Aftermarket ecu shopping   2013-07-22 00:06:00 <Suzy W>
Hey guys, it's getting near that time and it's been a while since I visited
this topic so I thought I'd ask what ecu's have come to pass nowadays, what
flavour do you prefer. I've been musing AEM or Link g4 xtreme, not really
sure what others out there are recommended.

The car has been running well for the last few years but the overfueling in
open loop just isn't doing the engine any favours heh :)

Re: Aftermarket ecu shopping   2013-07-22 11:34:00 <Llewellyn Giles>
Best thing to think about is who will be tuning it. AEM has basically no
presense in NZ and thus getting someone to tune it may be rather hard.

Link is good but you don't need the extreme. The MKIV plug-in is basically
a Storm with a different plug and I would recommend you run wasted spark
and a storm to save $$ and get a proper tune.

On 22 July 2013 00:05, Suzy W <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, it's getting near that time and it's been a while since I
> visited this topic so I thought I'd ask what ecu's have come to pass
> nowadays, what flavour do you prefer. I've been musing AEM or Link g4
> xtreme, not really sure what others out there are recommended.
>
> The car has been running well for the last few years but the overfueling
> in open loop just isn't doing the engine any favours heh :)

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: Aftermarket ecu shopping   2013-07-22 12:00:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
personally i think the g4 xtreme is the best computer out these days besides motec ofcourse!