WTB: Alternator   2012-07-06 21:32:00 <Hunt M>
Hey all

My alternator is packing up - with headlights and fog lights on when on the
motorway my voltage (according to the stock gauge) is less than 11v.....

I stalled when I got off the motorway and and it wouldn't start - flat
battery. Had to get someone driving by to jump start me.

I know the alternator I have is the lower amp one - will any MK3 one fit
on? Are they interchangeable?

Thanks

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-06 23:53:00 <suprra girl>
celica from pickapart ftw ;)

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> My alternator is packing up - with headlights and fog lights on when on
> the motorway my voltage (according to the stock gauge) is less than 11v.....
>
> I stalled when I got off the motorway and and it wouldn't start - flat
> battery. Had to get someone driving by to jump start me.
>
> I know the alternator I have is the lower amp one - will any MK3 one fit
> on? Are they interchangeable?
>
> Thanks

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-07 00:06:00 <Hunt M>
Might pay them a visit! Is there one in Avondale that you've noticed?

On 6/07/2012, at 23:52, suprra girl <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:

> celica from pickapart ftw ;)
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all
>>
>> My alternator is packing up - with headlights and fog lights on when on the motorway my voltage (according to the stock gauge) is less than 11v.....
>>
>> I stalled when I got off the motorway and and it wouldn't start - flat battery. Had to get someone driving by to jump start me.
>>
>> I know the alternator I have is the lower amp one - will any MK3 one fit on? Are they interchangeable?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Hunt

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-07 00:29:00 <suprra girl>
generally there's a celica there, haven't been in a while though.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Might pay them a visit! Is there one in Avondale that you've noticed?
>

> On 6/07/2012, at 23:52, suprra girl <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> celica from pickapart ftw ;)
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey all
>>
>> My alternator is packing up - with headlights and fog lights on when on
>> the motorway my voltage (according to the stock gauge) is less than 11v.....
>>
>> I stalled when I got off the motorway and and it wouldn't start - flat
>> battery. Had to get someone driving by to jump start me.
>>
>> I know the alternator I have is the lower amp one - will any MK3 one fit
>> on? Are they interchangeable?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Hunt

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-07 09:48:00 <Hunt M>
Hah ok I'll have to go check it out

Thanks! :)

On 7/07/2012, at 0:28, suprra girl <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:

> generally there's a celica there, haven't been in a while though.
>
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Might pay them a visit! Is there one in Avondale that you've noticed?
>>

>> On 6/07/2012, at 23:52, suprra girl <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> celica from pickapart ftw ;)

>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Suze
>>> 7M POWAH! ;)
>>> www.supra.co.nz
>>> ---
>>> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-08 16:04:00 <Hunt M>
Picked one up from pick a part. Problem solved. Thanks Suze :)

On 6/07/2012, at 23:52, suprra girl <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:

> celica from pickapart ftw ;)
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all
>>
>> My alternator is packing up - with headlights and fog lights on when on the motorway my voltage (according to the stock gauge) is less than 11v.....
>>
>> I stalled when I got off the motorway and and it wouldn't start - flat battery. Had to get someone driving by to jump start me.
>>
>> I know the alternator I have is the lower amp one - will any MK3 one fit on? Are they interchangeable?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Hunt

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: WTB: Alternator   2012-07-10 08:02:00 <Sam Sherwen>
Ace Auto Electrical did mine a couple of years ago - they said they used a
Celica model, can't check just now, away from home. Was for an 89 GA70
1g-gte. Bit of a way from Avondale though....
http://www.autoelectricalnorthshore.co.nz/

SS