over heating mk3   2013-02-12 12:43:00 <vishalvince>
Hi guys i bought a supra last year august .it had a leaking head gasket. Got that fixed(it was done by amate of mine he said he could fix it with out changing the head gasket....he had a treatment which you dontget at your local stores) head was re-torqued n with that a new radiator, water pump , cambelt, thermostat and also changed a few hoses cause they failed. I got the car back in december.it was driving fine.like it was brand new. Untill recently it been over heating. It only hapens when i thrash it. I had a feeling the secondary fan wasnt working still have sorted that out yet thou. I have wired thenmmanually to a switch.....for eg this morning driving to work, once it got to normal temp i started boosting ithe carafter a while the temp starts to rise ,it goes about 3/4 of the temp gauge . I switch on the secondary fan and the temp goes down slowly to normal......than i boost it again the temp goes up but nt as high as the last time....it doesnt smoke or anything i have flused the radiator to see if theres any bloakages..any ideas on what it could be????????
You can pm aswell on 0211039464

RE: over heating mk3   2013-02-12 12:48:00 <Cully Paterson>
Hmm, gee, let me think... Ooo, I know, it's a blown head gasket. Your mate was talking out of his arse. If a head gasket is blown you *cannot* fix it with any magic treatment. The best you can do is to put off the inevitable whilst clogging up your cooling system.

From: bounce-100262-266@list.supras.org.nz [mailto:bounce-100262-266@list.supras.org.nz] On Behalf Of vishalvince
Sent: Tuesday, 12 February 2013 12:22 p.m.
Subject: [sconz] over heating mk3

[...]

---
Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

RE: over heating mk3   2013-02-12 12:55:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
What Cully said, the best a magic fix in a bottle can do to a blown headgasket is mask it temporaily - it will blow again in the same spot or others

unfortunately your symptoms do suggest the slight possibility the headgasket has gone again if it already had in the first place and was "treated" - OR the treatment he put in has expired and is clogging up the cooling system somewhere - which is also likley

> Subject: RE: [sconz] over heating mk3
> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:47:31 +1300
> From: Cully@supras.org.nz
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> Hmm, gee, let me think... Ooo, I know, it's a blown head gasket. Your mate was talking out of his arse. If a head gasket is blown you *cannot* fix it with any magic treatment. The best you can do is to put off the inevitable whilst clogging up your cooling system.

Re: over heating mk3   2013-02-12 13:27:00 <suprra rain>
Unfortunately correct, you're gonna have to pull it down properly and get
the head planed and new gasket + head bolts and do the hg properly ;)

We're all speaking from experience here :p

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Aaron Mcfadzien <
aaron.mcfadzien@outlook.com> wrote:

> What Cully said, the best a magic fix in a bottle can do to a blown
> headgasket is mask it temporaily - it will blow again in the same spot or
> others
>
> unfortunately your symptoms do suggest the slight possibility the
> headgasket has gone again if it already had in the first place and was
> "treated" - OR the treatment he put in has expired and is clogging up the
> cooling system somewhere - which is also likley
>
> > Subject: RE: [sconz] over heating mk3
> > Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:47:31 +1300
> > From: Cully@supras.org.nz
> > To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>

> > Hmm, gee, let me think... Ooo, I know, it's a blown head gasket. Your
> mate was talking out of his arse. If a head gasket is blown you *cannot*
> fix it with any magic treatment. The best you can do is to put off the
> inevitable whilst clogging up your cooling system.
> >
> > Cully

RE: over heating mk3   2013-02-12 21:31:00 <Looonie>
Lol... BHG :)

[...]

RE: over heating mk3   2013-02-14 10:49:00 <Nick Little>
I'm pretty sure the temperature gauge should be re-labelled the BHG detector. From bottom to halfway=good HG. From halfway to top=BHG. Easy.

[...]

RE: over heating mk3   2013-02-14 11:12:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
at least you might have some nice steam cleaned pistons when you pull the head off :D