Torsen diff oil   2014-01-22 18:09:00 <Hunt M>
Hey all.

Has anyone had any experience with diff oil in a MK3 Torsen diff?

RE: Torsen diff oil   2014-01-22 19:57:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
Hey Hunt,

Im currently using Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil in my JZA70's Torsen LSD

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=133&pcid=4

used about 1.3ish Litres if i recall correctly? and its been really nice, locks up nice and keeps it sideways, on the paddock at least haha

Im happy with the oil anyway, It was recommended to me, and it hasn't caused me problems for the 2 years its been in there now

Will be interesting to see what others are using too

Cheers

Aaron

Has anyone had any experience with diff oil in a MK3 Torsen diff?

RE: Torsen diff oil   2014-01-22 21:52:00 <Hunt M>
Thanks for that. I'd thought about that exact product!
On 22/01/2014 7:57 PM, "Aaron Mcfadzien" <aaron.mcfadzien@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hey Hunt,
>
> Im currently using Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil in my JZA70's Torsen LSD
>
> http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=133&pcid=4
>
> used about 1.3ish Litres if i recall correctly? and its been really nice,
> locks up nice and keeps it sideways, on the paddock at least haha
>
> Im happy with the oil anyway, It was recommended to me, and it hasn't
> caused me problems for the 2 years its been in there now
>
> Will be interesting to see what others are using too
>
> Cheers
>
> Aaron
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:08:32 +1300
> Subject: [sconz] Torsen diff oil
> From: huntatwork@gmail.com
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> Hey all.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with diff oil in a MK3 Torsen diff?

Re: Torsen diff oil   2014-01-23 09:26:00 <David Weaver>
I have a stock jza70 R spec, done 100k's, did a bit of research on the best oils a fews back for the R154 and torsen diff. I was recommended
redline GL 5 as well. No problems with it, Redline MT 90 in the 5 speed is also very good and really
improved the clunky shifting you get with a R154. Some synthethics can be too "slippery".
Only downside it that it comes in quart bottles so you will have a fair bit left over.

hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

CAUTION: The information in this email (and any accompanying documents) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee named in this message. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and destroy all copies of this message.

On 22/01/2014, at 9:52 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that. I'd thought about that exact product!
>
> On 22/01/2014 7:57 PM, "Aaron Mcfadzien" <aaron.mcfadzien@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hey Hunt,
>
> Im currently using Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil in my JZA70's Torsen LSD
>
> http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=133&pcid=4
>
> used about 1.3ish Litres if i recall correctly? and its been really nice, locks up nice and keeps it sideways, on the paddock at least haha
>
> Im happy with the oil anyway, It was recommended to me, and it hasn't caused me problems for the 2 years its been in there now
>
> Will be interesting to see what others are using too
>
> Cheers
>
> Aaron
>
> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:08:32 +1300
> Subject: [sconz] Torsen diff oil
> From: huntatwork@gmail.com
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> Hey all.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with diff oil in a MK3 Torsen diff?

RE: Torsen diff oil   2014-01-23 10:11:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
Yeah using MT90 in my R154 as well, and no problems either, while its still a clunky truck box, its cold shifting behavior got much better after putting in the MT90, whether the previous oil was just incorrect, I am not sure though, but i would use MT90 again in it for sure if i had to

My diff and box are pushing 210,000km now, so getting a bit old haha

Cheers

Aaron

On 22/01/2014, at 9:52 PM, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:Thanks for that. I'd thought about that exact product!