Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 12:24:00 <Hunt M>
Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors on a 1G-GTE? :)

Re: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 12:29:00 <Andy S>
I think it's 3 sets of 2 like the 7M. Oh I really
don't know. You don't mean the spark plug firing order
do you?

Andy S

--- Hunt M <5uprah@supras.co.nz> wrote:

> Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors
> on a 1G-GTE? :)
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand -
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Visit my website http://andy.supras.org.nz

Home of the 5MGE-->7MGTE conversion!

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 12:53:00 <Cully Paterson>
The chances are that there is no 'firing' order so to speak. As Andy
has pointed out, the 1G is a batch fire set up: the injectors aren't
timed to coincide with the ignition cycle (there's no point - if you're
running 50% duty cycle then the injector is open for half of the
revolution between ignition events, so timing it to coincide with
ignition doesn't gain you anything*). You can work out whether it's 1
batch of 6, 2 of 3, or 3 of 2 quite easily...

All six injectors will have a common earth. You'll most likely find
that there is one common colour wire on all the injector leads - if you
connect an ohm meter to these then you'll find they all connect. The
other side of the injector plugs will be the ones that are batched
together. Stick your meter on the #1 injector, then test the other five
to see if they're connected. You'll soon discover which ones are
batched.

Don't forget to unplug the injectors before you do this, or you'll just
get bogus results.

Cully

* Sequential injection does help a bit at idle and low revs, but not a
whole lot.

_____

Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors on a 1G-GTE?
:)
Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Re: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 13:36:00 <Hunt M>
Well yes - they aren't sequential at all - the common and the "live" wires join up together at the ECU - so the ECU only has 2 injector out puts - one common one live

I just thought it was interesting

Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors on a 1G-GTE? :)

Re: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 14:03:00 <Marc Archbold>

Is it possible that the real question was:
'What is the difference between Sequential and batch fire injection?'

> Well yes - they aren't sequential at all - the common and the "live"
> wires join up together at the ECU - so the ECU only has 2 injector out
> puts - one common one live
>
> I just thought it was interesting

RE: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 15:04:00 <Hunt M>
No - the real question was what is the firing order for injectors for a
1G-GTE, 'What is the difference between Sequential and batch fire
injection?' is a good one as well

Re: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 19:45:00 <Kevin Davis>
Ha Ha, I've just been through this with the MkII + 1ggte I picked up. Not only did the engine have the wrong injectors fitted, but who ever had been doing the wiring had all of the injectors wired together too! I also found it odd having the injectors set up as 2 lots of 3 (1,3,5 and 2,4,6) but at least the engine runs well now (not counting poked turbo's)
BTW Hunt, it its a gen 3 1G then the two wires are for each set of 3 injectors, not a common and earth, the second wires on the injectors just go to earth
Well yes - they aren't sequential at all - the common and the "live" wires join up together at the ECU - so the ECU only has 2 injector out puts - one common one live

I just thought it was interesting

Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors on a 1G-GTE? :)

Re: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 19:48:00 <Kevin Davis>
Hang on, It may actually be the injectors share a common power source and the ECU earths the injectors to fire them
Ha Ha, I've just been through this with the MkII + 1ggte I picked up. Not only did the engine have the wrong injectors fitted, but who ever had been doing the wiring had all of the injectors wired together too! I also found it odd having the injectors set up as 2 lots of 3 (1,3,5 and 2,4,6) but at least the engine runs well now (not counting poked turbo's)
BTW Hunt, it its a gen 3 1G then the two wires are for each set of 3 injectors, not a common and earth, the second wires on the injectors just go to earth
Well yes - they aren't sequential at all - the common and the "live" wires join up together at the ECU - so the ECU only has 2 injector out puts - one common one live

I just thought it was interesting

Who can tell me the "firing" order of the injectors on a 1G-GTE? :)

RE: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 21:09:00 <Peter Nield \(DSL AK\)>
Bingo!

________________________________

Hang on, It may actually be the injectors share a common power source
and the ECU earths the injectors to fire them

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: Wednesday Quiz   2006-03-29 23:20:00 <Hunt M>
It is a 3rd Gen 1G and there are only 2 injector wires coming out of the ECU
- positive and negative basically - these run along and branch off to each
injector - i.e. they all fire at the same time! :o

_____