Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 09:27:00 <brestu97@...>
Does anybody have approximate prices for an HKS metal head gasket, lexus afm, and 550cc injectors.

Thanks

Re: Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 09:53:00 <Parts Imports>
Have a used hks 1.2mm complete with can of copper coat !! (cost me $560
landed from USA)

No im not going to machine my block that's why its for sale !! (pitted
around # 6)

Going again tonight with ARP with stock gasket

Jason

550 expect 80 to 150 each using MK4 rx7
Lexus AFM $180 when in stock

----- Original Message -----
From: <brestu97@aut.ac.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:25 AM
Subject: [sconz] Upgrades and prices

> Does anybody have approximate prices for an HKS metal head gasket, lexus
afm, and 550cc injectors.

> Thanks

Re: Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 09:56:00 <Cully Paterson>

> No im not going to machine my block that's why its for sale !! (pitted
> around # 6)
>
> Going again tonight with ARP with stock gasket

So in other words it's just going to blow again anyway, stock gasket or
not...

Re: Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 09:59:00 <Parts Imports>
Na not as bad as it sounds just starting to pit if left longer would have
needed have to machine even for stock gasket

Jason

> > No im not going to machine my block that's why its for sale !! (pitted
> > around # 6)
> >
> > Going again tonight with ARP with stock gasket
>

> So in other words it's just going to blow again anyway, stock gasket or
> not...

Re: Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 11:38:00 <brestu97@...>
And to confirm..

the lexus afm raises boost cut by sending a different signal to ecu??

are they worth using without the 550s??

Re: Upgrades and prices   2003-12-17 11:48:00 <Cully Paterson>

> the lexus afm raises boost cut by sending a different signal to ecu??
>
> are they worth using without the 550s??

Never ever ever bloody ever use a Lexus AFM with stock injectors.

Read:
http://www.supras.com/~riemer/lexusriemer/lexusnotes.html

Particularly this bit:
---
NOTE:
The Lexus AFM should only be used in conjunction with larger injectors of
the 550 size. A couple of club members around the world are telling people
to do the upgrade without the injectors and this is a very bad idea. These
people do not understand the functioning of the Toyota ECM and this is sure
to cause long term engine damage!