Diff oil for Torsen?   2014-03-06 14:34:00 <Hunt M>
Hi all

Any specific oil I should be putting in my torsen? Or just run of the mill
diff oil?

RE: Diff oil for Torsen?   2014-03-06 15:38:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
Im running Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil in my G299 torsen - its been good for 2 years now

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=133&pcid=4

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:33:42 +1300
Subject: [sconz] Diff oil for Torsen?
From: huntatwork@gmail.com
To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz

Hi all
Any specific oil I should be putting in my torsen? Or just run of the mill diff oil?
CheersHunt

Re: Diff oil for Torsen?   2014-03-06 15:47:00 <Llewellyn Giles>
After breaking my first one I used redline heavyweight shockproof. It
survived ages and then I broke a ring gear.

I guess it just depends what you are doing with it. Lightweight shockproof
was fantastic in the r154 though. Highly recommend that!
On 6 Mar 2014 14:34, "Hunt M" <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Any specific oil I should be putting in my torsen? Or just run of the mill
> diff oil?

Re: Diff oil for Torsen?   2014-03-06 16:33:00 <Axel - NZ Car Parts Auckland>
i use the redline lightweight in both.
oil always seems to come out reasonably clean and it gets a beating in my car!