whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-17 21:32:00 <Suze>
time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing with your car
at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what engine are you running, what do
you use ur supra for, daily driving + some recreational sport?

post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)

The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)

RE: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 00:24:00 <Stuart Cameron>
I see lots have replied........ok so ill start it off....

The mk2 MA61 is still on the road totaly stock looking bar the body kit etc
as she has been with me for 12 - 14 years now but in need of new paint and
the temp motor (been in for 12 mths) is still in, Getting new paint and the
good motor (its original one) going back in later this year so she will look
and be as good as when i brought her. Been my daily driver and main car for
all that time and still going strong after a lot of hard milage, two
suprafests, mutiple other motor sport events and cruises with many more to
yet to come..

The mk2 GA61 is still sitting (ill pick up the motor n box from me mates
shed one day) waiting for its repower with a GM motor and box and a roll
cage etc, ended up helping toy_leeka put her GA61 back on the road instead
so it should be done end of summer this year, i hope, just depends on the
work on the MA61.....we all know what doing a project cars is like.

Cheers Stu
Toy Performance
www.toyperformance.org.nz

>From: Suze <suprra@gmail.com>
>Subject: [sconz] whats the current status of everyones car
>Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:31:44 +1300
>
>time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing with your car
>at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what engine are you running, what do
>you use ur supra for, daily driving + some recreational sport?
>
>post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)
>
>--
>Cheers
>
>Suze
>The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)
>www.supra.co.nz
>
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra JetStream @
http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream

RE: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 07:58:00 <Andy S>
Hi all

Mk3 is currently for sale! 1G 1987 twin turbo, auto,
white, hardtop etc only 118,000km let me know $2999 :)

Mk2 has been off the road for a few months, failed its
last warrant. All fixed now, will be getting WOF
tomorrow. Had rust removed from spare tyre well
finally, and got new fog light bulbs. Plans to get
some Simmons wheels later in the year :) Yummy

Andy S

=====
Visit my website http://andy.supras.org.nz

Home of the 5MGE-->7MGTE conversion!

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 08:27:00 <Cully Paterson>

Don't forget those massively uprated front springs... ;-)

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 10:35:00 <Libby Cameron>
ok

in the rush to get the ga61 on the road the paintjob has had to be pushed
back and its looking pretty motly, primer everywhere, mismatching mags, but
thats all getting sorted as soon as i get a wof... failed only on a few
little things, one tine patch of rust in the front, rear shock bushes, and
all im waiting on now is to get a passengers seatbelt and a rear half of a
driveshaft from tauranga, failed on play in the front u-joint of the rear
haf of the shaft.
but, like brett said when i brought it, she's a good runner, and its nice to
be in a supra again.

so soon comes a set of mags, later in the year a paintjob and next summer,
rebuilding a new hybrid 1G-GE for it

Libby Cameron
Toy Performance
www.toyperformance.org.nz
> Mk3 is currently for sale! 1G 1987 twin turbo, auto,
> white, hardtop etc only 118,000km let me know $2999 :)
>
> Mk2 has been off the road for a few months, failed its
> last warrant. All fixed now, will be getting WOF
> tomorrow. Had rust removed from spare tyre well
> finally, and got new fog light bulbs. Plans to get
> some Simmons wheels later in the year :) Yummy
>
> Andy S
>
> =====
> Visit my website http://andy.supras.org.nz
>
> Home of the 5MGE-->7MGTE conversion!

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 20:20:00 <Billy Arends>
Hi all my mk3 7mgte 1989 is my weekend toy,after buying it had new import engine fitted and head gasket repaired under warranty,(Owned it about 6 months now)
Saves me doing it,
Just lowered drivers seat as my head used to just about hit roof.Really comfotable now.
Fitted 2 1/2 " freeflow exhaust .
Engine etc goes great now, but will fit new intake air box and probably bigger intercooler.
Usual steering rack brackets need welding repairing ,in process of doing that.
Plan to redo leather upholstery on front seats
Not planning major upgrades at this stage but do read about the mods others are doing.(Really great stuff)
My car is a 1989 wide body NZ new silver 3.0I turbo.
Just plan to use and enjoy car.

