is to give the smaller supras just as much
chance as the bigger ones. if you would want to run bigger is better, then
goto the nightspeed.

you are right however, there are going to be times given at the end of each
race, and at the end of the day, there is also going to be a printout at the
end of the day of all times recorded, fastest times, average time, final
placing, and a few other things.

as for the mk2 that won suprafest 03, he won the stock class mk2, which was
all that was available at the time. as you didn't even turn up, i don't
believe that you are in a position to dispute either way about his win.

you are also right about the fact that there might only be 2 1jz-gte supras
turn up, that is the problem that we are facing. we are unsure of the
numbers that are going to turn up until the day. hence the way we will be
running it is set up to be able to be fine tuned on the day for the
individual cars that do turn up.

hope to see you there matt.....

>From: prisoner45@hotmail.com
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:22:16 -0000
>
>my 2 cents worth
>have a mk2 class
>mk3 class
>mk4 class
>and dyo
>if someone pours lots of money into their car they deserve to take out the
>prize or whatever.
>
>Who cares if you have the fastest 5mge powered mk2 there.
>
>there will be times given each time you finish a race and to me thats whats
>important.
>
>its a fun day.
>if you want to compare your times to other engine types, then sweet, you
>can.
>
>last year, it was not fair that a "standard"(been told the owner lost count
>of power at 110kws at the wheels, by the owner)
>took out the prize or whatever over a v8 powered mk2.
>
>And as adrain said, there will probably only be 2 1jzgte powered supras
>there.
>
>its getting stupid.

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 11:13:00 <Doig, Richard>

> the drawback of last year's was that turn up with an open
> chequebook, and
> you could win, therefor the smaller supras didn't bother to
> turn up.

If you are not willing to run against the fast cars because you think you
will be slow then you are a big pansy that should stick to driving mummy's
Hyuandai!!!!

Get out there and do it. Who cares if someone else is faster!

Whinging pussies...

Richard

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 11:14:00 <Lee Dobson>
I think some people seems to be taking the whole winning thing personally.
If your reason for not turning up to the SF04 is "I would have come but the
other cars in my class are to fast" I think you should ask yourself why you
would want to go to the event at all. Isn't the whole idea to get together,
see what others have done to their supras, meet some like minded people and
generally have fun. If you win something great! If you don't does that make
the whole event any less worth while? If I can afford the time off work
(being self employed) I would certainly like to be there if only to meet
some of the people and their cars in the flesh (oo er).

Maybe this is all a bit of a mushy approach but it's only my opinion

Cheers
Lee MKII 1G-GTE (missing one turbo)

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 13:41:00 <Hunt M>
there isnt going to be a hell of alot of cars attending so why dont we do a
grudge racing class that ppl can go into if they just want to beat their own
best time or do lots of legal burnouts or whatever??

> if someone pours lots of money into their car they deserve to take out the
prize or whatever.

> Who cares if you have the fastest 5mge powered mk2 there.
>
> there will be times given each time you finish a race and to me thats
whats important.

> its a fun day.
> if you want to compare your times to other engine types, then sweet, you
can.

> last year, it was not fair that a "standard"(been told the owner lost
count of power at 110kws at the wheels, by the owner)
> took out the prize or whatever over a v8 powered mk2.
>
> And as adrain said, there will probably only be 2 1jzgte powered supras
there.

> its getting stupid.

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 13:46:00 <Adrian M - ClubAW>
oh burnouts!

ive never done one yet .. hahahah shame on me..

although i can go sideways...

At 01:42 PM 11/27/2003 +1300, you wrote:
>there isnt going to be a hell of alot of cars attending so why dont we do a
>grudge racing class that ppl can go into if they just want to beat their own
>best time or do lots of legal burnouts or whatever??
>
>Hunt

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 13:51:00 <Hunt M>
lend me your car and i'll show you heheh
are you auto or manual?
Autos (with enough power) can do amazing burnouts as they just keep winding
up but with a manual its anoying having to shuffle through the gears, and
being vacume assist brakes when you take your foot off to apply the clutch
to change gear you get boost onto the brake master cylinder and then no more
brakes hahaha
Hydrolic brake booster would be ideal as with audi;s and the like

> ive never done one yet .. hahahah shame on me..
>
> although i can go sideways...
>

> At 01:42 PM 11/27/2003 +1300, you wrote:
> >there isnt going to be a hell of alot of cars attending so why dont we do
> >grudge racing class that ppl can go into if they just want to beat their
own
> >best time or do lots of legal burnouts or whatever??
> >
> >Hunt

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 13:57:00 <Adrian M - ClubAW>
Hahha i have seen many to get an idea.. and yeah autos are aesier...

sorry should have added,... never done a burnout in the JZA70 :P

and yeah its manual.... if i get ticketed and they ask me why i was dong
burnouts in the next few months... ill just say "I was practising for Supra
Fest" and hope to be let off :P

