Which mod?   2004-03-11 19:48:00 <Hunt M>
Hey all,
After market ECU like a link or similar to get rid of my flapper afm
OR
Aftermarket ignition set up - MSD or similar

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:33:00 <John Rosser>
link plus

next question?

john
----- Original Message -----
From: Hunt M
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 7:47 PM
Subject: [sconz] Which mod?

Hey all,
After market ECU like a link or similar to get rid of my flapper afm
OR
Aftermarket ignition set up - MSD or similar

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:35:00 <Cully Paterson>
The next question is where Hunt is going to get the ~$2500 to buy and tune
one...

After market ECU like a link or similar to get rid of my flapper afm
OR
Aftermarket ignition set up - MSD or similar

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:39:00 <Hunt M>
Cully can i borrow......... ;-)

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

> The next question is where Hunt is going to get the ~$2500 to buy and tune
> one...

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:41:00 <Hunt M>
Where do you get the $2500 figure from??

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

After market ECU like a link or similar to get rid of my flapper afm
OR
Aftermarket ignition set up - MSD or similar

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:41:00 <Cully Paterson>
NO!

Actually on a serious note - even though it's a less than perfect replacement,
consider looking at an HKS VPC. It probably much more in your price range,
particularly second hand, and it'll solve most of the issues you're facing.

Not much point upgrading the ignition system - it's up to the job already.

> > The next question is where Hunt is going to get the ~$2500 to buy and tune
> > one...

Re: Which mod?   2004-03-11 20:45:00 <John Rosser>
purchase price, install, dyno time

got that price as well, but only rough estimate....
Where do you get the $2500 figure from??

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

After market ECU like a link or similar to get rid of my flapper afm
OR
Aftermarket ignition set up - MSD or similar

www.supras.co.nz *Home to the not so standard 1G-GTE*

http://www.supras.org.nz/ ---

RE: Which mod?   2004-03-11 22:19:00 <Marc Archbold>

Hunt, from your perspective, what is wrong with the stock ECU?

got that price as well, but only rough estimate....