7m overheating.   2006-07-03 08:44:00 <skorpn@...>
i have a 7mgte. its running 8psi with a pod and exhaust. sometimes when i boost for a bit (more then just 1st and 2nd gear acceleration) she starts to overheat. ne ideas on how to fix it cheaply. i have alredy spent a bundle on fixing the headgasket

RE: 7m overheating.   2006-07-03 09:25:00 <Cully Paterson>
Chances are that if you've already done a headgasket and it's still
overheating, either:
A: The job wasn't done right, or
B: Your radiator is clogged with debris from the BHG.

Get your radiator rodded first off. There's a good chance that that's
all it'll be.

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-03 19:35:00 <Looonie>
Spend another bundle fixing the head gasket properly...

And make sure you're still running the stock belt driven fan not some skanky
supercheap electric fans that can't push enough air to cool the engine
(speaking from experience :()

>i have a 7mgte. its running 8psi with a pod and exhaust. sometimes when i
>boost for a bit (more then just 1st and 2nd gear acceleration) she starts
>to overheat. ne ideas on how to fix it cheaply. i have alredy spent a
>bundle on fixing the headgasket

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 11:24:00 <Hunt M>
Speaking of getting the radiator de-clogged - where and how much for this?

Chances are that if you've already done a headgasket and it's still
overheating, either:
A: The job wasn't done right, or
B: Your radiator is clogged with debris from the BHG.

Get your radiator rodded first off. There's a good chance that that's
all it'll be.

RE: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 11:25:00 <Cully Paterson>
North Harbour Radiators, Parity Place, Glenfield. (Alan - strange guy,
but does a good job).

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 11:27:00 <suprra girl>
bout $70 odd bucks on my side of town

On 7/4/06, Hunt M <5uprah@supras.co.nz> wrote:

> Speaking of getting the radiator de-clogged - where and how much for this?

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 11:29:00 <Hunt M>
Thanks Cully n Suze.

last thing a new engine wants is too cook itself :P

North Harbour Radiators, Parity Place, Glenfield. (Alan - strange guy,
but does a good job).

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 11:34:00 <suprra girl>
oh but it's more fun to forget something important and watch all the work go
down the drain lol

haha na j/k.. yea get that thing cleaned out :)

On 7/4/06, Hunt M <5uprah@supras.co.nz> wrote:

> Thanks Cully n Suze.
>
> last thing a new engine wants is too cook itself :P

RE: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 12:23:00 <Linton, David>
I would have thought any engine, not just "new"

last thing a new engine wants is too cook itself :P

Re: 7m overheating.   2006-07-04 12:25:00 <Hunt M>
well yes however the tolerances for heat and expansion on a new engine a less than a "worn" one - but that's not my point.