supra problems   2004-01-29 10:38:00 <ronniekumar>
my 7m start starts and dies.Tps is adjusted properly.I checked voltage s at ecu connectors.Sm says for IDL-E2 terminals should give 4-6v,but I am getting 10v .TPS error code keeps coming up.
2.For KS- body ground with ignition switch on,SM says I should get 4-6v,I get 2-3 volts and voltage is not constant,increases and decreases.
I checked air flow meter resistance between terminals E1-KS and I get
7 mega ohms instead of specified 5-10 kilo-ohms.
Same applies to terminals VC-E1,E1-VC.I get meaga-ohms reading instead of specified 5-10 kilo-ohms.
That means my airflow meter(3 years old) and spare airflow meter is faulty.
Does any-one have a spare I could borrow to to test on the car.
Also does any-one have any ideas on Tps problem.Tps is 2 weeks old.
Thanks,
Ronnie.

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 11:00:00 <Cully Paterson>

> my 7m start starts and dies.Tps is adjusted properly.I checked voltage s
at ecu connectors.Sm
>says for IDL-E2 terminals should give 4-6v,but I am getting 10v .TPS error
code keeps coming up.
> 2.For KS- body ground with ignition switch on,SM says I should get 4-6v,I
get 2-3 volts and
>voltage is not constant,increases and decreases.
> I checked air flow meter resistance between terminals E1-KS and I get
> 7 mega ohms instead of specified 5-10 kilo-ohms.

I have found in the past that values given in the US TSRM don't seem to
always match up with what's happening on my car. The TPS was one example of
this - none of the ones I have had ever read according to the book.

I've got three suggestions:
1. Grounding fault, which would explain some of the symptoms/odd readings.
The earth straps on the engine can easily erode away without it being
particularly obvious (this one cost me two cylinder heads).
2. Have you checked the operation of the idle speed controller? I'd be
unbolting it from the plenum and checking to see the actual movement of the
plunger when you turn the car on/off. Also the idle controller is a little
suspect to gunge buildup impeding its operation.
3. Have you tried a different ECU? My TOMS ECU returned constant TPS error
codes, but always ran fine. Without changing anything other than the ECU
the error codes went away.

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 11:09:00 <ronnie kumar>
Checked and cleaned isc and also I put my spare isc valve .
Only thing I haven't done is change ecu.Just have to find some-one with
spare 1988 turbo ecu.
I think ground straps are ok.Just cleaned ground points last week.
Thanks,
Ronnie.

>From: "Cully Paterson" <cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sconz] supra problems
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:00:28 +1300
>

> > my 7m start starts and dies.Tps is adjusted properly.I checked voltage s
>at ecu connectors.Sm
> >says for IDL-E2 terminals should give 4-6v,but I am getting 10v .TPS
>error
>code keeps coming up.
> > 2.For KS- body ground with ignition switch on,SM says I should get
>4-6v,I
>get 2-3 volts and
> >voltage is not constant,increases and decreases.
> > I checked air flow meter resistance between terminals E1-KS and I get
> > 7 mega ohms instead of specified 5-10 kilo-ohms.
>
>I have found in the past that values given in the US TSRM don't seem to
>always match up with what's happening on my car. The TPS was one example
>of
>this - none of the ones I have had ever read according to the book.
>
>I've got three suggestions:
>1. Grounding fault, which would explain some of the symptoms/odd readings.
>The earth straps on the engine can easily erode away without it being
>particularly obvious (this one cost me two cylinder heads).
>2. Have you checked the operation of the idle speed controller? I'd be
>unbolting it from the plenum and checking to see the actual movement of the
>plunger when you turn the car on/off. Also the idle controller is a little
>suspect to gunge buildup impeding its operation.
>3. Have you tried a different ECU? My TOMS ECU returned constant TPS
>error
>codes, but always ran fine. Without changing anything other than the ECU
>the error codes went away.
>
>Cheers
>Cully

Check out the Xtra gaming servers at http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming !

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 11:12:00 <Cully Paterson>

> Only thing I haven't done is change ecu.Just have to find some-one with
> spare 1988 turbo ecu.

I have a spare 89 3.0T ECU - the facelift version, which I think is the same
as yours. IIRC you've got a manual, so you'd just have to jumper the
neutral start switch for it to work.

> I think ground straps are ok.Just cleaned ground points last week.

Mine looked ok too... :)

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 16:25:00 <ronnie kumar>
Could I borrow it,I have an automatic transmisson.
I will change fuel filter this weekend which hopefully will improve things
too.
Ronnie

>From: "Cully Paterson" <cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sconz] supra problems
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:12:01 +1300
>

> > Only thing I haven't done is change ecu.Just have to find some-one with
> > spare 1988 turbo ecu.
>
>I have a spare 89 3.0T ECU - the facelift version, which I think is the
>same
>as yours. IIRC you've got a manual, so you'd just have to jumper the
>neutral start switch for it to work.
>

> > I think ground straps are ok.Just cleaned ground points last week.
>
>Mine looked ok too... :)
>

>Cheers
>Cully

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
Personals!

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 16:33:00 <Cully Paterson>
Sure, I'll bring it to work tomorrow if that's any use to you, otherwise you
can grab it on the weekend.

> Could I borrow it,I have an automatic transmisson.
> I will change fuel filter this weekend which hopefully will improve
things
> too.
> Ronnie
>

> >From: "Cully Paterson" <cully@supras.org.nz>
> >Subject: Re: [sconz] supra problems
> >Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:12:01 +1300
> >

> > > Only thing I haven't done is change ecu.Just have to find some-one
with
> > > spare 1988 turbo ecu.
> >
> >I have a spare 89 3.0T ECU - the facelift version, which I think is the
> >same
> >as yours. IIRC you've got a manual, so you'd just have to jumper the
> >neutral start switch for it to work.
> >

> > > I think ground straps are ok.Just cleaned ground points last week.
> >
> >Mine looked ok too... :)
> >

> >Cheers
> >Cully
> >

> >---
> >Supra Club of New Zealand
> >http://www.supras.org.nz/

> Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
> Personals!

Re: supra problems   2004-01-29 17:38:00 <ronnie kumar>
Will you be at work on saturday?.Have to work tommorrow.
Ronnie.

>From: "Cully Paterson" <cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sconz] supra problems
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:33:04 +1300
>
>Sure, I'll bring it to work tomorrow if that's any use to you, otherwise
>you
>can grab it on the weekend.
>
>Cheers
>Cully

Re: supra problems   2004-01-30 08:56:00 <Cully Paterson>
No I won't be at work on Saturday, but give me a ring and we can meet up
somewhere. 021-4SUPRA.