Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 13:59:00 <Hunt M>
Hi all

Has anyone upgraded their rear brakes?
Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the
rears.
I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".

I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more bite,
but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.

Any bolt on replacement options?

Thoughts?

RE: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:12:00 <Cully Paterson>
Have you considered putting a brake bias valve in instead of upgrading
the rear brakes? Try to balance front/rear braking by changing the
brakes themselves is going to put you on a hiding to nothing, as chances
of fluking the correct rear set up are pretty slim.

Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the
rears.
I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".

I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more
bite, but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.

Any bolt on replacement options?

Thoughts?

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Re: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:13:00 <Adrian Maka>
I see the only bolt across brakes from the MKIV are the rears. Is that a
option?
I guess if you had the 2 pot rears that could work but doubt anyone would
split them from 4 pot fronts.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Has anyone upgraded their rear brakes?
> Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the
> rears.
> I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".
>
> I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more
> bite, but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.
>
> Any bolt on replacement options?
>
> Thoughts?

Re: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:26:00 <Hunt M>
So removing the stock proportioning valve and getting an aftermarket one?

Did think about getting something like this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/other/auction-488027156.htm

Is that what you mean?

On 25 June 2012 14:12, Cully Paterson <Cully@supras.org.nz> wrote:

> Have you considered putting a brake bias valve in instead of upgrading the
> rear brakes? Try to balance front/rear braking by changing the brakes
> themselves is going to put you on a hiding to nothing, as chances of
> fluking the correct rear set up are pretty slim.****
>
> ** **
>
> C****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

Re: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:27:00 <Hunt M>
Are they actually a bolt on replacement though? Or will they require a
custom bracket and lines etc?

On 25 June 2012 14:07, Adrian Maka <adrian@mroizo.co.nz> wrote:

> I see the only bolt across brakes from the MKIV are the rears. Is that a
> option?
> I guess if you had the 2 pot rears that could work but doubt anyone would
> split them from 4 pot fronts.
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Has anyone upgraded their rear brakes?
>> Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the
>> rears.
>> I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".
>>
>> I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more
>> bite, but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.
>>
>> Any bolt on replacement options?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Hunt

RE: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:31:00 <Cully Paterson>
Something like that one, yes.

Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the
rears.
I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".

I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more
bite, but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.

Any bolt on replacement options?

Thoughts?

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger
http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 14:57:00 <scott johnson>
The mk4 rears from what I've seen is you need to drill out some threads or something the use stock lines no brackets.

Then there is evo brembo 2 pot rears bolt on and you use a wrx rear disk that needs to have the hub bore drilled out then maybe custom lines can't Remember look on supramania fir "bolt on rear bbk"

Are they actually a bolt on replacement though? Or will they require a custom bracket and lines etc?

I see the only bolt across brakes from the MKIV are the rears. Is that a option?
I guess if you had the 2 pot rears that could work but doubt anyone would split them from 4 pot fronts.

Has anyone upgraded their rear brakes?Since doing my fronts I'm now finding my they're locking way before the rears.

I'm running a 1 1/8" master cylinder compared to the stock 1".

I did think about getting some pads for the rear that have a bit more bite, but I feel this doesn't exactly solve the problem.
Any bolt on replacement options?

Thoughts?

Re: Upgraded rear brakes for MK3?   2012-06-25 15:30:00 <Hunt M>
This is an interesting option:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?145868-Rear-BBK-anyone&highlight=bolt+rear+bbk