m series bellhousings for mteu   2013-03-05 22:50:00 <James>
Does anybody know what bellhousing fits the mteu to manual w series gearboxes?

I'm aware there is a combination that works but unsure exactly what it is?

I wouldn't mind doing the swap sometime for the mk2.

Perhaps the 5mge has the same bolt pattern as the mteu?

Or perhaps there is a manual Crown or something with the correct bellhousing but this would be much more difficult to find.

RE: m series bellhousings for mteu   2013-03-05 23:29:00 <James Knock>

I forgot to put here yes I know about the w50 and its bell from those old meu engines, but maybe there was a bell that suits the w555758 ones?

It would be interesting to see how much difference the 5mge bell is anyway as it can't be very much, perhaps only a couple of holes out.

I wouldn't mind modifiying the 5mge bellhousing if its possible for it to fit that way and use the 5mge clutch flywheel etc.

> From: celicasupramteu@hotmail.com
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
> Subject: [sconz] m series bellhousings for mteu
> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:38:27 +0000
>
> Does anybody know what bellhousing fits the mteu to manual w series gearboxes?
>
> I'm aware there is a combination that works but unsure exactly what it is?
>
> I wouldn't mind doing the swap sometime for the mk2.
>
> Perhaps the 5mge has the same bolt pattern as the mteu?
>
> Or perhaps there is a manual Crown or something with the correct bellhousing but this would be much more difficult to find.

RE: m series bellhousings for mteu   2013-03-07 13:53:00 <mark>
yes the 5mge has a w55 bell. came in mx73 cressida etc. common in the states.

I know one person that has a stack of them. lives in Horotiu, nth of hamilton. probly asking heaps for them which why they not selling currently but he definately got em.
username myk00l (the O's are zero's) on trademe or toyspeed

RE: m series bellhousings for mteu   2013-03-07 15:12:00 <James Knock>

that's interesting, It would be good then to match the bell to the mteu block and see how they line up, I will keep a eye out for this.

Thanks Mark,

Cheers