7M head tool available cheap   2004-10-13 11:54:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi guys,
I've lost count over the years of the number of times I've been phoned
asking whereabouts to get a tool for torqueing the head bolts on a 7M. Up
until now I've only been able to say with certainty that Snap-On make one,
but now I've managed to find a better option...

Koken make a near identical item, part number "3010M100 10". At trade rates
via Appco I got one for a smidge over $20. Repco, Partmaster or any other
decent part supplier should be able to source one on request. I was advised
though that they've only got one more in stock in the country at the moment,
so expect a delay if a few of you rush out to get them ;-)

Koken tools have a lifetime warranty.

7M head gasket jokes/barbs will be ignored, just in case anyone bothers.

RE: 7M head tool available cheap   2004-10-13 12:06:00 <Hunt M>
I got mine for my 1G and it's a Koken as well - 8mm for 1G and 10mm for 7M's
I believe?
But yeah Koken are a good quality tool. I got mine through a mate that works
at OVLOV Marine and it cost me about $14 for the 8mm - I imagine the 10mm
would be a bit more so $20 is a score! :)

Hunt
p.s. no BHG jokes here

I've lost count over the years of the number of times I've been phoned
asking whereabouts to get a tool for torqueing the head bolts on a 7M. Up
until now I've only been able to say with certainty that Snap-On make one,
but now I've managed to find a better option...

Koken make a near identical item, part number "3010M100 10". At trade rates

via Appco I got one for a smidge over $20. Repco, Partmaster or any other
decent part supplier should be able to source one on request. I was advised

though that they've only got one more in stock in the country at the moment,

so expect a delay if a few of you rush out to get them ;-)

Koken tools have a lifetime warranty.

7M head gasket jokes/barbs will be ignored, just in case anyone bothers.

Re: 7M head tool available cheap   2004-10-13 12:09:00 <Cully Paterson>