Our fuel filters are lifetime filters....?   2014-03-23 21:51:00 <Hunt M>
Really? Lifetime?
Lifetime of what? The engine? First set of brake pads? Head gasket (only 7M
owners apply)?

RE: Our fuel filters are lifetime filters....?   2014-03-23 21:55:00 <Aaron Mcfadzien>
Thats what i was told too - thats half the reason they make them hard to access apparently

didint stop me though haha, although I had to go Toyota genuine, as me and a friend spent an entire Saturday at the local parts places and none of them could get a suitable replacment with the correct fittings - and the repco cross reference item was wayyyy off - at least in my case

apparently these days, and even back in the 90's - Fuel filters were "for life" be that 10, 20, or whatever years or km's or litres i dont know haha - all i know is i wanted a clean slate with my car fuel system wise, so i changed it haha

Cheers

Aaron

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 21:50:56 +1300
Subject: [sconz] Our fuel filters are lifetime filters....?
From: huntatwork@gmail.com
To: sconz@list.supras.org.nz

Really? Lifetime? Lifetime of what? The engine? First set of brake pads? Head gasket (only 7M owners apply)?

RE: Our fuel filters are lifetime filters....?   2014-03-24 17:25:00 <Nick>
Supposedly they are the lifetime of the car, but no idea what toyota considers a "lifetime"
I read a thread about it someware was toyota's attempt to develop a fuel filter that had so much surface area that it basically could never clog, unless there was a out of the ordinary issue with the fuel system, Super rusty fuel tank, Pissed ex girlfriend fills fuel tank with sugar etc etc
As customers were complaining about the costly maintenance costs of there vehicles

In staying that i wouldnt trust such, especially NZ's crappy fuel. and i haven't cause i replaced my fuel filter a few years ago while the diff was out (much easier!)

Nick