Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-06 14:44:00 <trembath@...>
Anyone got a driveshaft centre support bearing to fit an 89 GA70 Supra?

Cheers
Rob Trembath
New Plymouth

Re: Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-08 11:46:00 <trembath@...>
Hey guys,

A friend of mine had his Supra failed a WOF due to the centre bearing having
too much play within the rubber section.

Is this a common problem, is there supposed to be a certain amount of play? It
seems to move a total of about 10mm.

Cheers
Rob Trembath

and the testing Quoting trembath@world-net.co.nz:

> Anyone got a driveshaft centre support bearing to fit an 89 GA70 Supra?
>
> Cheers
> Rob Trembath
> New Plymouth

Re: Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-08 11:48:00 <Cully Paterson>

> A friend of mine had his Supra failed a WOF due to the centre bearing
having
> too much play within the rubber section.
>
> Is this a common problem, is there supposed to be a certain amount of
play? It
> seems to move a total of about 10mm.

Yes, this is a common problem - they all eventually give out. However 10mm
doesn't sound excessive - there's meant to be some play in that bearing,
that's why they're made of RUBBER.

Another WOF place that needs shooting?

Re: Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-08 11:56:00 <trembath@...>
Cully,

Cheers for the info, do you know how much you can get replacement bearings for?

Rob

Quoting Cully Paterson <cully@supras.org.nz>:

> > A friend of mine had his Supra failed a WOF due to the centre bearing
> having
> > too much play within the rubber section.
> >
> > Is this a common problem, is there supposed to be a certain amount of
> play? It
> > seems to move a total of about 10mm.
>
> Yes, this is a common problem - they all eventually give out. However 10mm
> doesn't sound excessive - there's meant to be some play in that bearing,
> that's why they're made of RUBBER.
>
> Another WOF place that needs shooting?

Re: Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-08 11:59:00 <Cully Paterson>
Not off the top of my head, but they're not too stupid a price. Need the
chasis/model of the car to check though, as there are different ones
depending on year/drivetrain.

> Cheers for the info, do you know how much you can get replacement bearings
for?

> Rob
>
> Quoting Cully Paterson <cully@supras.org.nz>:
>

> > > A friend of mine had his Supra failed a WOF due to the centre bearing
> > having
> > > too much play within the rubber section.
> > >
> > > Is this a common problem, is there supposed to be a certain amount of
> > play? It
> > > seems to move a total of about 10mm.
> >
> > Yes, this is a common problem - they all eventually give out. However
10mm
> > doesn't sound excessive - there's meant to be some play in that bearing,
> > that's why they're made of RUBBER.
> >
> > Another WOF place that needs shooting?
> >
> > Cully

Re: Driveshaft Centre Support Bearing   2004-03-08 12:12:00 <trembath@...>
Cully,

It looks the same as my Auto driveshaft one which is from my 87 Supra
Model No: E-MA70 BJPVZ
Chassis No: MA70-0030491