Cheers Billy Arends.

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 21:40:00 <Ian>
hi all, my first supra was the one andy is selling now which i didnt have long as a friend had an aeroroof that i wanted to buy but wouldnt sell it, then after i brought andys current one he decided to sell his aeroroof so i brought it painted it dodge viper red then put silver shelby stripes about a year later the same aeroroof owner asked if i wanted a version manual "R" for a parts car for $4500 i brought it striped it (with andy and marcs help/guidence) and transplanted it into the aeroroof got 3 sweet months out of it draged it once then chrashed it into a curb a rather large tree and a concrete fence the car is now striped again and looking for another aeroroof to be transplanted into.
CURRENT STATUS 250,000 PIECES

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 23:00:00 <Pat Davison>
Hi all,
My Mk 111 7m/w58 is still chugging along, done 205K now. Valve stem seals are stuffed, but engine still runs OK.
Only use it on the open road, gets a trip every 3rd or 4th weekend.
Was going to spend some money on it, but at this stage will leave it and watch what Mk 1V prices are doing I think.
Cheers,
Pat D

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 23:11:00 <Rick Lussi>
Hi all

My 1989 MK3 7MGTE is used every day and still going strong. It's aproaching
the 200k mark and is in need of a paint job.
It's running standard boost and is unmodified apart form the 3" exhaust it
has had since before it came in to the country 4 1/2 years ago. I can't
justify any mods, it's a company car. It goes ok though, I get it up to some
good speeds when I race down to the fire station (volunteer at Mercer).
I am planning to get it re-sprayed, has anybody got any recommendations as
to where to take it or where not to take it?

Cheers

Rick.

> time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing with your car
> at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what engine are you running, what do
> you use ur supra for, daily driving + some recreational sport?
>
> post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)

> The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 23:29:00 <aj hunter>
Hi Everyone,

My 1989 MKIII 7M-GTE 3.0L manual shifter (factory,
thank god!) is up to 137k now but everything still
works and it's in great shape thanks to long runs and
synthetic oil in everything.
Since I got it in `99 it's had a new clutch master
cylinder, an air cleaner, a battery and a couple of
new resistors in the heater control... and that's it.
Apart from 3 inch exhaust, the K&N filter and an air
intake hose it's basically stock. I follow the changes
that other people have made to theirs with great
interest, but I don't have that kind of money myself,
so I just keep it polished and do the prescribed
maintenance.
Boring I know, but it's my only form of transport.

The only thing it's missing is a grey plastic shroud
that goes over the top passenger's side seat belt
bolt, and if anyone's got one of those lying around or
could tell me how you adjust the front seat headrests
I'd be very grateful.

cheers
AJ

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-18 23:54:00 <Suze>
Wow it's really good to hear what ya'll are doin with ya cars :D with
modifying there is some cost but i think it depends on how much you
can do yourself, i've only spent $3500 including buying the car with 1
full rebuild, 2 head gasket jobs and my current mods, but admittedly i
do have alot of contacts and have gotten things very cheap if not free
hehe

i think for the cheap easy power way out would be just the typical 2
1/2 or 3" exhaust (depending on how loud ya like it ;) hehe) intake
10psi and even just look around for some alloy pipes you can use to
improve the factory intercooler piping as the 7mgte piping is very
restrictive... i think the results of that would keep most happy :)

AJ... we should have a grey seatbelt shroud here somewhere i'll let
you know if we find one :)

The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)

Re: re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 00:07:00 <Brenda>
Hiya All,
I have a '91' 2.5L, er no a 2.0L um er, I don't really know
what I have. I'll make this easier I think, I have a GA70 chassis registered
as a 2.5 Supra which also has 2.5 factory badging all round. But alas only
the 2.0L motor so I am currently putting in a fully rebuilt 7M GTE. Thanks
Brett, the head is fine.
Current mods are: signwriting down the side of the car says "Supra"
but the signwriter put the S upside down. A better intercooler and piping.
Oh I nearly forgot my boost gauge.

