mk 3 no headlights   2013-07-22 09:46:00 <axel jones>
hey guys ive just found my headlights dont work
no parklights or anything,
switch is fine and theres power at the lights
what should i be cheking now?
anyone know where the loom goes or where plugs are?
(had roll cage built and dash outt so may be something just unpluged but nothuing obvious)
cheers axel

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-07-22 09:53:00 <Hunt M>
Switch is fine and there's power at the lights? Then your bulbs are
blown.....

On 22 July 2013 09:43, axel jones <axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:

> hey guys ive just found my headlights dont work
> no parklights or anything,
> switch is fine and theres power at the lights
> what should i be cheking now?
> anyone know where the loom goes or where plugs are?
> (had roll cage built and dash outt so may be something just unpluged but
> nothuing obvious)
> cheers axel

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-07-22 10:21:00 <Suzy W>
Or you lost the ground side if you didn't check both sides at the
connectors, this will help narrow down where the issue is
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=060

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Switch is fine and there's power at the lights? Then your bulbs are
> blown.....
>

> On 22 July 2013 09:43, axel jones <axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> hey guys ive just found my headlights dont work
>> no parklights or anything,
>> switch is fine and theres power at the lights
>> what should i be cheking now?
>> anyone know where the loom goes or where plugs are?
>> (had roll cage built and dash outt so may be something just unpluged but
>> nothuing obvious)
>> cheers axel

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 14:40:00 <axel jones>
haha dont wanna admit this one but there are two plugs very similar near the fuse box, they were around the wrong way : S
cheers for replys anyway!: )
next small issue is fuel gauge does not work.
any ideas how to get this working?
it currently just goes to max fuel level on gauge.
i found the grey plug on the left side of car for cluster and when i earth a wire there the level drops, does this just need to be earthed or is there more to it?
Axel

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 14:46:00 <Suzy W>
What year? You should be able to go off cygnus tsrm, I was swapping an
analog dash into a jza70 which originated from a ga70, quite the
interesting task but I still managed it using the tewd, I also now have the
jza70 one online, it's still in japanese for now but as long as you know
your way around a supra electrically you can still follow it. If you get
stuck I guess you can use the us tewd and check for picture similarities to
clear up what a computer/relay/box is that you can't decipher.

http://supra.co.nz/2013/jza70/jza70tewda.pdf
Save it to ya pc and then you can navigate via bookmarks if they don't show
in your browser

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM, axel jones <axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:

> haha dont wanna admit this one but there are two plugs very similar near
> the fuse box, they were around the wrong way : S
> cheers for replys anyway!: )
> next small issue is fuel gauge does not work.
> any ideas how to get this working?
> it currently just goes to max fuel level on gauge.
> i found the grey plug on the left side of car for cluster and when i earth
> a wire there the level drops, does this just need to be earthed or is there
> more to it?
> Axel

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 15:05:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
its a 1990 analoug dash..
i dont know the das side of the loom very well at all, and havnt really bothered to look at wiring diagrams
( cars a drift car so all i have ever had was tacho fuel gauge and sterio) gauge has only started doing this after engine was re wired and roll cage being built, was hoping someone could jyust tell me off the top of their head if the gauge wire i found just needed to be earthed.
ps taking my supra to hampton downs for a drift day tomorow (friday) if anyone wanted to come have a look

[...]

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 15:14:00 <Suzy W>
So the grey plug you found, is that in by the glovebox or is it in the
cluster hole? What does it look like, wire count?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland <
axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:

> **
> its a 1990 analoug dash..
> i dont know the das side of the loom very well at all, and havnt really
> bothered to look at wiring diagrams
> ( cars a drift car so all i have ever had was tacho fuel gauge and sterio)
> gauge has only started doing this after engine was re wired and roll cage
> being built, was hoping someone could jyust tell me off the top of their
> head if the gauge wire i found just needed to be earthed.
> ps taking my supra to hampton downs for a drift day tomorow (friday) if
> anyone wanted to come have a look

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 15:43:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
yea on the glove box side
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=54
the second grey plug on left, i started testing these pins as i new this is where the tacho wire is, it was the pink wire, apparently spped signal that brought gauge level down?

[...]

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 16:51:00 <Suzy W>
Oooh no don't connect the pink heh

Have you by any chance not got the brown wire connected to eye terminal
that's bolted by a 10mm in the center console under the carpet not bolted?
Thats the ground side to the fuel gauge/light.

Ground point I
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=137
Locations of plugs etc
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=138

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland <
axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:

> **
> yea on the glove box side
> http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=54
> the second grey plug on left, i started testing these pins as i new this
> is where the tacho wire is, it was the pink wire, apparently spped signal
> that brought gauge level down?

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 16:52:00 <Suzy W>
Another link showing where they are
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=28

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Suzy W <suprra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oooh no don't connect the pink heh
>
> Have you by any chance not got the brown wire connected to eye terminal
> that's bolted by a 10mm in the center console under the carpet not bolted?
> Thats the ground side to the fuel gauge/light.
>
> Ground point I
> http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=137
> Locations of plugs etc
> http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=138
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland <
> axel@nzcpak.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> **
>> yea on the glove box side
>>
>> http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=54
>> the second grey plug on left, i started testing these pins as i new this
>> is where the tacho wire is, it was the pink wire, apparently spped signal
>> that brought gauge level down?

>>> 7M POWAH! ;)
>>> www.supra.co.nz
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>>
>> Suze
>> 7M POWAH! ;)
>> www.supra.co.nz

> 7M POWAH! ;)
> www.supra.co.nz

Re: mk 3 no headlights   2013-08-15 17:06:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
thank you, i will go do some investigations : )