FW: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 21:05:00 <Doig, Richard>
> A few weeks later we organised a meet up at Stu's place in Dairy Flat,

>with Richard Doig turning up too (with a hangover).

Me? Never!

Bought a 1983 Toyota Celica XX Twin Cam 24 (yes that was its correct
name!) in 1994. It had a 1G-GE screamer installed, loved the 7800 rpm
redline and the exhaust sound. Pity it had no torque. It was the two
tone metallic with wh0re-house burgundy interior. Had it for two years
till it suffered a BHG on greenlane road during rush hour, causing a
cloud of steam so big traffic backed up to the motorway :-D. Fixed that
(learning in te process that hand lapping 24 valves is dumb) and lost
trust, flicking it on for a nice reliable 1987 Celica GT-Four.

Imported some parts and BGB's from US and got some for Stu too who took
me for a hair raising blast in his 7M-GTE Supra. Mad prick. Met Cully
too and his sad love for rubbish pommie cars. Mad prick.

Later bought a NZ new ST205 GT-Four Group A which had been in a frontal
collision. Cunningly rebuilt it in someone else's garage and it is now
my toy car. It has a Lynn Rogers worked engine and I have an Autronic
SM2 and Blitz turbo in the cupboard for it.

Jeremy Clarkson says you can't be a car enthusiast till you have owned
an Alfa Romeo. Well I'm onto my second with plans for at *least* two
more. Currently this is limited by funds (less so) and somewhere to park
them (more so). I'm sure Cully has more space for one or two, but he is
playing hard to get.

Work wise I'm AirNZ's senior powerplant engineer. 400bhp doesn't excite
me when I have 95,000 lbs thrust at work :-)

I still hang around here mainly to poke Hunt with a stick every so
often. ;-P

Richard
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 21:09:00 <Doig, Richard>

>Richard
>Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

And those that know me know I am NOT responsible for adding this shite
to the end of my emails!
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 21:15:00 <Cully Paterson>

> Jeremy Clarkson says you can't be a car enthusiast till you
> have owned an Alfa Romeo.

You do know he's just taking the piss because he likes to see people
suffer, don't you?

RE: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 21:23:00 <Doig, Richard>

> Jeremy Clarkson says you can't be a car enthusiast till you have owned

> an Alfa Romeo.

>You do know he's just taking the piss because he likes to see people
suffer, don't you?

Yes, and TR7's are always including in "world's worst car" type books
because the authors know what a quality car they are and want to hoard
them all for themselves...

---
Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored
by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

Re: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 21:33:00 <Nick Colebourne>
Well im pretty much a lerker but i have posted a few times

Ive got a 1989 Ma70 supra black, grey interour with auto
Owned the car for 2.5years spend half that in the garage after i had a run
in with the law (supra seems to sustain loss of traction easly) and
modification time (coming close to a year now)
But the good thing is in the next few weeks it will be up and running again
and will be at the night speed drag wars!

Love the car to bits, was stock but now in a fairly diffrent state of tune,
60-1 turbo, FMIC, hardpipes, custom FFIM, w58 manual conversion, brake
upgrade etc etc

Nick

Live Search delivers results the way you like it. Try live.com now!
http://www.live.com

Re: Getting to know one another   2007-09-12 22:14:00 <Brenda \(SupraMa\)>
Hiya all,
I'm one of the fantastic ladies out west lol. (Thanks Jamie) I was at the first Suprafest but at the time I owned a 300zx twin turbo. Got really sick of blowing it up so sold it to look for another car.

A friend of mine owned a 1981 MA61 which wouldn't pass a warrant at this time so he gave it to me so I spent my spare time slowly rebuilding it but I still needed a daily driver.

My daughter Suze (Suprra girl) owned a supra and talked me into my first MkIII, a white 86 narrow body hardtop MA70. One day a nice young fellow came to my door and offered me a good price so I sold it then bought my purple 1989 GA70 twin turbo, manual aerotop. Had that for about 12 months but I missed the power of my 3.0lt turbo. That one ended it's life in Whangarei about six months or so after I sold it. Stoved it into a tree so I heard.

Then I found my black 1991 widebody, sunroof in a towing yard. It was stolen & recovered but the owner never went to get it. It was stuck right in the back corner of their shed with other cars parked all round. It had a 2.5 twin turbo badge on the front grill and the registration also stated 2.5 twin turbo. I thought oh well 2.5 has got to go better than the 2.0lt one so I bought it and all I knew was it didn't go. Everybody thought I got a great score until we opened the bonnet after it was delivered and we saw the motor was a 2.0lt and the vin tag said GA70. So Suze and I decided to do a 3.0lt conversion into it with the help of a couple of friends. We already had acquired a deregistered MA70 with everything I needed as a parts car. After about six months I finally got it on the road and it's been running sweet for three years with only one problem. (Suprra girl's is driving it cause her car is off the road) nah just kidding. It has a small waterleak behind the front plate but as long as you put a 100ml of water once a week it's fine.

I still have a few things to do on the MA61 but she went for her first warrant in five years a couple of weeks ago and flew through.

About me, well I also love music and go out and about with a few live bands doing gigs at RSA's & clubs. I work on cars all week long for a living as well. (The only Toyota I refuse to work on is a Cavalier)

Looking forward to Suprafest 2008 but don't know which car to take. I think I'm gonna have to find a driver for one of them.

Cheers Brenda