Cheers Brenda

PS: It's enjoyable to read all the special little bits everyone has done to
their cars

> My 1989 MKIII 7M-GTE 3.0L manual shifter (factory,
> thank god!) is up to 137k now but everything still
> works and it's in great shape thanks to long runs and
> synthetic oil in everything.
> Since I got it in `99 it's had a new clutch master
> cylinder, an air cleaner, a battery and a couple of
> new resistors in the heater control... and that's it.
> Apart from 3 inch exhaust, the K&N filter and an air
> intake hose it's basically stock. I follow the changes
> that other people have made to theirs with great
> interest, but I don't have that kind of money myself,
> so I just keep it polished and do the prescribed
> maintenance.
> Boring I know, but it's my only form of transport.
>
> The only thing it's missing is a grey plastic shroud
> that goes over the top passenger's side seat belt
> bolt, and if anyone's got one of those lying around or
> could tell me how you adjust the front seat headrests
> I'd be very grateful.
>
> cheers
> AJ

RE: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 01:16:00 <john shannon>

Well were do i start

Its a 1990 2.5 twinturbo R well it was lol

I have had the car for about 2 half years god time gos fast be for this i have had s4 rx7 13b turbo rs legacy even a mitsubishi Evo 1 but thay were all to slow for what i wanted so i looked at about 6 or 7 supras becouse i have all way liked them but i did get a bit put off becouse the ones i had a look at were to slow for what i wanted it for so i all most went and got a grt skyline but a day befor i was told about a supra with a 2.5Ltr twinturbo so i went and had a look well it was yes it was the one i paid cash for it there and then so i got it home that was a monday on the friday it was drag racing so off we went to try it out 14.4 all night that was good for a stock car and a good start for me first thing i did was air filter a pod from were the cat was 3 half inch exhaust hks cams then on the dyno 190rwkws not to bad then back on the strip i think it was suprafest 2003 with a best et of 13.5 now thats getting down there and from there it as been down the strip about 1500 times then things started to go wrong.

9 trannys gone 3 diffs about 6 turbos 2 engines blown on the strip.

Now we have got a 1.5jz 2jz block 1jz head big single to4r turbo 45mm wastegate large intercooler hks blow-off valve 550cc injectors 3 high-flow fuel pumps with surge tank adjustable fuel pressure regulator blitz electronic boost controller safc 2 bcf , scd  a very big high-flow pod filter soon will be tuned to run about 18psi about 400kws.

well this is some off the things we have done i could go on but i am falling a sleep here and i think you will be reading this.

And we are not stoping here we are still going for the 500rwks so bigger turbo coming hks51r so my t04r is up for sale.

>From: Suze <suprra@gmail.com>
>Subject: [sconz] whats the current status of everyones car
>Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:31:44 +1300
>
>time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing with your car
>at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what engine are you running, what do
>you use ur supra for, daily driving + some recreational sport?
>
>post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)
>
>--
>Cheers
>
>Suze
>The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)
>www.supra.co.nz
>
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/

Become a fitness fanatic with XtraMSN Health & Fitness!

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 10:23:00 <Nathan>
I have 1986 1g-gte

had for about two months, isn't being used atm as steering rack a bit crook but will get fixed asap.

This is a completely stock standard model not a thing done, part from me putting a turbo timer and 5 star alarm in.

It has done 141k, my plans once i payd it off is to maybe take the aircon out(as it dosn't go) custom intakea-cold air box and filter, exhaust and maybe bigger intercooler.

