What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 09:54:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
Other than:
GA70 Toyota Supra, GX81 Toyota Mark II/Chaser/Cresta, GZ20 Toyota Soarer

What else did it come in?

re: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:00:00 <Matthew Adair>
ma/ga/ta60 series
old carinas, cressidas etc

they came in lots of cars
however alot of those cars came in auto, so its harder to find them in manual.

most of the 80s and early 90s manual rwd toyotas were either a w series or a t series gearbox

RE: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:03:00 <Cully Paterson>

Also some Toyota Crowns, and the Lotus Excel.

RE: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:13:00 <Doig, Richard>
And then isn't there steel case W series and aluminium case w series?

Also some Toyota Crowns, and the Lotus Excel.

Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored
by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

RE: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:25:00 <Hunt Moorhouse>
Oh yes - the MKIV Supra N/A had a W58 with a steel sandwhich plate.

> Subject: RE: [sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:12:39 +1300> From: Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz> > And then isn't there steel case W series and aluminium case w series? > > -----Original Message-----> From: bounce-83948-27@list.supras.org.nz> [mailto:bounce-83948-27@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of Cully Paterson> Sent: Friday, 12 October 2007 10:03 a.m.> To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List> Subject: RE: [sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?> > > Also some Toyota Crowns, and the Lotus Excel.> > > > > -----Original Message-----> > From: bounce-83947-266@list.supras.org.nz> > [mailto:bounce-83947-266@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of Matthew > > Adair> > Sent: Friday, 12 October 2007 9:58 a.m.> > To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List> > Subject: re:[sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?> > > > ma/ga/ta60 series> > old carinas, cressidas etc> > > > they came in lots of cars> > however alot of those cars came in auto, so its harder to find them in> > > manual.> > > > most of the 80s and early 90s manual rwd toyotas were either a w > > series or a t series gearbox> > ---> > Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website > > sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz> > > > ---> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored> by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail > ____________________________________________________________________> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential > information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby > notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction > of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in > error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed > in this message are those of the individual sender and may not > necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.> _____________________________________________________________________> For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online> at http://www.airnewzealand.com > _____________________________________________________________________> > ---> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

Re: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:42:00 <Looonie>
As did the MKIII GA70 turbo.
The MKIV version has a remote shifter and bigger input shaft bearing.

I believe Richard is referring to the W40 and W50 steel case gearboxes as opposed to the W55/57/58/59 aluminium cased gearboxes.

Cheers

Dave
021 066 8686
Oh yes - the MKIV Supra N/A had a W58 with a steel sandwhich plate.

> Subject: RE: [sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?
> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:12:39 +1300
> From: Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> And then isn't there steel case W series and aluminium case w series?

RE: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 10:58:00 <Doig, Richard>

Yep, as I said "steel case" and "aluminium case". The W series family
is huge. The V8 boys love the early steel case gearboxes. Don't know if
they have figured out Toyota made cars in the 80's yet...

________________________________

> Subject: RE: [sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?
> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:12:39 +1300
> From: Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> And then isn't there steel case W series and aluminium case w
series?

re: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 11:00:00 <Jason Tomlins>
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/loats/technical/ma61/gearboxes.html

RE: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-12 19:26:00 <John Rosser>
Friend of mine had a w56 is his lucida van, real short first gear, was funny
to try and launch it, haha. Had a nice short throw to it though, one of the
nicest gear sticks I’ve used…

John R

_____

Yep, as I said "steel case" and "aluminium case". The W series family is
huge. The V8 boys love the early steel case gearboxes. Don't know if they
have figured out Toyota made cars in the 80's yet...

> I believe Richard is referring to the W40 and W50 steel case gearboxes as
opposed to the W55/57/58/59 aluminium cased gearboxes.

Oh yes - the MKIV Supra N/A had a W58 with a steel sandwhich plate.

_____

> Subject: RE: [sconz] What cars did the W series box come in?
> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:12:39 +1300
> From: HYPERLINK "mailto:Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz"Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz
> To: HYPERLINK "mailto:sconz@list.supras.org.nz"sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> And then isn't there steel case W series and aluminium case w series?

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! HYPERLINK
"http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/"MSN Messenger ---

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
3:09 p.m.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:09 p.m.

Re: What cars did the W series box come in?   2007-10-17 10:22:00 <Logan Brown>
Also hilux, celica/camry

Logan