Rebuilding Bilstein shocks   2014-05-07 10:20:00 <Hunt M>
Hey all

I have standard Bilstein shocks from a JZA70.

I have noticed the back left corner is lower than the right, and if seems
to bang sometimes when going over bumps, like the shock isn't stopping the
chassis coming smashing down onto the bump stops.

Would a worn shock make the car sit lower?

Does anyone have any contacts to rebuilding these shocks for
parts/consumables? I assume Toyota will want about $6000 for one seal....

Re: Rebuilding Bilstein shocks   2014-05-07 10:26:00 <Sam Roper>
Hi Hunt,

I recommend you look up "suspension tech" , the owners name is Chris
Alexander and he rebuilds bilsteins as well as other shocks.

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014, Hunt M <huntatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> I have standard Bilstein shocks from a JZA70.
>
> I have noticed the back left corner is lower than the right, and if seems
> to bang sometimes when going over bumps, like the shock isn't stopping the
> chassis coming smashing down onto the bump stops.
>
> Would a worn shock make the car sit lower?
>
> Does anyone have any contacts to rebuilding these shocks for
> parts/consumables? I assume Toyota will want about $6000 for one seal....

*Regards,*

*Sam Roper*

RE: Rebuilding Bilstein shocks   2014-05-07 13:04:00 <James Knock>
I've got some Monroe rear gas shocks to suit 35mm lowered springs if your interested?