7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-13 21:53:00 <Suzy W>
In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at
zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-14 17:24:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make him find me a brand new one.

From: Suzy W
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:57 PM
Subject: [sconz] 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it

In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-14 20:40:00 <Suzy W>
damn i took alot of pics of it and not one decent one of the door, i can't
remember :/ the passenger is up, drivers is not up so either someone got
the motor from it and its inside the door or someone has taken it out

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz>wrote:

> Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the
> window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me
> another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make
> him find me a brand new one.

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-15 12:51:00 <Sam Sherwen>
I was there last week - GA70 driver door is there but no window. Door has a
rust hole in the top, not in great condition.

On 14 February 2014 17:23, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the
> window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me
> another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make
> him find me a brand new one.

*Best RegardsSam Sherwen*

RE: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-15 13:04:00 <John Rosser>
Turbo's wouldn't happen to still be on it would they?

John

In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at
zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

<http://www.supras.org.nz/Website>
Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

No virus found in this message.

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-15 13:10:00 <Sam Sherwen>
Nope - Turbos were among the first to go according to the staff - I was
after the grey dash surround but it was also long gone.

Replaced my broken wing mirror control though.

On 15 February 2014 13:03, John Rosser <John_Rosser@supras.org.nz> wrote:

> Turbo's wouldn't happen to still be on it would they?
>

> John

*Best RegardsSam Sherwen*

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-15 17:00:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Most to do with anything is gone off that car. Including the VSV :/ and 90% of the climate control kit. All the other toyota 6 cylinders there use a cable for the heater control, apart from the lonely MKI sitting down in the corner, so I nicked the VSV off that, and off a few other cars :) with what I have I will engineer a VSV for this frickin car!

Someone needs to save that MKI, apart from the raging rust which would be a nightmare to fix, it's otherwise not in bad shape for it's age and it's 90% complete. The w50 is long gone, (and now so are it's VSV, and all the t joins for the vacuum hoses lol). The interior is what I would call immaculate for a 33 year old car.

The Supra did have a 2 lever pantograph jack sitting inside though so I took that, not sure if it's the original one but it's better than mine and I've never seen a 2 lever one before. Scored some other trim parts (the rear speaker/strut tower covers are now mine) but there are other grey interior panels.

damn i took alot of pics of it and not one decent one of the door, i can't remember :/ the passenger is up, drivers is not up so either someone got the motor from it and its inside the door or someone has taken it out

Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make him find me a brand new one.

In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

Best Regards

Sam Sherwen

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-15 17:00:00 <Jonathan Walker>
And the window is there :) it's down inside the door but if the rest of the glazing is to go by, it'll be in sad shape.
I was there last week - GA70 driver door is there but no window. Door has a rust hole in the top, not in great condition.

Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make him find me a brand new one.

In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

Best Regards

Sam Sherwen

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-16 21:41:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Success...the MK 1 Supra VSV now operates my MA71 heater :> #keepitinthefamily :D
Although, it was a different (slightly) design from the MA71 valve meaning I had to mount it just in front of the valve assembly on a redundant bracket and transplant the plug from my old VSV, as well as lengthen the vacuum tubing slightly.
Heater = fixed for $5 :) I feel slightly guilty for removing an essential part from that beautiful MKI

Does the GA70 still have it's drivers door? More specifically the window? Window tinter left a gnarly scratch in mine so he's buying me another one. i said if I could find a good 2nd hand one, I wouldn't make him find me a brand new one.

In case anyone needed a head or other bits there's a 7m cressida out at zebra u pick it, no alternator but the rest is there by the look

Still the 89 ga70 too.

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-16 23:34:00 <Suzy W>
yay hope it works longer for you than mine did haha xD

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz>wrote:

> Success...the MK 1 Supra VSV now operates my MA71 heater :>
> #keepitinthefamily :D
> Although, it was a different (slightly) design from the MA71 valve meaning
> I had to mount it just in front of the valve assembly on a redundant
> bracket and transplant the plug from my old VSV, as well as lengthen the
> vacuum tubing slightly.
> Heater = fixed for $5 :) I feel slightly guilty for removing an essential
> part from that beautiful MKI

Re: 7mge cressida at zebra u pick it   2014-02-16 23:38:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Lasted over 30 years so far. Its gonna be one of those parts that just never dies :)