This is my 2nd supra had a 2.8l 1981, was a very good car but was on the way out an i sorter helped it.

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 11:19:00 <ksmaul>
Hey, ive got a 88 widebody facelift aerotop supra with approx 230kms on the
clock. Ive had it about two years, in that time ive repaired the radiator
twice, had the motor 7MGTE completely rebuilt, replaced pretty much every
hose under the bonnet, replaced the afm, blew the auto up at manfield doing
some drifting at a public track day(replaced with w55 and act clutch),
replaced all the bushes in the rear suspension, stripped the brakes and put
new seals in, pads, hoses, (still have to do the master cylinder - spongy
pedal). Just recently had the front suspension bushes replaced with poly
ones (car was all over the place). Had an accident involving me running out
of skill and plunging through a farmers fence (mostly cosmetic damage). Had
to get new licence plates as the front one was painted on by the previous
owner. Had to get the front windscreen replaced at about my 2nd wof
(thankyou insurance). Also just fitted second hand ignition switch as i was
having trouble starting the car. The power steering crapped out as i was
sitting on the lights and the pump filled the rack full of black crap. Had
some old fart drive straight into the side of the car over christmas -
through a giveway! (car suffered another stratch, but his front end got all
pushed in - ha ha ha). Then about a week later a kid on one of those 125cc
learner bikes just about went straight up the back of the car. Ive had two
car stereo's crap out in the car lately - gave me an excuse to put something
decent in. When i bought it the alloys on it had the wrong offset and
basically made the car handle like a complete dog, so i got some cheap 17's
off a mate. Also had a brake caliper bolt vibrate out and the top of the
brake hit the alloy wheel making a loud thumping noise, had to limp home at
super slow speed (quite embarassing). So yeah all the repairs have kept me
so busy i havent really had a chance to mod anything, have become pretty
well known at the local toyota dealership though. Ive just put a apexi rsm
in, and ive had the diff rebuilt with a brand new trd lsd center but it has
yet to be installed. Pulled out the uniden alarm - giving intermittant
problems and will be installing something better at some stage. Unless i can
get some reliable mileage out of it shortly i might have to look at getting
rid of it, or alternativly getting an exorcism! If i keep it its going to
need some panel and paint and new roof seals, also the rear hatch appears to
be leaking. Also got an 86 narrow body ga70 ive been using for parts. Um
that's about it - about the only things that havnt given problems are the
a/c and the turbo.

> time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing with your car
> at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what engine are you running, what do
> you use ur supra for, daily driving + some recreational sport?
>
> post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)

> The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 12:53:00 <Dave Thom>
Sounds like a very nice car man, just curious... how did you go about
lowering the drivers seat? :)

Dave

> Hi all my mk3 7mgte 1989 is my weekend toy,after buying it had new import
engine fitted and head gasket repaired under warranty,(Owned it about 6
months now)
> Saves me doing it,
> Just lowered drivers seat as my head used to just about hit roof.Really
comfotable now.
> Fitted 2 1/2 " freeflow exhaust .
> Engine etc goes great now, but will fit new intake air box and probably
bigger intercooler.
> Usual steering rack brackets need welding repairing ,in process of doing
that.
> Plan to redo leather upholstery on front seats
> Not planning major upgrades at this stage but do read about the mods
others are doing.(Really great stuff)
> My car is a 1989 wide body NZ new silver 3.0I turbo.
> Just plan to use and enjoy car.
>

> Cheers Billy Arends.

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 16:18:00 <5uprah@...>
Ok my turn.
No real changes to my car as of late.
Basic run down - was 1G-GEU 2L N/A auto, converted to
manual, 1G-GTE conversion. Now running single KKK K26 turbo
off an Audi 200. Turbo has done over 200K's and still feels
and goes like new. 1JZ intercooler with custom piping. Stock
clutch plate and 2200lbs pressure plate.

