(was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-10 22:59:00 <Marc Archbold>

Great looking car, how much did you pay for it?

BTW, I picked up today a full Manual R154 Conversion kit for My JZ70 complete
with Manual 'R' 4.1 Torsen diff, driveshaft, pedal, slave/master cyls.
No more slush box.

All I need is the manual brake pedal, and possibly a manual centre console -
does anyone have any of these items for sale?

Regards,
Marc Archbold

>> On 11/10/05, Looonie <supras@boost.org.nz> wrote:
> >
> > And for all my fans who haven't been privy to the updates... I'm back
> in a
> > Supra too :D
> > 1989 MA70 GT Limited, 79,000kms on the clock with a 104,000km 7m-gte
> just
> > installed... Completely stock at present, awaiting a few minor bits
> for
> > re-vinning and then I'm gonna have to restrain myself from spending $$
> on it
> > and saving it for the Soarer :)
> > http://www.boost.org.nz/Media/My%20Cars/Supra For all photos I
> presently
> > have of the beauty...
> >
> > Regards
> > Dave Thom
> > Technical Manager
> > 029 566 6643

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-10 23:07:00 <Hunt M>
Good score on the conversion parts Marc!! I wont dare ask how much they cost
:)

When I did my conversion I had to cut about 15mm of the tunnel as the
tailshaft where the gearstick pokes up was further back than my original
auto hole would allow. Is the R154 like this?

> Great looking car, how much did you pay for it?
>
> BTW, I picked up today a full Manual R154 Conversion kit for My JZ70
complete
> with Manual 'R' 4.1 Torsen diff, driveshaft, pedal, slave/master cyls.
> No more slush box.
>
> All I need is the manual brake pedal, and possibly a manual centre
console -
> does anyone have any of these items for sale?
>

> Regards,
> Marc Archbold
>

> >> On 11/10/05, Looonie <supras@boost.org.nz> wrote:
> > >
> > > And for all my fans who haven't been privy to the updates... I'm back
> > in a
> > > Supra too :D
> > > 1989 MA70 GT Limited, 79,000kms on the clock with a 104,000km 7m-gte
> > just
> > > installed... Completely stock at present, awaiting a few minor bits
> > for
> > > re-vinning and then I'm gonna have to restrain myself from spending $$
> > on it
> > > and saving it for the Soarer :)
> > > http://www.boost.org.nz/Media/My%20Cars/Supra For all photos I
> > presently
> > > have of the beauty...
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Dave Thom
> > > Technical Manager
> > > 029 566 6643

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-10 23:40:00 <Looonie>
As it stands now the car owes me about 3k I think...

$1500 for the car
$660 for the engine
$200 for brand new brake rotors and pads all round
$100 for new fluids throughout
$560 for revinning process

Regarding manual centre console, they're the same as the auto ones but with
a metal bracket and a boot sitting in the hole... A guy bought my old one to
get another made up, I think his name was Andrew Loader, maybe he still has
the old one or the template to get another made up?

Regards

Dave Thom
Technical Manager
029 566 6643
> Great looking car, how much did you pay for it?
>
> BTW, I picked up today a full Manual R154 Conversion kit for My JZ70
> complete
> with Manual 'R' 4.1 Torsen diff, driveshaft, pedal, slave/master cyls.
> No more slush box.
>
> All I need is the manual brake pedal, and possibly a manual centre
> console -
> does anyone have any of these items for sale?
>

> Regards,
> Marc Archbold
>

>>> On 11/10/05, Looonie <supras@boost.org.nz> wrote:
>> >
>> > And for all my fans who haven't been privy to the updates... I'm back
>> in a
>> > Supra too :D
>> > 1989 MA70 GT Limited, 79,000kms on the clock with a 104,000km 7m-gte
>> just
>> > installed... Completely stock at present, awaiting a few minor bits
>> for
>> > re-vinning and then I'm gonna have to restrain myself from spending $$
>> on it
>> > and saving it for the Soarer :)
>> > http://www.boost.org.nz/Media/My%20Cars/Supra For all photos I
>> presently
>> > have of the beauty...
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Dave Thom
>> > Technical Manager
>> > 029 566 6643

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-10 23:43:00 <john shannon>

My turbo cost more than that lol

>As it stands now the car owes me about 3k I think...
>
>$1500 for the car
>$660 for the engine
>$200 for brand new brake rotors and pads all round
>$100 for new fluids throughout
>$560 for revinning process
>
>Regarding manual centre console, they're the same as the auto ones
>but with a metal bracket and a boot sitting in the hole... A guy
>bought my old one to get another made up, I think his name was
>Andrew Loader, maybe he still has the old one or the template to get
>another made up?
>
>Regards
>
>Dave Thom
>Technical Manager
>029 566 6643
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Archbold"
><marc.a@paradise.net.nz>
>Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:58 PM
>Subject: [sconz] (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted
>

