@#%#ing viruses....   2004-07-19 11:11:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi guys,
Looks like you've just been bombarded by a mass mailing virus that faked
my email address and sent itself to the Supra list. *It wasn't me*, I'm not
dumbarse enough to leave my systems unpatched/unprotected against this crap.

If anyone decided to open the attachment that got forward a few minutes ago,
please contact me for removal help should you need it.

RE: @#%#ing viruses....   2004-07-19 12:08:00 <Hunt M>
I like your comment Cully " I'm not dumbarse enough to leave my systems
unpatched/unprotected against this crap."
I'd like to know how to keep yourself totally safe from viruses in all their
different shapes and sizes - only way that I know of is to not turn your pc
on - EVER.

From: bounce-35584-72@list.supras.org.nz
[mailto:bounce-35584-72@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of Cully Paterson
Sent: Monday, 19 July 2004 11:12 a.m.
Subject: [sconz] @#%#ing viruses....

Hi guys,
Looks like you've just been bombarded by a mass mailing virus that faked
my email address and sent itself to the Supra list. *It wasn't me*, I'm not

dumbarse enough to leave my systems unpatched/unprotected against this crap.

If anyone decided to open the attachment that got forward a few minutes ago,

please contact me for removal help should you need it.

RE: @#%#ing viruses....   2004-07-19 12:15:00 <john@...>
pffft. its easy to keep safe from viruses.

and there is many ways of doing so.

the only way to keep your self totally 100% safe from all viruses is to not have
any form of incoming or outgoing access

Quoting Hunt M <5uprah@supras.co.nz>:

> I like your comment Cully " I'm not dumbarse enough to leave my systems
> unpatched/unprotected against this crap."
> I'd like to know how to keep yourself totally safe from viruses in all their
> different shapes and sizes - only way that I know of is to not turn your pc
> on - EVER.

RE: @#%#ing viruses....   2004-07-19 12:20:00 <Hunt M>
As in do not be connected to the net at all? Sweet sounds like fun.

It can be easy to keep yourself safe from viruses - sure you can keep your
pc up to date with nortons or avg or the many many other different antivirus
protection software out there - but what happens if you update these at say
12:30pm - only to be infected by a virus that is released at 12:35pm -
bugger....

Have contact with these situations all day at work and the customer always
tries the typical line "but I have up to date virus protection" - yeah -
right.