Running 9psi making 188rwkw. Running 13-14psi now and
feeling ALOT stronger enough to beat another manual XR6
turbo again today :P

Thats about all the mods that "count".

Hunt out.

> time for you all to chime in... what are you all doing
> with your car at the mo.. plans, body & engine, what
> engine are you running, what do you use ur supra for,
> daily driving + some recreational sport?
>
> post links pics or just rant and rave bout ur baby ;)

> The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
> http://www.turbo.co.nz

Re: re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 21:51:00 <Billy Arends>
Reply to Dave Thom.I lowered drivers seat by cutting only the rear mounting brackets where they meet the channel for seat to slide back and forward. Fitted flat metal plate to this area and bolts back up to original mounting bolt in floor. Had to panelbeat drive shaft tunnel a little so that seat belt bracketry doesn't catch.The beating of tunnel is only minor and the carpet covers it. Will do passenger seat some time to match.

Cheers Billy

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 22:19:00 <Stu2>
Right, now that I've managed to log in (been having login probs of late) I can now say something.. yipee!

My "oh so factory" bog standard super-stock MK3 has had a few minor mods to it - starting with rebuilding the top end - yep - BHG about June last year. I knew it was on its way when I bought the car, so it wasn't so much of a drama. Head was planed, new valve stem seals, valves reseated etc - total of $1100 worth of work on the head alone.

Bolted back on with factory bolts and stock gasket. Thought about ARP studs etc but finances precluded that idea, plus I don't have any plans to turn it into a speedracer at this stage - it's my daily driver when I get sick of the work van.

Pod filter was fitted when I bought the car, as was my freebie MOMO steering wheel (which is off some other brand of car which I won't mention here) - suffice it to say the wheel cost me nothing, although the boss kit was a different story.
Filter needs an air box built around it though coz it's sucking hot engine bay air and reducing performance dramatically when the car is warm.

Just recently fitted a boost guage (thanks Suzy) and WOOHOO!! I'm pushing a whole 5 PSI .... wow - like, feel the power man .. NOT.

Been mucking around with the interior - did some "upholstery" work on the doors and fitted new fabric panels in place of the "I think I want to puke" burgundy whorehouse red ones, and sprayed the vinyl parts of the door panel with black vinyl/fabric spray. Looks great but it peels if it gets scratched so back to the drawing board on that issue. Same problem with the plastic door sill trims, and that was using ordinary VHT black spray.

Still trying to work out how to change the colour of the seats without spending much $.

Took the rear hatch to bits, as much as I could, and pooed up the holes with RTV - thought it should be leak-proof but no - mr Nippon has got me again, it still leaks. Dammit all = poor design feature.

Noticed rust stain today, on paint under lefthand quarterlight window at rear, which means body is rusting behind window. Anyone know how to get these windows out?

Diff is making whirring noise, think it might be low on fluid so have bought a pack, must jack it up soon and fill it.

Lots of plans in mind for mods - lowering, mags, low profiles, big bore, etc etc - but I need to replace work van before anything else so all money is being saved for that.
Plus I wanna buy a house and blah blah blah so who knows, might have to sell the Supra to cover some costs... hmmmm...

That's me.

Re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-19 22:50:00 <Suze>
lol 5psi hehe... we'll fix that right up for ya :P

SELL THE SUPRA!!! How dare you speak those sacriligeous words LOL

funny thing about the diff... the borrowed supra i've got does the
same lol... jet plane landing... think it might be too late for that
one ;)

