Sump removal?   2012-03-07 13:39:00 <Hunt M>
Has anyone been able to remove the sump from a ga70 without taking the
engine out?
Wanting to add a fitting to my sump for an oil catch can drain so need to
take the sump off to do it, but don't really want to remove the whole
engine....

RE: Sump removal?   2012-03-07 13:42:00 <Cully Paterson>
I'm almost certain that it can't be done. Waaay back when Robbi busted
the bearings in his GA70 we pulled the engine prior to taking the sump
off as that was the only way to get at it.

OTOH you could suspend the engine from above and remove the cross member
from under the engine. If you have a hoist available then it shouldn't
be too nasty to do.

From: bounce-98790-266@list.supras.org.nz
[mailto:bounce-98790-266@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of Hunt M
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March 2012 1:38 p.m.
Subject: [sconz] Sump removal?

Has anyone been able to remove the sump from a ga70 without taking the
engine out?
Wanting to add a fitting to my sump for an oil catch can drain so need
to take the sump off to do it, but don't really want to remove the whole
engine....

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: Sump removal?   2012-03-07 13:50:00 <scott johnson>
Are you sure you want that oil to drain back to your sump?

I've had my can installed for a year now haven't collected one drop of oil did get 50ml of water/condensation not something that I want going to my sump just putting it out there