Wastegate Springs   2007-02-12 16:26:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
Where can I get these from? And how do I test or find out which one I should be using? I want it to be 10-11psi. The one I've got now is around the 6psi mark.

RE: Wastegate Springs   2007-02-12 16:30:00 <Cully Paterson>
There are a few spring manufacturers around Akl (sorry, can't recall any
names right now, but I've had one manufactured locally in the past).
Remove your current one, take it to them, and ask for one that's 75%
stronger. The opening pressure of the wastegate is linear with the
spring pressure, so you ought to be able to get a reasonably accurate
one made provided you know for sure what your old one is doing.

Re: Wastegate Springs   2007-02-12 16:30:00 <Marc Archbold>

John Shannon had a contact for these, but Im not sure if the source will ever
ship to NZ again :)

Ouch.

> Where can I get these from? And how do I test or find out which one I
> should be using? I want it to be 10-11psi. The one I've got now is
> around the 6psi mark.

RE: Wastegate Springs   2007-02-12 16:33:00 <Doig, Richard>
Snell Springs.