At 01:52 PM 11/27/2003 +1300, you wrote:
>lend me your car and i'll show you heheh
>are you auto or manual?
>Autos (with enough power) can do amazing burnouts as they just keep winding
>up but with a manual its anoying having to shuffle through the gears, and
>being vacume assist brakes when you take your foot off to apply the clutch
>to change gear you get boost onto the brake master cylinder and then no more
>brakes hahaha
>Hydrolic brake booster would be ideal as with audi;s and the like
>
>Hunt

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 14:02:00 <Hunt M>
> if i get ticketed and they ask me why i was dong
> burnouts in the next few months... ill just say "I was practising for
Supra
> Fest" and hope to be let off :P

I just get them to add it onto my tab

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 14:19:00 <john@...>
In regards to

the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest of
each motor class regardless of body."

Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 15:20:00 <Ben N>
Did I hear "sideways" AND "burnout" in adjacent posts?!!? I'm so coming
up from Wellington for this!

Ben.

> Hahha i have seen many to get an idea.. and yeah autos are aesier...
>
> sorry should have added,... never done a burnout in the JZA70 :P
>
> and yeah its manual.... if i get ticketed and they ask me why i was
> dong
> burnouts in the next few months... ill just say "I was practising for
> Supra
> Fest" and hope to be let off :P
>

> At 01:52 PM 11/27/2003 +1300, you wrote:
> >lend me your car and i'll show you heheh
> >are you auto or manual?
> >Autos (with enough power) can do amazing burnouts as they just keep
> winding
> >up but with a manual its anoying having to shuffle through the gears,
> and
> >being vacume assist brakes when you take your foot off to apply the
> clutch
> >to change gear you get boost onto the brake master cylinder and then
> no more
> >brakes hahaha
> >Hydrolic brake booster would be ideal as with audi;s and the like
> >
> >Hunt

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 21:48:00 <John Rosser>
what are you on about doig? you don't even have a supra do you?

john

> > the drawback of last year's was that turn up with an open
> > chequebook, and
> > you could win, therefor the smaller supras didn't bother to
> > turn up.
>
> If you are not willing to run against the fast cars because you think you
> will be slow then you are a big pansy that should stick to driving mummy's
> Hyuandai!!!!
>
> Get out there and do it. Who cares if someone else is faster!
>
> Whinging pussies...
>
> Richard

> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
> For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
> at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 22:05:00 <Stuart Cameron>
now thats debatable aint it

Stu

>From: john@weaversoft.com
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
>
>In regards to
>
>the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest
>of
>each motor class regardless of body."
>
>Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 22:08:00 <Stuart Cameron>
bugger forgot to say ya suposed to have a supra body....lol

Stu

>From: "Stuart Cameron" <toy_performance@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:05:14 +1300
>
>now thats debatable aint it
>

>Stu
>

>>From: john@weaversoft.com
>>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
>>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
>>
>>In regards to
>>
>>the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest
>>of
>>each motor class regardless of body."
>>
>>Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?
>>

>>---
>>Supra Club of New Zealand
>>http://www.supras.org.nz/

>Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
>friends!

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 22:55:00 <John Rosser>
there is a grudge time at the end of the day after the main racing has been
finished.

john

> there isnt going to be a hell of alot of cars attending so why dont we do
> grudge racing class that ppl can go into if they just want to beat their
own
> best time or do lots of legal burnouts or whatever??

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-27 23:01:00 <Toy Performance Headquarters>
ok....

Ur calling us winging pussies?

If suprafest gets run the way some people would like it (bigger is better as someone put it), then i might as well bring out and race my 1.6L carby sohc rolla as id have no more fun or get no further than if i was to bring out the 1gge!

I wanna goout there and have some fun, but i dont wanna come home and say that i raced, i competed and in my first elimination run, got my doors blown off by a 1jz that was 5 seconds faster, do u think thats fair??? I don't

Just a little thought for some of u to think about...
the rotor nats, we all know how popular they are... thats because the cars are raced against each other as fairly as possible, so everyone that competes has a fair chance... y cant we run our own events like that....

Thats what john is trying to do, race us all as fairly as can possibly be done without it being too overly complicated, how about everyone just lay off and let suprafest be run the way it should be....

Libby Cameron

> the drawback of last year's was that turn up with an open
> chequebook, and
> you could win, therefor the smaller supras didn't bother to
> turn up.

If you are not willing to run against the fast cars because you think you
will be slow then you are a big pansy that should stick to driving mummy's
Hyuandai!!!!

Get out there and do it. Who cares if someone else is faster!

Whinging pussies...

Richard

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 08:48:00 <Doig, Richard>

>Ur calling us winging pussies?

No, whinging, with an 'h'!

