Woah! Carnage right on my doorstep!   2004-03-29 15:22:00 <Cully Paterson>
Can't believe this - just sat down for afternoon coffee and heard a big bang
out on the road. Some guy had escaped from a prison van or similar, nicked
a car from one of the guys at Appco, run the owner of the car over as he
tried to stop him, smashed into a car in the middle of Wairau Road, piled
into Hirequip and totalled one of their portaloos, backed into a car in the
Westpac carpark, did a huge big donut in the middle of the road then blasted
off down Wairau road. One of the work guys chased him and saw him hit
another car and nearly run into a group of school kids...

And today was looking so dull...

Re: Woah! Carnage right on my doorstep!   2004-03-29 15:36:00 <Toy Performance Headquarters>
no fair!!! interesting things ALWAYS happen more when ur around, y cant they
happen here!!! lol

Tho i do admit, i see the remnants of things (including cop chases) most
morning on the road i live on lol

Libby Cameron
Toy Performance
www.toyperformane.org.nz
> Can't believe this - just sat down for afternoon coffee and heard a big
bang
> out on the road. Some guy had escaped from a prison van or similar,
nicked
> a car from one of the guys at Appco, run the owner of the car over as he
> tried to stop him, smashed into a car in the middle of Wairau Road, piled
> into Hirequip and totalled one of their portaloos, backed into a car in
the
> Westpac carpark, did a huge big donut in the middle of the road then
blasted
> off down Wairau road. One of the work guys chased him and saw him hit
> another car and nearly run into a group of school kids...
>
> And today was looking so dull...

Re: Woah! Carnage right on my doorstep!   2004-03-29 16:18:00 <Hunt M>
SHITE!
Should've given chase in your beast! haha!
Wonder if it'll be on the news
Whilst on topic of car stories, here's an interesting one.
Last week sometime - cant remember the day exactly - I was driving to BK
Albany mega center and saw this car go screaming round this round a bout.
Didn't think much of it until he almost took me out in albany industrial
area. He flew through the intersection almost not making the corner - then
proceeded to lock up on the straight - carry on and turn into a center
island - ran straight over the top of this with a HUGE bang. I saw all the
in my rear mirror so i did a rather quick 3 point turn and attempted to
chase the guy but couldn't (called the cops and mentioned that I was chasing
him *bad idea* they told me off haha). Never found him but he looked like he
was on something (drugs or otherwise) and the cars plates were blacked out
or not there. Sketched me out at every intersection that whole night.