1.5jz   2004-11-13 10:06:00 <john shannon>
Well i got my 2jz engine its only done 60,000km enyway i am going to strip it today all i want is the block and crank so if you now eny one that need eny engine parts from it but not the block let us now but i have got a good 1jz block 1jz head 2jz head 2jz pistons and lots of other 2jz and 1jz engine parts.

Watch movie trailers online with the Xtra Broadband Channel !

re: 1.5jz   2004-11-16 14:11:00 <Adrian - ClubAW>
hey John, the 2JZ parts you have are an NA arent they?

also what ECU will you be running?

re:1.5jz   2004-11-16 22:39:00 <john shannon>

Yes Adrian the 2jz i striped was a na.

and the new ecu i will be running is the new link out version 3.

but i still nee injectors 850cc if eny one as got eny let me now thanks

and yes this time it will be a r154 5speed i think 8 trannys this year is 8 to meny .

>From: "Adrian - ClubAW" <adrian@tapanz.com>
>Subject: re:[sconz] 1.5jz
>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:10:44 -0000
>
>hey John, the 2JZ parts you have are an NA arent they?
>
>also what ECU will you be running?
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/

Need more speed? Get Xtra JetStream!

1.5jz   2004-12-09 22:47:00 <john shannon>
Has any one done the 1.5jz in a supra or am i the first in nz.
well its all most finished all the bottom end is all done and looking good with all the new paint the top end will all be done this weekend,
but the engine is not going in till next month waiting till i have got all i need all new fuel set up.
Trying for over 400kws this time and will not stop untill i get it and to make it reiliable this time and this time we are going with a manual might last a bit longer lol.

There’s never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream!

re: 1.5jz   2004-12-20 10:49:00 <Marc Archbold>

>Has any one done the 1.5jz in a supra or am i the first in nz.

The Quest 4 Corona is a 2JZ Bottom end with a 1JZ head, it has been running for a while now.

Cheers,
Marc

re:1.5jz   2004-12-20 10:51:00 <Adrian Maka>
thats right... pretty sure John's will be the first road 'legal' one in nz?

>>Has any one done the 1.5jz in a supra or am i the first in nz.
>
> The Quest 4 Corona is a 2JZ Bottom end with a 1JZ head, it has been
> running for a while now.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-20 10:54:00 <Hunt M>
Exactly - a 1.5JZ - which uses the 1JZ pistons for clearance and because
they are forged from factory. Uses the 2JZ block, crank and rods.

But the question still remains - is john the first in NZ to do one of these?

>Has any one done the 1.5jz in a supra or am i the first in nz.

The Quest 4 Corona is a 2JZ Bottom end with a 1JZ head, it has been running
for a while now.

Cheers,
Marc

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-20 11:07:00 <Cully Paterson>

Erm, aren't they Hypereutectic pistons?

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-20 21:43:00 <john shannon>

so in other words you are just saying they have a higher melting point than say ge pistons or 7mgte/7mge etc?

>From: "Cully Paterson" <Cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: RE: [sconz] 1.5jz
>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:06:58 +1300

Re: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 10:05:00 <Grant Brunton>
found this:
http://www.taperformance.com/hyperteu.htm
interesting to note......

so in other words you are just saying they have a higher melting point than say ge pistons or 7mgte/7mge etc?

>From: "Cully Paterson" <Cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: RE: [sconz] 1.5jz
>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:06:58 +1300

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 10:13:00 <Doig, Richard>
A piston fails due to knock and it's the piston's fault???

What a load of BS!

_____

<mailto:sconz@list.supras.org.nz> >

<mailto:sconz@list.supras.org.nz> >

>Subject: RE: [sconz] 1.5jz

>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:06:58 +1300

<http://g.msn.com/8HMBENNZ/2752??PS=47575> Channel ! ---

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 10:25:00 <Cully Paterson>

From: john shannon [mailto:jshannon55@hotmail.com]

>>Erm, aren't they Hypereutectic pistons?

>so in other words you are just saying they have a higher
>melting point than say ge pistons or 7mgte/7mge etc?

Erm, No, I didn't say anything of the sort. Do you not know what
Hypereutectic pistons are? Assuming no....

There are two general types of piston: cast and forged. Cast is where
molten aluminium is poured into a mold to form the piston, and forged is
where the piston is stamped out of a blank lump of metal and then
machined to finish it. By nature forged pistons are denser in
construction and have better metallurgical properties than cast, hence
are 'stronger'.

Hyperetectic pistons are simply a variation on cast pistons where the
silicon content is ramped up. This has two effects: it makes the piston
harder allowing smaller and higher ringlands to be used, and it causes
the expansion of the piston during engine warm up to be reduced, helping
to eliminate bore scuff and so on.

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 10:29:00 <Cully Paterson>

From: Doig, Richard [mailto:Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz]

http://www.taperformance.com/hyperteu.htm

>A piston fails due to knock and it's the piston's fault???

>What a load of BS!

Well, actually there is some degree of truth in there, from a certain
perspective. Forged pistons stand up to detonation somewhat better than
cast and/or hypereutectic, but will eventually give way. The difference
is that forged pistons will melt more 'gracefully' and tend not to take
other bits of the engine with them when they go. Cast pistons have a
tendency to Whammo and take lots of other stuff with them when they
exit.

RE: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 10:40:00 <Doig, Richard>
True, but in any case, fix the cause of knock!

Re: 1.5jz   2004-12-21 11:41:00 <Suze>
hmmmm ok... thanks for that info... it was me that messaged bout them
being able to withstand more heat than the usual pistons...
interesting stuff