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:01:32 -0000, Stu2 <happydayradio@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Right, now that I've managed to log in (been having login probs of late) I can now say something.. yipee!
>
> My "oh so factory" bog standard super-stock MK3 has had a few minor mods to it - starting with rebuilding the top end - yep - BHG about June last year. I knew it was on its way when I bought the car, so it wasn't so much of a drama. Head was planed, new valve stem seals, valves reseated etc - total of $1100 worth of work on the head alone.
>
> Bolted back on with factory bolts and stock gasket. Thought about ARP studs etc but finances precluded that idea, plus I don't have any plans to turn it into a speedracer at this stage - it's my daily driver when I get sick of the work van.
>
> Pod filter was fitted when I bought the car, as was my freebie MOMO steering wheel (which is off some other brand of car which I won't mention here) - suffice it to say the wheel cost me nothing, although the boss kit was a different story.
> Filter needs an air box built around it though coz it's sucking hot engine bay air and reducing performance dramatically when the car is warm.
>
> Just recently fitted a boost guage (thanks Suzy) and WOOHOO!! I'm pushing a whole 5 PSI .... wow - like, feel the power man .. NOT.
>
> Been mucking around with the interior - did some "upholstery" work on the doors and fitted new fabric panels in place of the "I think I want to puke" burgundy whorehouse red ones, and sprayed the vinyl parts of the door panel with black vinyl/fabric spray. Looks great but it peels if it gets scratched so back to the drawing board on that issue. Same problem with the plastic door sill trims, and that was using ordinary VHT black spray.
>
> Still trying to work out how to change the colour of the seats without spending much $.
>
> Took the rear hatch to bits, as much as I could, and pooed up the holes with RTV - thought it should be leak-proof but no - mr Nippon has got me again, it still leaks. Dammit all = poor design feature.
>
> Noticed rust stain today, on paint under lefthand quarterlight window at rear, which means body is rusting behind window. Anyone know how to get these windows out?
>
> Diff is making whirring noise, think it might be low on fluid so have bought a pack, must jack it up soon and fill it.
>
> Lots of plans in mind for mods - lowering, mags, low profiles, big bore, etc etc - but I need to replace work van before anything else so all money is being saved for that.
> Plus I wanna buy a house and blah blah blah so who knows, might have to sell the Supra to cover some costs... hmmmm...
>
> That's me.

The Real Deal Hack Machine ;)

Re: re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-20 09:34:00 <ksmaul>
hey, about the upholstery i did this a few years back didnt like the
burgundy colour either, anyways i found that on the vinyl the best finish i
got was with plain old vht matt black ( yes i realise this sounds pretty
dodgy - but it drys really fast and it never wore through ). It also works
ok on plastic, you just have to do thin coats until all the red is gone then
put some armourall or something similar over it so it looks nice and shiny.

cheers, kyle

> Right, now that I've managed to log in (been having login probs of late) I
> can now say something.. yipee!
>
> My "oh so factory" bog standard super-stock MK3 has had a few minor mods
> to it - starting with rebuilding the top end - yep - BHG about June last
> year. I knew it was on its way when I bought the car, so it wasn't so much
> of a drama. Head was planed, new valve stem seals, valves reseated etc -
> total of $1100 worth of work on the head alone.
>
> Bolted back on with factory bolts and stock gasket. Thought about ARP
> studs etc but finances precluded that idea, plus I don't have any plans to
> turn it into a speedracer at this stage - it's my daily driver when I get
> sick of the work van.
>
> Pod filter was fitted when I bought the car, as was my freebie MOMO
> steering wheel (which is off some other brand of car which I won't mention
> here) - suffice it to say the wheel cost me nothing, although the boss kit
> was a different story.
> Filter needs an air box built around it though coz it's sucking hot engine
> bay air and reducing performance dramatically when the car is warm.
>
> Just recently fitted a boost guage (thanks Suzy) and WOOHOO!! I'm pushing
> a whole 5 PSI .... wow - like, feel the power man .. NOT.
>
> Been mucking around with the interior - did some "upholstery" work on the
> doors and fitted new fabric panels in place of the "I think I want to
> puke" burgundy whorehouse red ones, and sprayed the vinyl parts of the
> door panel with black vinyl/fabric spray. Looks great but it peels if it
> gets scratched so back to the drawing board on that issue. Same problem
> with the plastic door sill trims, and that was using ordinary VHT black
> spray.
>
> Still trying to work out how to change the colour of the seats without
> spending much $.
>
> Took the rear hatch to bits, as much as I could, and pooed up the holes
> with RTV - thought it should be leak-proof but no - mr Nippon has got me
> again, it still leaks. Dammit all = poor design feature.
>
> Noticed rust stain today, on paint under lefthand quarterlight window at
> rear, which means body is rusting behind window. Anyone know how to get
> these windows out?
>
> Diff is making whirring noise, think it might be low on fluid so have
> bought a pack, must jack it up soon and fill it.
>
> Lots of plans in mind for mods - lowering, mags, low profiles, big bore,
> etc etc - but I need to replace work van before anything else so all money
> is being saved for that.
> Plus I wanna buy a house and blah blah blah so who knows, might have to
> sell the Supra to cover some costs... hmmmm...
>
> That's me.

