Lowered Springs   2004-02-06 09:13:00 <trembath@...>
Hey Guys,

A freind of mine in New Plymouth wants some lowered springs to fit a MKIII
Supra, anyone got any for sale?

Cheers
Rob Trembath

re: Lowered Springs   2004-02-06 17:52:00 <Ian>
i have a set of kyb springs but someone else has expressed an interest in them i will get back to you on the outcome.

RE: Lowered Springs   2004-02-08 10:20:00 <Suze W>
what about getting your factory springs compressed, that's all i did :) SAS
north shore in auckland did mine :)

>From: trembath@world-net.co.nz
>Subject: [sconz] Lowered Springs
>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:12:54 +1300
>
>Hey Guys,
>
>A freind of mine in New Plymouth wants some lowered springs to fit a MKIII
>Supra, anyone got any for sale?
>
>Cheers
>Rob Trembath

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
Personals!

RE: Lowered Springs   2004-02-09 00:11:00 <Murray>
Hi Suze

How much did they charge?

Murray Rosser

At 10:19 a.m. 8/02/2004 +1300, you wrote:

>what about getting your factory springs compressed, that's all i did :)
>SAS north shore in auckland did mine :)
>

>>From: trembath@world-net.co.nz
>>Subject: [sconz] Lowered Springs
>>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:12:54 +1300
>>
>>Hey Guys,
>>
>>A freind of mine in New Plymouth wants some lowered springs to fit a MKIII
>>Supra, anyone got any for sale?
>>
>>Cheers
>>Rob Trembath
>>

>>---
>>Supra Club of New Zealand
>>http://www.supras.org.nz/

>Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
>Personals!

>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Re: Lowered Springs   2004-02-09 00:48:00 <Stuart>
On Monday 09 February 2004 00:11, you wrote:
> Hi Suze
> How much did they charge?
> Murray Rosser

Please remember, statically compressing springs are a VERY BAD IDEA!
The spring gets no harder, but are shorter, therefore the chance of your
suspension bottoming out goes up a lot.

A better idea is to the the spring correctly shortened then STRETCHED.
That way your spring rate goes up, and your chance of having a horrible
handling situation (and beliueve me, hitting the bump stops IS one of those!)
goes way down. (the spring rate is linearly proportional to the length of
unbound spring steel, from memory - ie: how long the spring would be if it
was unwound..)

The cost, of course, is very similar..

Even better, have some proper springs made. especially if you actually plan on
going around corners fast.. it's a LOT cheaper than panel repairs!

Regards,
Stuart.

Re: Lowered Springs   2004-02-09 08:39:00 <ronnie kumar>
I got suspension techniques lowering springs,it dropped car by 1.25".It is
about $245-00 U.S.If any-one is interested ,I will ship from U.S with other
stuff I am getting.
Ronnie

>From: Stuart <stuartw@kcbbs.gen.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sconz] Lowered Springs
>Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:50:26 +1300
>
>On Monday 09 February 2004 00:11, you wrote:
> > Hi Suze
> > How much did they charge?
> > Murray Rosser
>
>Please remember, statically compressing springs are a VERY BAD IDEA!
>The spring gets no harder, but are shorter, therefore the chance of your
>suspension bottoming out goes up a lot.
>
>A better idea is to the the spring correctly shortened then STRETCHED.
>That way your spring rate goes up, and your chance of having a horrible
>handling situation (and beliueve me, hitting the bump stops IS one of
>those!)
>goes way down. (the spring rate is linearly proportional to the length of
>unbound spring steel, from memory - ie: how long the spring would be if it
>was unwound..)
>
>The cost, of course, is very similar..
>
>Even better, have some proper springs made. especially if you actually plan
>on
>going around corners fast.. it's a LOT cheaper than panel repairs!
>
>Regards,
>Stuart.

Check out the Xtra gaming servers at http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming !

Re: Lowered Springs   2004-02-09 12:05:00 <Suze W>
lol or you could do as Stuart suggests

but i do add, my supra is cool for handling, still captures and ain't so
bumpy :P

i think just do whichever you feel more comfortable with :)

>From: Stuart <stuartw@kcbbs.gen.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sconz] Lowered Springs
>Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:50:26 +1300
>
>On Monday 09 February 2004 00:11, you wrote:
> > Hi Suze
> > How much did they charge?
> > Murray Rosser
>
>Please remember, statically compressing springs are a VERY BAD IDEA!
>The spring gets no harder, but are shorter, therefore the chance of your
>suspension bottoming out goes up a lot.
>
>A better idea is to the the spring correctly shortened then STRETCHED.
>That way your spring rate goes up, and your chance of having a horrible
>handling situation (and beliueve me, hitting the bump stops IS one of
>those!)
>goes way down. (the spring rate is linearly proportional to the length of
>unbound spring steel, from memory - ie: how long the spring would be if it
>was unwound..)
>
>The cost, of course, is very similar..
>
>Even better, have some proper springs made. especially if you actually plan
>on
>going around corners fast.. it's a LOT cheaper than panel repairs!
>
>Regards,
>Stuart.

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN
Personals!

RE: Lowered Springs   2004-02-09 20:36:00 <Suze W>
umm can't remember now, give Randal a call at SAS and just tell him i sent
ya, she should look after ya :)