Fwd: Re: Rubber ac auto relay - Found it.   2013-07-20 19:34:00 <Marc Archbold>
Great to hear! Dont bother with a wrecker unit, you will get a new
identical aftermarket unit, chinese copy for 10 bucks or abouts from
autoelectric city or equivalent.

> On 20 Jul 2013 19:00, "aj hunter" <ajh_nz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > Finally found the relay, wedged in good and tight behind something
else, lurking in the dark recesses behind the centre console.

> > Your were dead right about the cause of the no auto fault - - the relay
coil works but the contacts are open circuit. Off to the wrecker for a
replacement scavenge on Monday.

> > I could write a book about that damned Supra heater now.
> >
> > Anyway THANKS for your help, pictures etc. I really appreciate it.
> >
> > AJ Hunter
> > Graphic Designer

> > 027 201 9738
> >

> > ________________________________

located my relay by listening for the clicking.
> > That box on your diagram is the controller for the duct servos and not
what you are looking for. Dont open it as will lead to pain and suffering.

> > On 18 Jul 2013 22:50, "aj hunter" <ajh_nz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attached images,
> > >
> > > I appreciate your help. However there is NOTHING that looks like
that under my dash.

> > > There is only some black rubber box thing, as (possibly) per your
initial description and the attached image... I have absolutely no idea
how this relates to your images.

> > > Are your pictures from a 7M-GTE? Are those things hidden inside that
black rubber box thing? If so HOW DO YOU GET IT OPEN?
> > > This is extremely confusing. I don't want to break anything trying to
open it.

> > > AJ Hunter
> > > Graphic Designer

> > > 027 201 9738

Re: Fwd: Re: Rubber ac auto relay - Found it.   2013-07-20 19:49:00 <aj hunter>
Autoelectric City or equivalent may be a bit hard to come by down here in the Wairarapa where it's all still mud huts and Humber 80s! :)

The condition of a second hand unit depends on what it did in its past life, I guess: good if it only ran the pop-up headlamps for a few seconds a day, bad if it was powered almost permanently, like my old AC Auto relay.  Don't think I'd even touched that slider switch until the relay failed.

Repco were no help, and I suspect Supercheap would be just as bad.

 I may be able to get one via my friends at the local garage who do my WOF though.

BTW You can get generic 12v relays at Repco - I used one to do a precautionary mod to the Supra starter/solenoid circuit. It's just not the right one.

Cheers

AJ Hunter
Graphic Designer

027 201 9738