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-21 14:58:00 <james>
'89 GT Limited, 5 speed, 7MGTE
Still off the road!
Things to do - get head reconditioned, detail engine bay while head is out, re-assemble engine, get compliance & registration.

Mods that came with car - 17 x 8 front, 17 x 9 rear VOLK Racing
forged alloy rims, lowered springs (not sure what type) with GAB shocks, 3in cat back exhaust with 5 Zigen muffler & tip, front strut brace, Momo steering wheel.

Mods doing at moment with head - braided brake lines, slotted rotors , large twin thermo fans, hi flow turbo elbow, 3in dump pipe,hi flow cat, 2.5in intercooler hard pipe kit, Bilstein shocks, HKS strut tops, braided clutch line.

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-23 16:28:00 <Andrew Loader>
My main day to day drive is a 89 limited GT 7m-GTE manual 120,000km
Had BHG was fixed under warrenty went again fixed it my with self steel head gasket and arp bolts done about 25,000km since. The only other mood is the boost is set to about 11psi and I fitted a turbo timer. The only other problem I have had is the brakes running out of grunt. But fixed them as much as i could with out spending lots of money. Will upgrade the rotors soon. I have had it for about 4 years and love it. Other things I have replaced are the front A arm bushes and lower ball joints. lots of tires usually the rear ones for some strange reason. goes really well.

Also have a 82 Ma61 5M-GE done about 225,000km's still going well just had to replace the exhaust manifold as it had cracked could not get a good one so had one welded up. I have reconditioned the brakes they are great now. I am going to paint it soon, as the original paint is just about gone and the typicall rust needs to be fixed.

looking a buying a mark IV they are getting cheaper but will only settle for a 6 speed turbo 1996 or newer so will have to wait a little while longer.
or maybe building a 1UZ power mark III with a big turbo but have not finished my current project.

cheers

Andrew

re: whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-27 12:03:00 <Adrian Watson>
Well when it is not parked up outside John S's office in whatever state of disrepair it tends to be in most of the time, it is an 89 7m. So far I have had it for about 18 months, and in that time, have given it a 3in exhaust from the Turbo back, a pod filter, and a boost controller, which won't hold the boost over 5 psi, but will allow it to spike up to 10. So far John and Suze have rebuilt the bottom end once, big end bearings, etc, and rebuilt the turbo twice. From what I have just read on here, it sounds like the diff is about to throw all it's toys out of the sandpit. Concequently (sp?) I have had enough of the 7m, and the navy is sending me overseas for 6 months, and giving me far more money than I can possibly spend in that time, so while I'm away, the 7m is coming out, and a 1jz is going in. Correct me if I am wrong in saying any of this, or if I have missed something John

Re: re:whats the current status of everyones car   2005-02-28 08:20:00 <Brenda>
Don't forget the new brakes it needs and rear shocks as well. It'll feel
like a new car by the time it's done lol.

Cheers Brenda