So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-06 17:40:00 <Ian>
Hi guys, little update. I have almost finished rebuilding my 1JZ project when i found the turbos on the engine i brought were stuffed. Went to grab the other set i had off my other 1JZ and found they are stuffed as well so here's my dillemia i have just over $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a setup when i came across this kit.
http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129
Anyone looked at using this kit?
Anything you guys think i should ask about it?
Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?
I would have liked to stay twin turbo but guess this is easiest.
Not really looking for huge power, cant stand lagg.
Help.
Thanks,
Ian.

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 10:20:00 <Cully Paterson>

I would steer clear of this kit as I wouldn't trust the KKR turbo as far
as I could throw it.

However, the design of the manifold isn't too bad, and if you could get
one minus the turbo it wouldn't be a bad option. Note: You'd *really*
have to make sure that you had some good support braces on it to make
sure that the weight doesn't crack the stainless.

The manifold has a T3 flange, which means you could buy a GT30 or GT35
and bolt it right on.

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 10:28:00 <Adrian Maka>
While you're talking about 1JZ and T3 manifolds - is there a off the shelf /
already made item here in NZ?

> i have just over $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a
> setup when i came across this kit.
> http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129
> Anyone looked at using this kit?
> Anything you guys think i should ask about it?
> Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?

I would steer clear of this kit as I wouldn't trust the KKR turbo as far
as I could throw it.

However, the design of the manifold isn't too bad, and if you could get
one minus the turbo it wouldn't be a bad option. Note: You'd *really*
have to make sure that you had some good support braces on it to make
sure that the weight doesn't crack the stainless.

The manifold has a T3 flange, which means you could buy a GT30 or GT35
and bolt it right on.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:21 a.m.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:21 a.m.

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 11:28:00 <hanre@...>
Not really that I've seen, and those I have seen looks extensively dodgy.
Brendan (Nite Parts) will be starting on mine in 3 weeks time, could
have him make up one for you at the same probably... ;)

Cost is anywhere from 700-1000$ for a decent steam tube one he reckoned.

Quoting Adrian Maka <adrian@mroizo.co.nz>:

> While you're talking about 1JZ and T3 manifolds - is there a off the shelf /
> already made item here in NZ?

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 11:37:00 <Adrian Maka>
Hmmm..
Well I only need my one that I have on there now modified for a better fit.
I'll go talk to Mr Muffler today and see what he can do with what I have :o

Not really that I've seen, and those I have seen looks extensively dodgy.
Brendan (Nite Parts) will be starting on mine in 3 weeks time, could
have him make up one for you at the same probably... ;)

Cost is anywhere from 700-1000$ for a decent steam tube one he reckoned.

Quoting Adrian Maka <adrian@mroizo.co.nz>:

> While you're talking about 1JZ and T3 manifolds - is there a off the shelf
/
> already made item here in NZ?

7/11/2007
> 9:21 a.m.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7/11/2007
> 9:21 a.m.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:21 a.m.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:21 a.m.

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 12:49:00 <john shannon>

Ian if you want to stay with the twins why not have a look at a set of steel wheel twins on trade me for $1000,> From: tigermoth_ii@hotmail.com> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz> Subject: [sconz] So i blew up my turbo's... Help!> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 04:34:02 +0000> > Hi guys, little update. I have almost finished rebuilding my 1JZ project when i found the turbos on the engine i brought were stuffed. Went to grab the other set i had off my other 1JZ and found they are stuffed as well so here's my dillemia i have just over $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a setup when i came across this kit.> http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129> Anyone looked at using this kit?> Anything you guys think i should ask about it?> Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?> I would have liked to stay twin turbo but guess this is easiest.> Not really looking for huge power, cant stand lagg.> Help.> Thanks,> Ian.> ---> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 12:58:00 <hanre@...>
If those are the e-bay ones from Australia I'd say stear clear... have
only heard bad things!

