Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-03-31 11:33:00 <Hunt M>
Anyone know where I can buy a sheet of this in Auckland?

RE: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-03-31 11:40:00 <Doig, Richard>
Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags together...

________________________________

From: bounce-91243-27@list.supras.org.nz
[mailto:bounce-91243-27@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of Hunt M
Sent: Tuesday, 31 March 2009 11:33 a.m.
Subject: [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz
Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com

Re: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-03-31 11:44:00 <Hunt M>
Brilliant idea!
Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might take
some time haha

2009/3/31 Doig, Richard <Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz>

> Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags togetherů

> *Subject:* [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?

> Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.
> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

RE: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-03-31 11:49:00 <Cully Paterson>
That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together
that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
:)

________________________________

[...]

Re: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-03-31 11:55:00 <Hunt M>
haha - yeah yeah

2009/3/31 Cully Paterson <Cully@supras.org.nz>

> That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together
> that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
> :)

> *Subject:* Re: [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?
>
> Brilliant idea!
> Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might
> take some time haha
>
> 2009/3/31 Doig, Richard <Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz>
>
>> Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags togetherů

>> *Subject:* [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?

>> Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.
>> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
>> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
>> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
>> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
>> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
>> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
>> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
>> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

RE: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-04-01 10:20:00 <Tiger Moth>

Hi Hunt, I know what you are after as i used to sell it for a plastic engineering company.

Now there are basically two grades of polyethylene,

High density and Ultra High density, Ultra high is more hard wearing than High Density and is also more commonly available.

they come in two colours normally white and black if your sheet of plastic is going to be in the sunlight then use black as this has carbon in it and is more UV resistant also slightly more hard wearing than white.

Places in Auckland to buy it:

Dotmar Engineering Plastics Ltd

10 Woodson Place, Glenfield, North Shore City, Auckland

ph (09) 444 7135

or

Supply Services Ltd

10 College Hill
Ponsonby
Auckland
Ph 0800 102 112

I am guessing this is for the under tray of your car so i would recommend: BLACK UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) 6mm Thick. Also note that the 6mm thick is nominal and will probably measure 6.4mm or so.

Hope this helps you out.
Ian.
PS I worked for both these company's here in christchurch.

That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
:)

Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might take some time haha

Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags togetherů

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
Find a way to cure that travel bug with MSN NZ Travel
http://travel.msn.co.nz/

RE: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-04-01 11:41:00 <Peter Nield [DATACOM]>
Post of the Month! And on April Fool's day no less.

Concise and informative. Give the man a medal.

That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
:)

________________________________
Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might take some time haha
Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags together...

________________________________
Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed

necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online

at http://www.airnewzealand.com<http://www.airnewzealand.com/>

Re: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-04-01 11:43:00 <Hunt M>
Thank you for that. I'll give them a call later today!
Yeah its for an undertray/splitter arrangement. It needs to be rigid but not
too heavy. It also needs to be able to handle a few scrapes and what-not

Again, thanks!

Hunt

2009/4/1 Tiger Moth <tigermoth_ii@hotmail.com>

> Hi Hunt, I know what you are after as i used to sell it for a plastic
> engineering company.
>
> Now there are basically two grades of polyethylene,
> High density and Ultra High density, Ultra high is more hard wearing than
> High Density and is also more commonly available.
>
> they come in two colours normally white and black if your sheet of plastic
> is going to be in the sunlight then use black as this has carbon in it and
> is more UV resistant also slightly more hard wearing than white.
>
> Places in Auckland to buy it:
>
> Dotmar Engineering Plastics Ltd
> 10 Woodson Place, Glenfield, North Shore City, Auckland
> ph (09) 444 7135
>
> or
>
> Supply Services Ltd
>
> 10 College Hill
> Ponsonby
> Auckland
>
> Ph 0800 102 112
>

> I am guessing this is for the under tray of your car so i would recommend:
> BLACK UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) 6mm Thick. Also note
> that the 6mm thick is nominal and will probably measure 6.4mm or so.
>

> Hope this helps you out.
>
> Ian.
>
> PS I worked for both these company's here in christchurch.
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:54:47 +1300
> Subject: Re: [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?
> From: huntatwork@gmail.com
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>

> haha - yeah yeah
>

> 2009/3/31 Cully Paterson <Cully@supras.org.nz>
>
> That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together
> that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
> :)

> *Subject:* Re: [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?
>
> Brilliant idea!
> Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might
> take some time haha
>
> 2009/3/31 Doig, Richard <Richard.Doig@airnz.co.nz>
>
> Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags togetherů

> *Subject:* [sconz] Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?

> Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.
> CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction
> of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
> in this message are those of the individual sender and may not
> necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

RE: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-04-01 14:14:00 <Tiger Moth>

Also Hunt polyethelene is not that ridged you may have to brace it somewhat.

As a side note it has a specific gravity less than 1 so it floats which is awesome for a 1g as it is a boat :)

Ian.

That's ok Hunt. We all know you're full of crap, so collecting together that many toilet paper bags won't take you long...
:)

Except I need 1.8x2Meters of it - and about 6-8mm thick.....which might take some time haha

Glue lots of toilet paper plastic bags togetherů

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.

MSN NZ Travel Find a way to cure that travel bug

Who's buying you chocolate this easter? Find someone to be sweet to you at Match.com
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Enz%2Emsn%2Ecom%2Fchannel%2Findex%2Easpx%3Ftrackingid%3D1048628&_t=773568480&_r=nzWINDOWSliveMAILemailTAGLINES&_m=EXT

Re: Where to buy High-density polyethylene (HDPE)?   2009-04-01 14:16:00 <Hunt M>
HAHA - weighs a lot less than a 7M or a 1J :P
But yes - it will be braced quite a bit.....