RE: Toyota Diffs <options for MA61>   2012-02-23 17:34:00 <Jay Acott>

Hey all...just a few questions for the diff guru's out there...
Soon as ive freed up some money id really like to buy an LSD for my '61, since it never had its original F303 2 pinion LSD when i bought it...
First off, can anybody tell me off the top of their head what the diameter of the rear axles are and how many splines they have? Have trawled for hours on the WWW and suprisingly cant find an answer.
Also i was under the assumption that from 86 onwards, *A70 Supra's all packed G series/8" diffs........i just found a GA70 at the wreckers with "F393" as its axle code...an F series 2 pinion LSD?! it was an auto 1G-GEU.....whats with that?
And while im at it.....is it possible to shoe-horn an LSD centre from a G series/A series <same same?> into an F series crown wheel or is that a no-go? <too big/incorrect splines etc>...and one more for the road...is there a size diffrence between A series/ G series and B series diffs...they all classified as 8" diffs?
Cheers good supra people...im fairly nub at this thing and tho the internet is very usefull for most things, i canny find the answers to my questions this time.
~Jay
p.s my absolute last option is to buy a TRD or a Tru-trac jobby...as soon as someone buys my mini! ha

Re: Toyota Diffs <options for MA61>   2012-02-23 17:44:00 <Hunt M>
My GA70 (originally a 1g-geu auto) is a 1986 and had an f series 2 pinion LSD. 4.7:1 I believe the ratio was!

On 23/02/2012, at 17:33, Jay Acott <blu_meanie@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all...just a few questions for the diff guru's out there...
>
> Soon as ive freed up some money id really like to buy an LSD for my '61, since it never had its original F303 2 pinion LSD when i bought it...
>
> First off, can anybody tell me off the top of their head what the diameter of the rear axles are and how many splines they have? Have trawled for hours on the WWW and suprisingly cant find an answer.
>
> Also i was under the assumption that from 86 onwards, *A70 Supra's all packed G series/8" diffs........i just found a GA70 at the wreckers with "F393" as its axle code...an F series 2 pinion LSD?! it was an auto 1G-GEU.....whats with that?
>
> And while im at it.....is it possible to shoe-horn an LSD centre from a G series/A series <same same?> into an F series crown wheel or is that a no-go? <too big/incorrect splines etc>
> ...and one more for the road...is there a size diffrence between A series/ G series and B series diffs...they all classified as 8" diffs?
>
> Cheers good supra people...im fairly nub at this thing and tho the internet is very usefull for most things, i canny find the answers to my questions this time.
>
> ~Jay
>
> p.s my absolute last option is to buy a TRD or a Tru-trac jobby...as soon as someone buys my mini! ha

RE: Toyota Diffs <options for MA61>   2012-02-24 09:35:00 <Linton, David>
I know people on other forums talk about Altezza LSD centres fitting into the MA61's F series housing, but I've never heard of anyone fitting a G series centre.....
Jay, where are you?

David.

[...]

RE: Toyota Diffs <options for MA61>   2012-02-24 17:56:00 <Jay Acott>

hi, im located in blenheim........is it possible to remove the clutch pack centre from a G series diff and fit to an F series crown wheel?