Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-03-18 18:06:00 <Linton, David>
I've been advised I need to confirm the booking I made for Monday June 6th 2011 on behalf of the Supra Club within the next two weeks.
This is Queen's Birthday weekend and we will have use of the skidpan from 8.30am until 4.30pm.
I plan to run four or six short courses with each participant being allowed two attempts only. I will be preparing the courses with the Supra's turning circle and length in mind and don't expect to exceed 40km/h on the courses.
If all goes to plan, I would like to have 35 entries (based on the last time we did this event) and the cost is $35 per driver. You can enter the same car with two drivers but each driver will have to pay. There will be no entry applications on the day.

I hope to offer prizes for overall winner as well as other "spot" prizes if the numbers are there. I am also going to post this with other car clubs as well, to get the numbers up.

Please advise me by email and I will pass on instructions for payment as well as sending entry forms etc. If you would like more information, just ask.

Regards,
David.

RE: Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-03-18 19:57:00 <Stuart Trewheela>

Hi David,Please forward me payment details.
Stu.

From: david.linton@nz.unisys.com
To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:05:27 +1100
Subject: [sconz] Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana

[...]

RE: Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-04-08 09:41:00 <Linton, David>
This event has now been cancelled.

David.

I've been advised I need to confirm the booking I made for Monday June 6th 2011 on behalf of the Supra Club within the next two weeks.
This is Queen's Birthday weekend and we will have use of the skidpan from 8.30am until 4.30pm.

Re: RE:Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-04-08 09:45:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
that's unfortunate, how come ?
lack of numbers?
I've been advised I need to confirm the booking I made for Monday June 6th 2011 on behalf of the Supra Club within the next two weeks.

This is Queen's Birthday weekend and we will have use of the skidpan from 8.30am until 4.30pm.

RE: Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-04-08 09:57:00 <Linton, David>
Lots. Kevin was the only one who committed and paid after the March 18th email. I had hoped to get 30 entrants and that would have covered costs and left $100 or so for prizes.
I needed to have perhaps 50% commitment to consider it and Hampton Downs had already let the confirmation date slip a few weeks. Perhaps it was the timing but I felt I had given sufficient notice to this group and the members of Toyspeed to get a creditable number before the due date. It could also have been people felt June would be too wet/cold and the event would not work.

I'll be trying to do another later in the year and intend to approach a few other clubs (Nissan, Honda, whatever). Jamie and Chris at Hampton Downs said they had a list of clubs that considered themselves a little small to take on a complete day/event and I could speak with some of them.

David.

Bugger. How far short of the numbers were you?

I've been advised I need to confirm the booking I made for Monday June 6th 2011 on behalf of the Supra Club within the next two weeks.
This is Queen's Birthday weekend and we will have use of the skidpan from 8.30am until 4.30pm.

RE: Hampton Downs Skidpan motorkhana   2011-04-08 12:44:00 <Stuart Trewheela>

Hi David,
Bugger its cancelled, im to blame as I didn't send through the cash, I keep telling myself each day ill do it when I get home and kept letting it slip.
Ill shout you a beer or hotdog when I see you next as I don't want you to feel this was a wasted effort or feel put off organising future events. In future I can also help organise and will always be keen to participate.

Will be at nighwars tonight too. Look for Red MKIII with MKIV mags as ill be racing should I find a helmet in time :)

Regards,
Stu.