Electric Aerial   2013-08-13 23:38:00 <David Weaver>
Hi all
excuse the dumb question. I have a 92 jza70 R and the other day the electric aerial made a grinding sound and just stopped working it is now stuck halfway up.
Fairly sure it is the original factory aerial
Anyone ever had this issue or fixed one? any tips would be much appreciated or do I go buy another one?

Dave

CAUTION: The information in this email (and any accompanying documents) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee named in this message. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and destroy all copies of this message.

Re: Electric Aerial   2013-08-13 23:56:00 <Suzy W>
Probably the nylon teeth stuff has chewed away so the motor doesn't have
anything to grip on to, you should be able to just buy a new insert for it,
toyota or repco etc. Take off right spoiler section, screws then pop it off
( don't break it :p) undo aerial screw thingos, turn radio on, watch aerial
spit out the top, get new one, make sure it's facing the right way, feed it
down till you feel the motor sorta grab it ( a bit like printer paper) turn
key off, watch it suck the aerial in, reassemble (and curse that you broke
your spoiler) lol :)