Quoting john shannon <jshannon55@hotmail.com>:

> Ian if you want to stay with the twins why not have a look at a set
> of steel wheel twins on trade me for $1000,> From:
> tigermoth_ii@hotmail.com> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz> Subject:
> [sconz] So i blew up my turbo's... Help!> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007
> 04:34:02 +0000> > Hi guys, little update. I have almost finished
> rebuilding my 1JZ project when i found the turbos on the engine i
> brought were stuffed. Went to grab the other set i had off my other
> 1JZ and found they are stuffed as well so here's my dillemia i have
> just over $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a setup when i
> came across this kit.>
> http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129>
> Anyone looked at using this kit?> Anything you guys think i should
> ask about it?> Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?> I
> would have liked to stay twin turbo but guess this is easiest.> Not
> really looking for huge power, cant stand lagg.> Help.> Thanks,>
> Ian.> ---> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/>
> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
> http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 13:15:00 <john shannon>

Ian if you do go single and you dont want to have lag a gt35r will spool up faster than your twins, but you are looking over $2000 for a good set up.

From: jshannon55@hotmail.comTo: sconz@list.supras.org.nzSubject: RE: [sconz] So i blew up my turbo's... Help!Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:48:29 +0000

[...]

RE: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 13:41:00 <hanre@...>
WAY over... :P
I bought a GT3076R back when the exchange rate was still 81c to the
USD and it still cost me 2.2K landed!

Quoting john shannon <jshannon55@hotmail.com>:

> Ian if you do go single and you dont want to have lag a gt35r will
> spool up faster than your twins, but you are looking over $2000 for
> a good set up.
>

> From: jshannon55@hotmail.comTo: sconz@list.supras.org.nzSubject: RE:
> [sconz] So i blew up my turbo's... Help!Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007
> 23:48:29 +0000
>

> Ian if you want to stay with the twins why not have a look at a set
> of steel wheel twins on trade me for $1000,> From:
> tigermoth_ii@hotmail.com> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz> Subject:
> [sconz] So i blew up my turbo's... Help!> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007
> 04:34:02 +0000> > Hi guys, little update. I have almost finished
> rebuilding my 1JZ project when i found the turbos on the engine i
> brought were stuffed. Went to grab the other set i had off my other
> 1JZ and found they are stuffed as well so here's my dillemia i have
> just over $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a setup when i
> came across this kit.>
> http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129>
> Anyone looked at using this kit?> Anything you guys think i should
> ask about it?> Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?> I
> would have liked to stay twin turbo but guess this is easiest.> Not
> really looking for huge power, cant stand lagg.> Help.> Thanks,>
> Ian.> ---> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/>
> Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
> http://www.turbo.co.nz
>
> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website

Re: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 13:45:00 <hanre@...>
Could always just get yours rebuilt with steel wheels through Alltech...

Last time I asked I got quoted around 1.2K per turbo which includes
basically everything. You drop off the turbos and come pick them back
up when they are done and just bolt them back in.

It's allot of money to spend on CT12As but if you really want to keep
the whole TT thing going on with minimal lag that's probably the
fastest/easiest way to go.

Will give you a bit more umph as well.

Quoting Ian <tigermoth_ii@hotmail.com>:

> Hi guys, little update. I have almost finished rebuilding my 1JZ
> project when i found the turbos on the engine i brought were
> stuffed. Went to grab the other set i had off my other 1JZ and found
> they are stuffed as well so here's my dillemia i have just over
> $2000 to spend on getting new turbo(s) and a setup when i came
> across this kit.
> http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/vehicle_product.php?vid=19&cid=129
> Anyone looked at using this kit?
> Anything you guys think i should ask about it?
> Anyone got a better idea of what i should do?
> I would have liked to stay twin turbo but guess this is easiest.
> Not really looking for huge power, cant stand lagg.
> Help.
> Thanks,
> Ian.

Re: So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 17:51:00 <Ian>
Think im going to give the CT12A's a miss they are just really a bad design. And i have also heard bad things about steel wheel versions just aint worth the money.
I can get the manifold seperate in fact i think i found a better one.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-SOARER-JZX90-1JZGTE-TOP-MOUNT-T3-TURBO-MANIFOLD_W0QQitemZ190169948206QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Marc says he can get me a GT2876R fro a reasonable price. so maybe this will be best use of my cash.

RE: Re:So i blew up my turbo's... Help!   2007-11-08 17:53:00 <Llewellyn Giles>
One single GT28 is too small for a 1JZ