wtd: 7mgte auto transmisson   2007-08-26 10:23:00 <ronnie kumar>
Finally my supra is working again,buttransmisson is playing up.The supra hardly moves forward in drive position.
Does any-one have a good working transmisson for sale? and since I haven't done a transmission swap before,how hard is it to do the swap or would it be better to send down to a workshop to have it done.
My supra has been sitting in car-port for 8 months,could this be reason why transmisson is not working?.Probably needs a fluid change.
Thanks,
Ronnie

RE: wtd: 7mgte auto transmisson   2007-08-26 10:46:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi Ronnie,

> Finally my supra is working again,buttransmisson is playing
> up.The supra hardly moves forward in drive position.
> Does any-one have a good working transmisson for sale? and
> since I haven't done a transmission swap before,how hard is
> it to do the swap or would it be better to send down to a
> workshop to have it done.
> My supra has been sitting in car-port for 8 months,could this
> be reason why transmisson is not working?.Probably needs a
> fluid change.

If it's been sitting for a long period of time it can take quite a few
seconds worth of drive from the engine to circulate the fluid
sufficiently to get drive again. If you've only tried it for a very
brief period then give it a bit longer and a few more revs.

If it really is no good, then you've not got too big a job. The auto
trans goes in and out of a Mk-III quite easily (so long as you've got a
hoist to use).

RE: wtd: 7mgte auto transmisson   2007-08-29 18:38:00 <ronnie kumar>
My auto transmission is definitely stuffed.Does anyone know cost of rebuilding my auto transmission to handle more horse-power and good workshop to go to.
In the mean-time,does anyone have a good working transmisson for sale?.
Thanks,
Ronnie