Richard

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:46:00 <john@...>

whats debateable?
whether its a supra engine?
or whether UI could run it?

Quoting Stuart Cameron <toy_performance@hotmail.com>:

> now thats debatable aint it
>

> Stu
>

> >From: john@weaversoft.com
> >Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
> >
> >In regards to
> >
> >the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest
> >of
> >each motor class regardless of body."
> >
> >Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:47:00 <john@...>
the chassis isnt that different either...

Quoting Stuart Cameron <toy_performance@hotmail.com>:

> bugger forgot to say ya suposed to have a supra body....lol
>

> Stu
>

> >From: "Stuart Cameron" <toy_performance@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:05:14 +1300
> >
> >now thats debatable aint it
> >

> >Stu
> >

> >>From: john@weaversoft.com
> >>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
> >>
> >>In regards to
> >>
> >>the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest
> >>of
> >>each motor class regardless of body."
> >>
> >>Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?
> >>

> >>---
> >>Supra Club of New Zealand
> >>http://www.supras.org.nz/

> >Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> >friends!
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:53:00 <john@...>
Thats why you have restricted categories, and Open categories.

keep it balanced.

Quoting Toy Performance Headquarters <headquarters@toyperformance.org.nz>:

> ok....
>
> Ur calling us winging pussies?
>
> If suprafest gets run the way some people would like it (bigger is better as
> someone put it), then i might as well bring out and race my 1.6L carby sohc
> rolla as id have no more fun or get no further than if i was to bring out the
> 1gge!
>
> I wanna goout there and have some fun, but i dont wanna come home and say
> that i raced, i competed and in my first elimination run, got my doors blown
> off by a 1jz that was 5 seconds faster, do u think thats fair??? I don't
>
> Just a little thought for some of u to think about...
> the rotor nats, we all know how popular they are... thats because the cars
> are raced against each other as fairly as possible, so everyone that competes
> has a fair chance... y cant we run our own events like that....
>
> Thats what john is trying to do, race us all as fairly as can possibly be
> done without it being too overly complicated, how about everyone just lay off
> and let suprafest be run the way it should be....
>

> Libby Cameron

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:54:00 <Linton, David>
It's a four door Supra, right Cully?
David

the chassis isnt that different either...

Quoting Stuart Cameron <toy_performance@hotmail.com>:

> bugger forgot to say ya suposed to have a supra body....lol
>

> Stu
>

> >From: "Stuart Cameron" <toy_performance@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:05:14 +1300
> >
> >now thats debatable aint it
> >

> >Stu
> >

> >>From: john@weaversoft.com
> >>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
> >>
> >>In regards to
> >>
> >>the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the fastest
> >>of
> >>each motor class regardless of body."
> >>
> >>Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?
> >>

> >>---
> >>Supra Club of New Zealand
> >>http://www.supras.org.nz/

> >Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> >friends!
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:57:00 <john@...>
I'll agree with that :)

Quoting "Linton, David" <david.linton@nz.unisys.com>:

> It's a four door Supra, right Cully?
> David

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 09:58:00 <Cully Paterson>

It's a sleeper Supra :)

the chassis isnt that different either...

Quoting Stuart Cameron <toy_performance@hotmail.com>:

> bugger forgot to say ya suposed to have a supra body....lol
>

> Stu
>

> >From: "Stuart Cameron" <toy_performance@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:05:14 +1300
> >
> >now thats debatable aint it
> >

> >Stu
> >

> >>From: john@weaversoft.com
> >>Subject: [sconz] RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003
> >>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:19:00 +1100
> >>
> >>In regards to
> >>
> >>the following quote:- "there are going to be certificates for the
fastest
> >>of
> >>each motor class regardless of body."
> >>
> >>Does this mean I could enter my Cressida as its running a supra engine?
> >>

> >>---
> >>Supra Club of New Zealand
> >>http://www.supras.org.nz/

> >Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> >friends!
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
> friends!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 10:02:00 <Adrian M - ClubAW>
Like this one?
http://www.nzcarbuys.co.nz/vehicle_details.php3?CarId=45643

1996 Toyota Supra
Coupe, Manual, 4 door, 3000 cc, Petrol,

geezzzz :)

At 09:53 AM 11/28/2003 +1300, you wrote:
>It's a four door Supra, right Cully?
>David

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 10:11:00 <Doig, Richard>

No no no!

Supras are two door Cressidas!

Hiding now...

:-)

> It's a four door Supra, right Cully?
> David

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 10:15:00 <Allan Smith>

ME TOO!!!!!!

>I'll agree with that :)
>

>Quoting "Linton, David" <david.linton@nz.unisys.com>:
>
> > It's a four door Supra, right Cully?
> > David

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
Personals!

RE: sconz digest: November 24, 2003   2003-11-28 10:16:00 <Linton, David>
Maybe he counts the boot and bonnet as doors