MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-16 22:45:00 <Adrian Maka>
Hey guys,

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages
but cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from
the sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 06:50:00 <Looonie>
Buy just a rear HKS muffler from RHDJapan or ask Ewan to source you one,
then have local company(Mr Muffler) makeup full 3" stainless system with
reputeable middle muff for you. (Presuming an HKS package has two muffs?)

I've found stainless versus mild steel seems to make a big difference to the
deepness of the tone of an exhaust. 1 muff is a bit too loud IMO (my Soarer
has that).

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 09:27:00 <Stuart Trewheela>

Whats up Oizo,Best locally made kiwi mufflers are these Adrenalin R beasts that I sell in my shop:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=449476521 I've got one on my old MK3 7M with one Coby and 3" stainless downpipe from this place: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-3inchdownpipewithelbow7m-gte.php and the piping done locally. Still pretty loud but HP increase was immense! think all up was less than a grand to do all that including shipping from the US.
If you need Coby's, gaskets, or AdrenalinR mufflers at trade rates let me know bro! :)
Stu.

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be better
spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered getting
a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,

Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 15:49:00 <Adrian Maka>
Yeah I have thought about getting just the mufflers. Didn't know a HKS one
could be bought separately though!

HKS systems for turbo cars seem to be bigger in diameter (3.25"?).

I went and had a talk to Mr Muff the other day and he would prefer it if I
didn't go stainless. I would like full stainless. Just looks better if not
sounds nice ;)

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 15:53:00 <Adrian Maka>
Yo Stupra!

I saw your card in my work truck the other day from when I got them sockets
last year! Didn't think to ask you though :P

Mr Muff did try to get me to put one on my car but first impression was that
they were a bit too 'ricey'. Do you have any pics of it installed on a MK3?

Will let you know for sure if I need some helpings J

Cheers.

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?
I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.
If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)
So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?
I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.
Any input appreciated!
Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 17:43:00 <Looonie>
Why would he prefer if you didn't go stainless? Seems a curious standpoint,
would love to know his reasonings behind it. Unless its just because he
can't weld it as good?

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 17:52:00 <Adrian Maka>
Yeah i think its something he doesn't stock and id harder to get a decent
finish.

I remember i have a HKS Super Dragger rear muffler that i could use but
spending as much as i have, what's another few aye?
On Feb 17, 2012 5:47 PM, "Looonie" <supras@boost.org.nz> wrote:

> Why would he prefer if you didn't go stainless? Seems a curious
> standpoint, would love to know his reasonings behind it. Unless its just
> because he can't weld it as good?****
>
> ** **

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 17:55:00 <Looonie>
Spoken like a true man who earns too much money :)

Go see AJ at Pit Stop Grey Lynn.

What are options for muffler or complete systems for the MK3?

I have a 2JZ, single setup. I have been looking at the HKS type packages but
cost of that and shipping is around the $1000-1500 mark. Money would be
better spent getting something made locally.

If i got something made up locally and custom i would like to have control
over the components used and know they weren't just the cheapo ones from the
sales rep with nice 'assets' ;)

So what are some options of parts & where can i get them?

I would love to have the sound of the HKS system again and considered
getting a new one for a MKIV and modifying but seems silly.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Adrian.

RE: MK3 Exhausts - Options   2012-02-17 22:09:00 <Adrian Maka>
Haha. If money wasn't a problem, it'd be done by now! ;)