wastegates   2006-07-02 17:50:00 <Matthew Adair>
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Exhaust/auction-61507911.htm

can anyone tell me if those are any good? seem pretty well priced, but is it a case of you get what you pay?

should i be looking at something more expensive or will that be fine?

cheers

Re: wastegates   2006-07-02 18:01:00 <suprra girl>
yep you get what you pay for ;)
john s is running one and it's doing fine on boost, not leaking etc
i'll be running the 40mm wastegate on mine too
hell for the price in a year i'll replace it LOL

On 7/2/06, Matthew Adair <prisoner45@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Exhaust/auction-61507911.htm
>
> can anyone tell me if those are any good? seem pretty well priced, but is
> it a case of you get what you pay?
>
> should i be looking at something more expensive or will that be fine?
>
> cheers

Re: wastegates   2006-07-02 18:06:00 <Looonie>
You just contradicted yourself by saying "yes you get what you pay for" then turning around and saying that John runs one and its working fine and that you will be running one?

I've heard that these cheap ones leak due to a issue with the diaphragm design, but I can't really confirm as I've never used/seen one used...
john s is running one and it's doing fine on boost, not leaking etc
i'll be running the 40mm wastegate on mine too
hell for the price in a year i'll replace it LOL

can anyone tell me if those are any good? seem pretty well priced, but is it a case of you get what you pay?

should i be looking at something more expensive or will that be fine?

cheers

Re: wastegates   2006-07-02 18:36:00 <suprra girl>
how did i contradict myself?

i never said that they "don't" work at all
just they don't last as a quality one would

*warning flamewar ahead*

On 7/2/06, Looonie <supras@boost.org.nz> wrote:

> You just contradicted yourself by saying "yes you get what you pay for"
> then turning around and saying that John runs one and its working fine and
> that you will be running one?
>
> I've heard that these cheap ones leak due to a issue with the diaphragm
> design, but I can't really confirm as I've never used/seen one used...

Re: wastegates   2006-07-02 19:24:00 <john shannon>

I am running a 50mm one and my boost always stay at the boost i put into it and never drop, i was told that these wastegate are made in the same place as hks are made, if that make sence.

john s is running one and it's doing fine on boost, not leaking etc
i'll be running the 40mm wastegate on mine too
hell for the price in a year i'll replace it LOL

On 7/2/06, Matthew Adair <prisoner45@hotmail.com
> wrote:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Exhaust/auction-61507911.htm

can anyone tell me if those are any good? seem pretty well priced, but is it a case of you get what you pay?

should i be looking at something more expensive or will that be fine?

cheers
---
Supra Club of New Zealand -

http://www.turbo.co.nz

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Looking for love? Check out XtraMSN Personals

Re: wastegates   2006-07-02 20:54:00 <Jason Tomlins>
"hks style" = copy sent to china coped buy somone who didnt want to spend the dollars on R&D but made a usable "replica"

Why pay $600 ?? its only a wastegate if its monitored what harm can it do ...........

RE: wastegates   2006-07-02 21:02:00 <Hanre Van Rensburg>
Dave I actually spoke to Simon about these cheap wastegates a while back and
he said the same thing.

Better to spend the moolaH and get a real good quality one IMHO...

_____