>>Great looking car, how much did you pay for it?
>>
>>BTW, I picked up today a full Manual R154 Conversion kit for My
>>JZ70 complete
>>with Manual 'R' 4.1 Torsen diff, driveshaft, pedal, slave/master
>>cyls.
>>No more slush box.
>>
>>All I need is the manual brake pedal, and possibly a manual centre
>>console -
>>does anyone have any of these items for sale?
>>

>>Regards,
>>Marc Archbold

>>>I'm back
>>>in a
>>>7m-gte
>>>just
>>>bits
>>>for
>>>spending $$
>>>on it
>>>presently

>>---
>>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/
>>Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
>>http://www.turbo.co.nz
>>

>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/
>Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
>http://www.turbo.co.nz

Read the latest Hollywood gossip at XtraMSN Entertainment

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 10:10:00 <Marc Archbold>

> Good score on the conversion parts Marc!! I wont dare ask how much they
> cost

Sure, $1700 - hows that? Along with the Manual Torsen 4.1 diff they had an
Auto 3.9 torsen as well, for which we paid $300. Not bad eh.

The importer/wrecker was quite obliging and took the back cover off to verify
ratio and type while we were there. Interesting that the ratio was stamped
into the ring gear

> When I did my conversion I had to cut about 15mm of the tunnel as the
> tailshaft where the gearstick pokes up was further back than my
> original
> auto hole would allow. Is the R154 like this?

That's odd, you should not have needed to.
Did you pull the items from another Supra? Also, when we converted Ian's Auto
GA70 (1G-GTE) to 1JZ R154 manual, it simply bolted up.

Regards,
Marc

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 10:23:00 <Looonie>
Would that obliging wrecker happen to have a 1jz-gte with loom and ecu lying
around? And a 2jz-ge with manual box attached? :)

Why did you have to cut the tunnel Hunt? What type of shifter is your box?

Regards

Dave Thom
Technical Manager
029 566 6643
>> Good score on the conversion parts Marc!! I wont dare ask how much they
>> cost
>
> Sure, $1700 - hows that? Along with the Manual Torsen 4.1 diff they had
> an
> Auto 3.9 torsen as well, for which we paid $300. Not bad eh.
>
> The importer/wrecker was quite obliging and took the back cover off to
> verify
> ratio and type while we were there. Interesting that the ratio was
> stamped
> into the ring gear
>

>> When I did my conversion I had to cut about 15mm of the tunnel as the
>> tailshaft where the gearstick pokes up was further back than my
>> original
>> auto hole would allow. Is the R154 like this?
>
> That's odd, you should not have needed to.
> Did you pull the items from another Supra? Also, when we converted Ian's
> Auto
> GA70 (1G-GTE) to 1JZ R154 manual, it simply bolted up.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 10:33:00 <Marc Archbold>

Give Graham a call - 03 615 5175, they're located in Temuka (Just north of
Timaru) Im pretty sure they had a 1JZ there.

Cheers,
Marc

> Would that obliging wrecker happen to have a 1jz-gte with loom and ecu
> lying
> around? And a 2jz-ge with manual box attached? :)
>
> Why did you have to cut the tunnel Hunt? What type of shifter is your
> box?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave Thom
> Technical Manager
> 029 566 6643

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 10:40:00 <Hunt M>
Damm you haha :)

Good on ya Marc for getting a good deal - but you shouldn't modify your
car - all your going to do is lower the resale value of it - let me take
those items off your hands for $1700 :)

>> Good score on the conversion parts Marc!! I wont dare ask how much they
>> cost
>
> Sure, $1700 - hows that? Along with the Manual Torsen 4.1 diff they had
> an
> Auto 3.9 torsen as well, for which we paid $300. Not bad eh.
>
> The importer/wrecker was quite obliging and took the back cover off to
> verify
> ratio and type while we were there. Interesting that the ratio was
> stamped
> into the ring gear
>

>> When I did my conversion I had to cut about 15mm of the tunnel as the
>> tailshaft where the gearstick pokes up was further back than my
>> original
>> auto hole would allow. Is the R154 like this?
>
> That's odd, you should not have needed to.
> Did you pull the items from another Supra? Also, when we converted Ian's
> Auto
> GA70 (1G-GTE) to 1JZ R154 manual, it simply bolted up.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 10:51:00 <Marc Archbold>

> Damm you haha :)
> Good on ya Marc for getting a good deal - but you shouldn't modify your
> car - all your going to do is lower the resale value of it - let me take
> those items off your hands for $1700 :)

I'll be keeping all of the original parts, so no problem there. Yes, I even
have the factory stereo...

Cheers,
Marc

Re: (was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 13:16:00 <Jason Tomlins>
http://www.speedtoys.com/~stryder/w58vsr154/w58vsr154.html

Thats the spot a supra W58 stick is spose to be if in the shorter postion then needs the floor cut as to far foward

Re: Re:(was) Back - Manual conversion + Wanted   2005-11-11 13:43:00 <Looonie>
Speaking of W58's... I'm selling mine if you know anyone who wants one
Jason... Rear shifter out of MKIII turbo... What would you sell it for if
you ever got one in stock? :)

Regards

Dave Thom
Technical Manager