SCONZ will be dead for a while this Wednesday   2008-11-24 19:49:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hi guys,
The SCONZ server/mailing list will be off the air for a couple of
hours from 17:00 this Wednesday. Usual Hunt bashing will resume shortly
thereafter.

Re: SCONZ will be dead for a while this Wednesday   2008-11-24 20:02:00 <suprra girl>
lmao @ hunt bashing

Thanks for the notice :)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Cully Paterson <Cully@supras.org.nz> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> The SCONZ server/mailing list will be off the air for a couple of hours
> from 17:00 this Wednesday. Usual Hunt bashing will resume shortly
> thereafter.

Re: SCONZ will be dead for a while this Wednesday   2008-11-24 20:14:00 <Hunt M>
HAHAHAHA

Hey before we go offline - I was wondering - will it be a good idea to block
my oil return line from my turbo off so that there's MAXIMUM oil pressure
inside the turbo to make sure the bearings are well lubricated preventing
any starvation?

2008/11/24 Cully Paterson <Cully@supras.org.nz>

> Hi guys,
> The SCONZ server/mailing list will be off the air for a couple of hours
> from 17:00 this Wednesday. Usual Hunt bashing will resume shortly
> thereafter.

RE: SCONZ will be dead for a while this Wednesday   2008-11-24 20:19:00 <Cully Paterson>
Don't be silly. Back pressure in a turbo core is the quickest way to
kill your bearings. Therefore the best scheme is to have an oil drain
that vents to atmosphere.

Naturally that would provide a bit of a road hazard, so it's best to
make sure it drains onto the exhaust so it all burns up and doesn't
leave a mess behind.

Oh, and you'll obviously need to carry a bit extra oil. Another half
litre should last you for a good two to three months. Honest.

_____

Hey before we go offline - I was wondering - will it be a good idea to
block my oil return line from my turbo off so that there's MAXIMUM oil
pressure inside the turbo to make sure the bearings are well lubricated
preventing any starvation?

The SCONZ server/mailing list will be off the air for a couple
of hours from 17:00 this Wednesday. Usual Hunt bashing will resume
shortly thereafter.

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz