Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 15:05:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
I posted this on SupraForums:

>"I have the exact same problem.
I feel my smoke is blue/grey rather than white however.
There is oil after the turbo in the intercooler pipes, but nothing at the
throttle body end of the intercooler piping. Does this mean it's vapourized
by the time it gets to the T/B or maybe its just not enough to be an issue?

I don't understand why it only smokes when I lift off. It cant be the turbo
as its not white.
I thought:
White = unburnt oil (i.e. turbo and not in the combustion chamber)
Grey/Blue = Burnt oil, (i.e. entering the combustion chamber somehow)
Is the above correct?"

The reply I got was:

>"Hunt - Your turbo PCV system has to have vacuum pull from the turbo
>intake. Theres no other way around it.

Oil from the compressor seal or PVC system is blue, grey, or white.

Oil comming from the turbine seal is PURE WHITE.

Most turbo smoking comes from:

-Too small or dirty air filter
-Small drain line (must be -10 or larger)
-Too large of feed line. Must be no larger than -4.
-Kinked or clogged drain line
-Broken PCV system. A turbo must see vacuum internally to seal propperly
-Imbalanced turbine assembly (unit must be rebuilt)
-Dying turbo charger (Again, rebuild time)"

What are your thoughts on these comments?

Find the coolest online games @ http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming

re: Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 15:11:00 <Jason Tomlins>
ASS U Me Your turbo is ok and not floping around like my rebuild was after 2 months

Change your dyno oil to fully synthetic probelm solved.

RE: Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 15:36:00 <Cully Paterson>

Erm, think we may have missed something along the way here. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but the standard 1G, despite having a different PCV layout
to the 7M, will in fact have a pipe going to the turbo intake as well as
the throttle body, yes? If I understand correctly you've ditched that
connection, ya?

re:Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 16:01:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
What oil should I use?

>From: "Jason Tomlins" <jst4@xtra.co.nz>
>Subject: re:[sconz] Smokey suggestions
>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:08:02 -0000
>
>ASS U Me Your turbo is ok and not floping around like my rebuild was after
>2 months
>

>Change your dyno oil to fully synthetic probelm solved.
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/

Read the latest Hollywood gossip @ http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment

RE: Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 16:07:00 <Doig, Richard>
Whale oil would be appropriate for a Supra... ;-)

>ASS U Me Your turbo is ok and not floping around like my rebuild was
>after
>2 months
>

>Change your dyno oil to fully synthetic probelm solved.
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored

>by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

Read the latest Hollywood gossip @ http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment

---
Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored
by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 16:08:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
No, the standard PCV system is only a pipe going from the cam covers to the
T/B.
There isn't one going from the T/B to the turbo intake.
The only pipe that does that is the ISC pipe, but thats from the manifold to
the turbo intake.

>From: "Cully Paterson" <Cully@supras.org.nz>
>Subject: RE: [sconz] Smokey suggestions
>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:36:03 +1300

RE: Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 16:09:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
Lemmi pop down the road and get some....

>From: "Doig, Richard" <Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz>
>Subject: RE: [sconz] Smokey suggestions
>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:07:05 +1300
>
>Whale oil would be appropriate for a Supra... ;-)

Check out the latest video @ http://xtra.co.nz/streaming

re:Smokey suggestions   2007-02-26 16:14:00 <Marc Archbold>

> What oil should I use?

I like Rice Bran or Olive, both contain antioxidants, Ive been told.