Recovered Supra & for sale notice   2008-04-11 15:22:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi guys,
You'll remember a few weeks back that I reported my white Supra having
been stolen. The follow up to the story is that it was recovered after
about three weeks, and I have it back (unfortunately).

The cops caught the guy one Friday night because he was, and I quote the
police officer, "Driving like a dork". He burned past a cop who had stopped
someone else for a warrant check and the cop chased him. He lost the car on
a corner and spun it into a curb, hitting the right rear suspension and
bending it in by about 15° or so. He then took off again the other way, and
despite the the damage he managed to lose the cop. Go the mighty Holden,
not.

Later on the cops caught up to him as he'd been spotted doing burnouts and
had parked up after he finished. They caught him in the car, redhanded as
it were. Here's the kicker: he had his 12 year old daughter in the car with
him. Nice.

Anyway, I have the car back, and it's pretty sorry. He's whacked the rear
right as described above, and also the other three corners to a lesser
degree. He's hit it hard enough that the chassis is twisted, so it's pretty
much not worth fixing.

So, who needs a parts car? White 86 MA70 narrow body 7MGTE.

What's good:
- Interior, complete. burgundy
- Trans ('89 auto), diff
- Front tyres, Bridgestone S02, 225x16x45 (standard spec late model Porsche
944).
- Turbo: CT26 with T04 comp wheel.
- Exhaust: Nice if you like deep & loud.
- Shocks: Tokico Illumina-2 TEMS shocks

What's bad:
- Chassis and suspension damage
- Rear tyres (gee....)
- Rims are all scraped. Three could be reused.

What's missing:
- Alternator
- Heater control

What's unknown:
- Engine. I did a major recon on the engine 18 months ago with new or
reconditioned everything. Ran as sweet as while I had it. No idea what the
guy did to it while it was out of my hands, but it drove ok when I brought
it home.

So if you're interested please email me privately at cully@supras.org.nz
with an offer. It'll go on Trademe if I don't get any bites by the end of
next week.

Re: Recovered Supra & for sale notice   2008-04-11 15:30:00 <Hunt M>
Oh man - insurance?

What a shame - was a cool car - even managed to almost keep up with an
un-tuned 1G ;)

Oh - the exhaust - does sound nice btw :)

On 11/04/2008, Cully Paterson <cully@supras.org.nz> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> You'll remember a few weeks back that I reported my white Supra having
> been stolen. The follow up to the story is that it was recovered after
> about three weeks, and I have it back (unfortunately).
>
> The cops caught the guy one Friday night because he was, and I quote the
> police officer, "Driving like a dork". He burned past a cop who had
> stopped
> someone else for a warrant check and the cop chased him. He lost the car
> on
> a corner and spun it into a curb, hitting the right rear suspension and
> bending it in by about 15° or so. He then took off again the other way,
> and
> despite the the damage he managed to lose the cop. Go the mighty Holden,
> not.
>
> Later on the cops caught up to him as he'd been spotted doing burnouts and
> had parked up after he finished. They caught him in the car, redhanded as
> it were. Here's the kicker: he had his 12 year old daughter in the car
> with
> him. Nice.
>
> Anyway, I have the car back, and it's pretty sorry. He's whacked the rear
> right as described above, and also the other three corners to a lesser
> degree. He's hit it hard enough that the chassis is twisted, so it's
> pretty
> much not worth fixing.
>
> So, who needs a parts car? White 86 MA70 narrow body 7MGTE.
>
> What's good:
> - Interior, complete. burgundy
> - Trans ('89 auto), diff
> - Front tyres, Bridgestone S02, 225x16x45 (standard spec late model
> Porsche
> 944).
> - Turbo: CT26 with T04 comp wheel.
> - Exhaust: Nice if you like deep & loud.
> - Shocks: Tokico Illumina-2 TEMS shocks
>
> What's bad:
> - Chassis and suspension damage
> - Rear tyres (gee....)
> - Rims are all scraped. Three could be reused.
>
> What's missing:
> - Alternator
> - Heater control
>
> What's unknown:
> - Engine. I did a major recon on the engine 18 months ago with new or
> reconditioned everything. Ran as sweet as while I had it. No idea what
> the
> guy did to it while it was out of my hands, but it drove ok when I brought
> it home.
>

> So if you're interested please email me privately at cully@supras.org.nz
> with an offer. It'll go on Trademe if I don't get any bites by the end of
> next week.

Re: Recovered Supra & for sale notice   2008-04-12 09:52:00 <Paul Orsborn>
Sorry to hear bout the damage, what cond is the CT26 and how much?

Paul
021 769 335

[...]

RE: Recovered Supra & for sale notice   2008-04-12 09:54:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi Paul,
To reiterate, at this point I'm only wanting to sell the car as a whole. I don't have the time or space to part it out.

Thanks anyway.