Removal of diff pinion?   2014-01-25 16:22:00 <Hunt M>
Hey all.

Does the drive pinion come out the rear of the diff? And once taken the
front nut off, is it a matter of hammering it out or pressing it out?

RE: Removal of diff pinion?   2014-01-25 18:17:00 <Nick>
TRSM

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:22:15 +1300
Subject: [sconz] Removal of diff pinion?
From: huntatwork@gmail.com
To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz

Hey all.
Does the drive pinion come out the rear of the diff? And once taken the front nut off, is it a matter of hammering it out or pressing it out?

RE: Removal of diff pinion?   2014-01-25 18:19:00 <Hunt M>
Yeah thanks for that bit of helpful information.

Doesn't actually say how to get it out.

Turns out a sledge hammer works.

Thanks again.....
On 25/01/2014 6:17 PM, "Nick" <nick_red82@hotmail.com> wrote:

> TRSM
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:22:15 +1300
> Subject: [sconz] Removal of diff pinion?
> From: huntatwork@gmail.com
> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>
> Hey all.
>
> Does the drive pinion come out the rear of the diff? And once taken the
> front nut off, is it a matter of hammering it out or pressing it out?

RE: Removal of diff pinion?   2014-01-25 18:22:00 <Hunt M>
And it's TSRM btw....
On 25/01/2014 6:18 PM, "Hunt M" <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah thanks for that bit of helpful information.
>
> Doesn't actually say how to get it out.
>
> Turns out a sledge hammer works.
>
> Thanks again.....
> On 25/01/2014 6:17 PM, "Nick" <nick_red82@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> TRSM
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:22:15 +1300
>> Subject: [sconz] Removal of diff pinion?
>> From: huntatwork@gmail.com
>> To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz
>>
>> Hey all.
>>
>> Does the drive pinion come out the rear of the diff? And once taken the
>> front nut off, is it a matter of hammering it out or pressing it out?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Hunt

RE: Removal of diff pinion?   2014-01-25 20:04:00 <blu_meanie>

Hey, if its anything like the F series in my mk2 it will come out the back once youve removed carrier/crown
Once I unstaked the nut and took companion flange off it only required a couple of light taps with a soft face hammer to slide out....bearing in mind mine was high mileage and the pinion crush sleeve had lost some of its preload on the assembly so that would of helped